So...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pappasalt Augur

I am all for suspensions/bans for people who deserve it and are actually doing things against the ToS, however I think your current...what seems to be automation you put in place has caused a huge wave of suspensions that are not warranted.

You can't just suspend people who have certain software on their computers if it's not being used. This isn't for me, I wasn't suspended but apparently you are suspending anyone who has any VMware on their computer atm lol.
  2. Phartman New Member

Not sure I buy this. Sounds like people fed you a story.
    Delphwind likes this.
  3. yober Elder

Can confirm. One of my accounts was banned for VMs, I've never used it to cheat it any way.
  4. Pappasalt Augur

I understand your statement and some of my friends may be lying to me but from what it sounds like is they are just scanning the computers to see if the VM software is installed and suspending from there. On top of that they aren't actually describing in the email what it is it's just labeled as "cheating."
  5. Phartman New Member

I know someone who had their box banned. Their main only used a VM a couple times and got a seven day suspension. That makes me think it's not as simple as you're implying it is. VMware was in both of his computers.

If course, maybe they're looking at factors such as if they have a paid subscription or krono paid. Who knows.
  6. Pappasalt Augur

Either way a proper explaination would be due in the email sent. Think we can agree upon that of the reason why, perhaps a date/time, etc.
  7. Machen New Member

It would be nice, but they won't give you one. They never explain exactly how you were cheating or how they knew, to prevent cheaters from being able to find workarounds more easily.
  8. Pappasalt Augur

Not really asking for huge details, moreso....
    Reason for suspension: VM software found on your hardware
    Time of discovery: 11/1 12:34am EST

I know that seems tough...
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

I have had VMWare on my PCs for years for work. Also VirtualBox. Never used for gaming and not banned (yet). Maybe I should never log this account out ever again, though lol. (also seeing as the login servers are borked haha)
  10. Pappasalt Augur

Might want to check email for that account
  11. Bardy McFly Augur

In PMs or a support ticket, if you truly haven't cheated I see no reason why they shouldn't provide high level evidence such as what you describe. I'd be absolutely $%#^@^@#$ if my main account got banned with all the years and dollars invested in it.
  12. Bardy McFly Augur

Nothing yet, and if they have false positives they are welcome to check my accounts to debug to see why others were flagged and I was not. I have nothing to hide.
  13. Yolan Lorekeeper

Seems like a very careless suspension wave. I've preached how if they want to keep truebox they should enforce the rules on people with VM's. Then they go and ban people that have VM's but don't use them for EQ. Is it really that hard to see multiple EQ accounts running on a VM?

Don't get me wrong. If you have a VM and you play EQ chances are it was with the thought of boxing on a truebox.

I have 2 accounts. One was suspended for (I assume) VM software. Something I had on the PC since I built it a few months ago. I have two desktops running on 3 monitors and a laptop on my desk. I'm someone that does not need a VM to box. And if I used a VM to box then why isn't this account suspended (spoiler: its not cuz this account runs on the laptop). I'm sure they got some people who deserved it. But its sounding like they got a lot of people just for having a VM whether they used it or not.
  14. Bardy McFly Augur

Maybe they took the login servers down to remove the bad flagging of accounts lol. These threads are popping up all over the place now. Seems like a large number of people inadvertently got the whack.
  15. That0neguy Augur

I don't buy it. Enjoy your ban. They don't just carelessly ban people like this.
    Nolrog likes this.
  16. Ansel New Member

At least no one important got banned
  17. Pappasalt Augur

What's great about you is that I remember you from a very long time ago...and you're still here trolling.
  18. That0neguy Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...utomated-bot-level-teams.259684/#post-3823566

The irony and sweet sweet justice.
    menown and Delphwind like this.
  19. Pappasalt Augur

If you could actually read before frothing at the mouth to post lol.

20. That0neguy Augur

Sure, I got ya pal. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.