So...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

I was wondering the same how many were actual suspensions and any if at all were banned?

People seem to refuse to use the correct terms like boxing and bots, suspension and banned. There is a huge difference.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

I think you give them too much credit.
  3. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Wow they are everywhere.

Everyone running VM machines is clearly in the IT business...

Hahaha

Dream on :D
  4. NotACheater New Member

I had to spin up another account to be able to post on forums. Suspension includes forum as well I guess.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Wow its almost like people who have VM's and don't use them for EQ didn't actually get banned.
    oldkracow likes this.
  6. alkaborz New Member

and for exemple i need vm to run an apache server on my computer or a linux os
    also W10 sandbox system is affected ??

i get suspended for that ... the solution is to buy anuther computer ?

can we get some more info relative to that pls ?
  7. Javaliscious New Member

So... how do we like the Truebox feature now?
    Zippie and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

This ridiculousness puts the final nail in the Truebox Coffin. Failed mechanic from the start.
  9. Yolan Lorekeeper

You guys want the truth right? I don't mind giving it to you. You want to bash people you think may be lying but when someone gives you the truth its crazy? My only excuse (which is a poor one) is at the time I was returning to EQ and I didn't know what a truebox was or that VMs were bad.

So fact of the matter is I never cheat. My back up plan for a 3rd account never even worked so I never tried. I still have 3 boxes and only 2 accounts. So back to what this whole post is about. Innocent people are getting suspended.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

VMs banned on all servers bud
  11. Yolan Lorekeeper

I am sure you are right but that also makes no sense. Why would someone run a VM on a non-truebox server?
  12. Sikkun Augur

They use Mac or Linux as an OS.
  13. Machen New Member

Again, it's a company wide policy that originally had nothing to do with EQ. People were using VM's to cheat in Planetside, so SoE at the time decided anyone running VM's while playing any of their games gets a ban.
  14. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Wow but it also seems like people who have VM's who don't use them for EQ are also getting banned!
  15. Javaliscious New Member

So how does having a VM help you on a non truebox server? I am under the impression that VM is pointless there...so without truebox...this would be a non issue. Never used a VM so not totally clear on how all that works but I got the gist of what people are doing with them on truebox servers to bypass it...hence the suspensions. So my point stands...how are you all liking your truebox servers now?
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I had Virtual Box installed for some Linux stuff I was doing a couple of years back. I didn't get banned/suspended but I did uninstall Virtual Box.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What a shocker....

People on the cheat forums are complaining about a VM suspend / ban wave.
    People on this forum are all innocent and never used a VM to get around the truebox. :rolleyes:
    Xanathol likes this.
  18. Yolan Lorekeeper

I'm assuming maybe your VM did not have any type of process it ran on start up. I think that is where my false positive came from.
    Sikkun likes this.
  19. That0neguy Augur

Ignorance is not an excuse. Also VMs have been "bad" since the beginning.
  20. Sikkun Augur

I have no proof anyone not cheating has been banned, but people at least get the rules right.

“ Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
    Playing on virtual machines.”

PLAYING on a VM is against the rules, having a VM installed or running is not. Using the VM to play is what’s against the rule.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.