Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tierdal, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Zippie Journeyman

See, but here's the thing. You can get the exact same thing if you just pay the money to create a heroic character on any LIVE server, and if you choose the right Live server, you will have a much more healthy population than Miragul has right now. So, why go to Miragul?

I've created characters on the Firiona Vie server, and not only have people been nice to me and answered my questions, but I've actually had people send me pieces to my epics before because the items were not no-trade, and were just collecting dust in their bank. Plus, if I don't want or have the time to dedicate to raiding later on, I can sell a krono, and just buy any needed raid gear upgrades to be an effective soloer/moloer later on when the content demands it.

I just don't see a reason to play on the Miragul server. Maybe it's right for some people, but not for me.
    Jontrann likes this.
  2. Jontrann Augur

You're 100% right but you gotta remember that the people who rolled on Miragul is the "Fresh" crowd who have no friends to play with and roll up on every new tlp just to find new people to play with. They don't give a as to what expansion it launches in or what the rulesets are they just want "MEH FRESH SERVER" even if it only lasts for a month and daybreak knows this as they keep abusing those players with new fresh servers every 6 months.
  3. Machen New Member

If that were true, Miragul would have the same high pop as every other fresh TLP has had. It is not even close.
  4. Jontrann Augur

You're assuming the "fresh" crowd is the majority and its not. The majority of TLPers are people who enjoy early eq which is why miragul didn't attract more players.
  5. Xeris Augur

You only get 1 heroic character... on Miragul I can have infinite numbers of them... also, I don't really care about server population because the only reason I'm playing is to just mess around on my own ;p
  6. Zippie Journeyman

Then it is perfect for you.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Miragul was aimed at "not the current TLP crowd" it's purpose was to test the waters & see what kind of audience it could attract - turns out there is one though it's a considerably smaller crowd that the regular TLP demographic.

As an experiment I think it could be said to have had some success, not as much as was hoped for is probably a fair description, had there been better marketing it might have done better but it may not have, a lot of what ifs.

I think a "modern" fresh start like Miragul would have fared much better had it been on the back of a character model & user interface overhaul along with some marketing investment.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. ntellect Augur

It is not the same at all. Creating a heroic on FV you will still be playing alone or looking for groups. I have 3 on that server. Max level FV players are not playing in HoT and it is completely empty save a box or two.

EVERYBODY is 85 on Miragul. There is no one higher than you. You dont have to set LFG just go to any HoT zone and there will be multiple groups.

What sets this server apart is the lack of waiting. I log in. And I have several groups to choose from. Aug hunting. Progression. What have you. Most groups will drop there mercs to let you in. Moat groups are very understanding that you are still learning your class.

Heroic on FV you will be worrying about leveling and playing catch up unless you enjoy playing alone for the most part. Heroic on Miragul you will be focused on playing the game and you get levels as a side benefit.

Grouping my entire 3 hour play sessions is infinitely more fun than playing molo and grouping just part of my play session.
    Yinla and code-zero like this.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Why is leveling such an important thing to you? Honest question.
  10. Machen New Member

It's a pretty significant part of the game, in almost every era. Completely eliminating it would make the game less than it is currently, imo.

Just to support this, it's worth noting that virtually none of the expansions that lack level gains are considered great expansions. TBS is the closest, probably, but I'd take TSS or SoF over TBS any day, as well as DODH and SoD.
    Skuz likes this.