Any zones that were partially developed, but scrapped?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bortage, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Numiko Augur

in the very back of old Neriak 3 was a firepot that if you clicked on it said you were not holding the key, if you went into wolf form you could poke your head through the wall and see a set of stairs leading down to .. nothing ..
    In beta there was talk of a Neriak 4 zone that never made it into the game.

Also Luclins tower in Luclin never made it in, its even on the box cover art! .. it was meant to be the actual "end game" and rumor was the unusable Sword of Truth from Seru was original meant to be used to create a bane weapon to damage her.
  2. Rayzen Elder

How about the Door, in the Bazaar, that go's nowhere?
  3. Natal Augur

Mostly those fake zone lines were not for scrapped content, they were placeholders for future content that might be added as content updates or expansions. It was easier to do that than have to rework the map if additional zones were added later. There were a lot of them in old zones, but these days they don't do that any more.
  4. Natal Augur

Luclin did have and still does have two factions, one for each city. I don't think it had anything to do with raiding though.
  5. Alekzandre Augur

I remember hearing about that at the time. We triggered the Ring Event in AC, the mobs were progressively more difficult. I think they were timed and increased in number as you went if my memory serves me correctly. We died fairly quickly into it IIRC.

https://eqatlas.ca/images/acryliacaverns.jpg

The event I am referring to is where #2 "Ring of Fire" is on the above map. It was removed.
  6. code-zero Augur

IIRC there is a cave in Stonebrunt Mountains that sort of dead ends and appears to lead somewhere
  7. Tevik Augur

Right, under the kitty city. That one always bugged me. I thought it would get utilized when Underfoot came around, like the door in the Hole, but alas, here it sits abandoned.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. bortage spammin lifetaps

Did that Miragul house (I think it was Miragul) in the caves in Everfrost ever get used for anything other than a task update for Epic Request?