So...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yolan Lorekeeper

You are right. I said this and stand by it. Its also why I said "chances are". The VM on my main pc was there if I ever decided to make a 3rd account. I was used to 3 boxing on live (2 windows, one laptop) so I tried that method before hooking up the 3rd box. Truth be told every time I ran the VM it crashed so I never got it to a point to even try to work it with EQ. I'm not in IT. I can't think of any other personal use for a VM.

That being said I was never able to get the VM working therefor never used it on EQ and never even made a 3rd account. So there is no reason for one of my accounts to have been suspended for "cheating" and using a VM. Had this been legit and I was boxing via VM I'd own up to my mistake and never even be posting here. Just take the 7 day in stride.
  2. Yolan Lorekeeper

This is correct. Hence why I am posting on this account. And why everyone references their other account got suspended.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Then you got forum banned for something else.
  4. NotACheater New Member

Yes. They do. Whatever method they are using doesn't work. I play 1 character on 1 laptop.
  5. eXtraL New Member

Had to try to log onto my main account and its not possible. this account is fine tho, and they are linked to the same e-mail.
  6. GuessICheated? New Member

Wrong. Never even used the forums. It forces you to sign in to your DBG sccount. Maybe you are on an older account?
  7. Ecko Elder

Iirc, back in the SoE days your account and forum login were seperate, but now they're tied together.
  8. eXtraL New Member

Same here, never posted on the DBG forums before.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

False, cant login to the account whatsoever including forums and account management.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  10. That0neguy Augur

ROFL. So did you just admit you tried and failed to cheat using VM?
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Basically
  12. NotACheater New Member

Nope - didn't even know it was on my gaming laptop. never opened it.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Some of you are mind numbing. There are plenty of reasons to have a VM running that has nothing to do with EQ. Lots of EverQuest players work in the IT industry, work in web development, etc. Things like a web server on a Linux VM running on the same machine they play games on is certainly going to happen.

I have PiHole and Plex running on a Linux VM on my desktop. If what happened here is true I guess I won't load up EQ on it until Daybreak realises what they did was a mistake. Do either of those have anything to do with EverQuest? No. Am I going to shut them down just to play EverQuest? Hell no. I shouldn't have to either.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  14. uk6999 Augur

This isn't my main account anymore but I run VM's from time to time for spinning up linux instances. Mostly for certifications, learning, etc. I dont' have VM's up and running all the time but I do have the product installed and did not get suspended or banned. So maybe I wasnt online at the right time to get scanned or they are looking for running processes, etc. who knows. I will say Containers/Docker, etc. is the new future for IT and developers and people are expected to run this stuff on their own laptop. I don't know what DBG thinks these people are going to do? I would argue that a large percentage of EQ players are in the IT industry to some degree.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I'll take your word for it. I guess they changed it since i got suspended on RF for "training" or maybe it only applies to accounts banned for cheating.

Although this cast lots of doubt on the "i only play one toon and got banned" new members.
  16. Machen New Member

I sympathize and agree, but DBG has been doing this for a long time. These complaints have been made before, and they have always fallen on deaf ears. It seems unlikely they will change course on this.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  17. Deenobot New Member

I'm really confused at the absolute hate for boxing. Or why vb is banned. If I have to either spend money on a second computer to box or can get a free program, guess what makes more sense. They accomplish the same thing. It may be against the rules, but its not cheating. It provides no advantage that a costly space using second computer wouldn't. And from a business perspective more accounts means more money for DBG. People on their high horse need to get off it and realize everyone's situation is different and how they want to play eq is different. Also eq has no business scanning anyone's computer aside from the eq folder. Privacy should be a real thing.
  18. GuessICheated? New Member

Lol because people made new accounts to post? You have to even make a new account to submit a ban/suspension appeal. It tells you in the appeal process you will have to send it from a new account.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm curious how many are actually Banned and not "banned", aka suspended since people seem to use the words interchangeably these days. Over the past 4ish years since Ragefire came out I've known and heard of plenty of people getting both kinds of vacations and while sometimes they are hit with a punishment for a crime they didn't commit, their hands were never completely clean.
    oldkracow likes this.
  20. Ghubuk Augur

Actually you agree to it every time you log in. As well, almost all online games (the big ones anyway), do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.