Raid Coins on TLP'S

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numiko, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Numiko Augur

The amount of coins we get for each raid is no different that what was awarded on live.

Due to the compressed timeline on TLP severs its often hard to gear people up on these servers with them due to the fact we only have 2 or 3 months to earn them from each expansion.

I would really like to see us getting 4X the coins from each raid we do, but I would settle for double.

This doubling of rewards is not without precedent on TLP servers either, they did it in UF for convortium loot
    Dudeisbeast, Skuz, Froger and 2 others like this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Everything on TLPs should be scaled 2x or more.

EXP, Rare named spawn rate, Raid chest drops, Raid currency reward.

All of these should be amplified on TLPs that seek to go through the content in 1/4th the time that live servers experienced them. Around SoF this should start getting applied since you get into the year long lifespan servers.

The concern with giving people too much gear/levels/AAs too quickly is non existent on TLP servers where you are getting new content every 3 months or less. People aren’t going to quit like they may on a live server after 12 months of the same content. People are more likely to quit due to being unable to keep up, not due to a lack of things to do.
  3. Iyacc Augur

It's hard enough keeping people interested for 1 to 3 months between expansions on the raiding scene. If you give even more rewards people will be done playing after a week or two.

I play every day but I don't grind the out of things like LDoN or DoN or DoDH missions and I've still got everything I want/need to progress - within reason. I'm probably more invested than the average player and typical of the average raider. We don't need more rewards.....
    Dythan likes this.
  4. Iyacc Augur

I'm coming from viewpoint of Agnar/Selo btw - if you're specifically talking about some future expac I haven't made it to yet then feel free to ignore my comments. :)
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The OP is talking about Veil of Alaris and beyond expansions. So if you’re not playing on a server with level 95+, this doesn’t apply to you.

My suggestion was for all servers at or beyond Secrets of Faydwer, IE servers with level 80+ characters.

We are talking about expansions released around 2008 and beyond. Not the earlier expansions.

Also Selos already has the double exp / rare spawn bonus in place due to its accelerated rate. I’m just suggesting that change should be applied to all servers once they get into later expansions because there’s far more AAs and gearing process is a full reset each expansion which should be made easier by increased rare spawns and increased raid loot / currency.
    Skuz, Mithra and Alekzandre like this.
  6. Numiko Augur

What made me think of it is when someone said on Phinny even if you beat every T4 raid every time the timer resets from the first day it opens, you will not be able to earn enough coins to even purchase one item with the coins you get.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I would have to agree, at least for Selo's, they double everything else but Raid Currency. I would have to say this was an oversight and should probably be corrected since everything else that matters raid wise is already doubled.
  8. Froger Lorekeeper

This is a real issue. Would love to hear dev's thoughts on this.
  9. Machen New Member

It's not the issue you guys are making it out to be. You don't need best in slot raid gear in every slot to do the next expansion. Would it be nice to have, sure, but the last time we played through these expansions in TLP format, the content was more difficult than it is now (due to cumulative increases in player power over the last three or four years), and we were able to get it all done with mostly mixes of gear from the 2-3 expansions previous. No one had full current era gear, ever. Didn't stop us from beating the content.
    Dythan likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

11. AnonFrog01 Journeyman

Just rename the thread to something more appropriate like... "What I think I am entitled to" A millennials list of demands.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Its been brought up and ignored before. They release an accelerated time line server but don't adjust drop rates and relevant items like raid currency.

Its a reasonable request.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

Phinigel isn't that server... It has basically the same time line as previous TLP's.

Selo has room to complain, but they are apparently addressing this sort of stuff for them.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay Boomer
    Funky likes this.
  15. Rasputyn Elder

Heart of Fear(Tier 4) has 3 main events that award the standard 10 coins each. At 30 coins per clear and 8 weeks, OGC expects to get about 10 clears of Tier 4 in before the next expansion. This caps our earning for Tier 4 specifically at about 300 coins.

Normal items appear to cost 72 coins. Breastplates cost 180 coins. Weapons cost a little less than BPs.
    Most members of OGC should expect to get about 3 normal items, or 1 weapon and 1 normal item with currency. I should also note that I haven't looked specifically at how the holidays and such may impact this.

Source: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=43542
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Casuals refusing to raid on Thanksgiving, sounds like they should of left for Miraguls
    Brumans likes this.
  17. Kujoe Lorekeeper

It has become clear to me that there are dissimilar goals of a TLP between daybreak and the TLP community (at least the vocal members on these forums).

Daybreak's TLP desire is to regulate how fast the goal line moves, whether in 2/3 month increments or monthly, the "end game" moves along.

The TLP community desire, seems to be, to complete the raids before the goal line moves, gear enough tanks/healers to complete the top tier of each end zone raid before the goal line moves, and farm the daylights out of end game to enjoy "bis god geared toons" before their effort is trivialized by the goal line moving again with the next expansion.

Daybreak doesn't care if you finish flags/keys before the goal line is moved (it was a fight and multiple TLP servers before flagging and keying drops were even slightly adjusted), they don't care about your ability to gear up to complete end game raiding, i.e. being able to get into tier 3 and 4 raids before the next goal line is moved (we are still fighting the good fight here, asking for quicker tier 1/2 drops to quicken the collection of tier 3/4 armor, and as seen here the coin feature to fill gaps); nor do they care about players having the time/ability in the tier 4 zones (or more "coins") to deck out their characters in BIS to experience that god level of power before the next expac comes out.

It just doesn't seem like the purposes of daybreak and the TLP player are aligned 100%. Of course there is overlap here and there, but looking at what daybreak changes (SK riposte and other odd "fixes" to things that have been in game for years, pofire wall lev still not fixed, and mostly the griefing aspects of keying/flagging player interaction rather than adjustments to the actual keying/flagging mechanisms), perhaps we just have to realize that we are not all striving for the same goal. If Phinny guild are still progressing through tier 3/4 RoF before the next 1,2, or 3 expacs come out (for lack of keys or gear), I don't think that would effect daybreak's measure of a "successful" TLP. I mean, those expacs did release on schedule .. well, actually RoF doesn't seem to be comple... nevermind, dont wan't to have VM ware found on my pc.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Nothing stops you from going back and continuing to raid that content and getting currency for the same amount of time live servers farmed it.

If there is something worth while from it, you should be.

If there is nothing worth going back for, why does it matter? Skip whatever slot you missed in expansion A and upgrade in expansion A+1.
  19. Machen New Member

That may be what some players think they want, but the reality is, every time we've been given enough time to accomplish that, people hate it, get bored doing the same content for that long, and end up quitting.

Anyone remember six month unlocks on Ragefire and Lockjaw? You don't want to go back to that, really.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Numiko Augur

Its no longer worth doing that because there is no overlap anymore. In past expansions yes T1 from the "new" expansion was not as good as The top gear of the old expansion so what you say is viable, but now and from my understanding from now on.. T1 will be much better then whatever the best items were from the previous expansions, so there is no point to farming older content.
    Skuz likes this.