3 box 3 necros!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evertrek, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Evertrek Augur

necros are still far better than mages in all respects IMO. so while waiting for the next expansion on live i plan to level from 1-???, 3 necros with mercs. im interested to see how far i can get in a month. only one of my accounts has all-access, so that limits me to only one j5 merc and limited gear for the free 2 accounts.

i was leveling on selo but that server is fading. TLPs are a pain to keep up leveling to endgame IMO. if you miss a few days at launch you're on your own. i went from ragefire->phinny->agmar. almost made it to endgame on agmar but RL came up and stopped that dash too. so back to live, i'll just pretend im on a TLP lol.
  2. Zamiam Augur

mages pets are far superior than necro pets its a proven fact .. :p
  3. Tucoh Augur

Necro boxes suffer in two major ways

1. Necros are by far the highest skill cap classes in the game. And if you approach this skill cap by throwing multiple spell slots worth of dots onto a mob or chain high value dots onto multiple mobs while responding to resists and bakancing cooldowns, you'll get, well, ok to good results that are comproble to a mage sitting there hitting a multibind.

2. Because necros have a long spin up time, your reward for improving your DPS is less efficacy for your necros. It's why i had to ditch my beastlord, when i was killing mobs in two ticks their dot damage was so wasted the beastlord was subpar dps.

There are interesting things you can do with a necro, but by and large three necros is a poor three box.
  4. Evertrek Augur

back in 2000 our fort group in LIO invited 2 necros. at that time it was insane with the necro dps and heals and such. now with mercs it still is a nice group with 3 necros. people want to race to endgame but there are many ways to move forward in a productive fission. 3 necro box is one way, and at endgame they are much more useful to fill an empty slot in a group than a magician IMO. i have noticed necros tend to not be team players and can act out in raids but the class is solid. my main is a cleric, i have had fun with a magician over the years, but necros have grown on me...

on another note, free/silver accounts are almost worthless with their limits on mercs, armor, and spells. i have been leveling just my paid account for now, gave up on the other 2 accounts.
  5. Yimin Augur

One of my all time favorite combos was mage/necro , its almost unstoppable , and over twenty years I played almost every combo you can think of and this was one of my favorite !

YiMin
  6. Ibudin Augur

I box 2 necros and a shaman. Its what I have to use, and it works - o.k.
    Works great in GMM, 2 skelly aura's and alliance abilities. Both necro's have current raid level pet focus.
    To be good on a necro, you have to blast the mob with a bunch of dots (not hard when you main a necro), but if you think you can do that with 2 necros, its not that efficient.
    Cleared most of the TBL named with that combo as well, but it wasn't a cake walk and handful of names, made it so I had to get some help.

If it was a mage necro shaman, probably would of done a lot better.
    I also found necro shaman zerker - way faster, than even 2 necros running alliance.
    Beast or mage, replace one of the necros. in that 3 box.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

8. Snack Augur

I have wanted to box 4 mages for a long time. I considered necros, but was worried that the stuff would die too fast to take full effect of the dots.
  9. Ibudin Augur

Don't need to worry if dots take full effect, the goal is for the mob to die as fast as possible. Necro's have superior mana regen, and tools to keep replenishing it. Cast 4 dots each, and rotate alliance. I could care less if the dot was 3 ticks out of 12 when it dies, move on to the next.

Running necros is hard mode, long and boring. I do it, and have for a long time. People who box other classes, can get a lot more done, and more efficient. I just don't want to start over making new boxes, and getting them geared/aa to be useful.

I prefer to play with a full team of players anyways, really only use boxes to go back and do content and farming others have either moved on from, or I only need to do and don't want to bother others
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Force is strong with this comment. Whatever you bring to the table as far as group composition, the litmus test is how fast stuff dies. If your in Sathirs Tomb and the undead non named die in 20 to 35 seconds then you're doing ok.... play what is fun to you that maintains that rate.
  11. Tucoh Augur

I recently spun up a 4mag / enc / dru group. I don't want to pollute this thread about it but it has massive damage and capabilities in some ways but huge detriments in other ways compared to a group with a true plate tank.

I'll post a video of me doing Tyrant of Fire and some other stuff in my boxing thread this weekend maybe.
  12. seber Augur

all you all want to hit 1 key have cast on 3 toons sorry neco not work as well with lol......