Remember all those threads asking for skipping progression and removing AOC's?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Nov 7, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

That type of player definitely exists, although its the minority. But more importantly, that tour of player is almost certainly not playing on a low pop, level 85 freebie heroic start server either.
  2. Alekzandre Augur

That is what I suspected. they will get over it.
  3. Bowdeen Elder

Pretty sure you managed to answer your own question on why people want truebox removed. It's a functionality that's been there since the beginning of the game.

You can't sit here and cry to keep truebox while advocating to remove AoC's and use the "der it's classic der" mentality.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The thing that bothers me is that they will probably learn the wrong things from this experience: Instead of realizing that TrueBox and lack of AoC/instancing is the real culprit, they will probably just assume that nobody wants to play on anything but Classic-era TLP.
    Ashian and Machen like this.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Actually no. You could not start 2 clients of EQ on the same PC without using a 3rd party app.
  6. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Just because its the old way does not mean its the right way. If it was the right way SOE and now Daybreak would never have changed it. EQ had no FAQ to work off, no Document Outline of "MMO should be this". They made it up as they went, sometimes it was good, sometimes it was terrible. Terrible gets fixed over time. AoC's fixed those early mistakes or instances where technology at the time did not exist.
  7. Chuuk Augur

Negative, Ghostrider.

First - I don't believe you're going to be able to steamroll all AoC raid mobs solo with heroic characters. I vaguely remember (years ago) making a Heroic SK (when they were free) and having a not-insignificant amount of difficulty taking down Velketor solo...so I would imagine AoW or Vulak or AHR would be quite difficult. I could be wrong though.

Second - I require my druid for porting and my bard for running. No others will do.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Dynian New Member

By HoT expansion? Yes you could. I ran 9 just alt tab, no other help, on two computers and kvm.