Guild History, what's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by The real Sandaormo, Nov 9, 2019.

1. The real Sandaormo Augur

I was thinking the other day how many guilds I had been in and how I moved around and why?

Quellious Server:
    Sentinels of Life - level 45ish, My first guild that actually raided - though were a few expansions behind. Got to max level and wanted to raid new stuff.
    Explicit - this was my first real taste of current raiding, also where I realized I could play EQ a little.
    Vis Maior - merged with Explicit - raided through Anguish - About a year later there was some turmoil, there was a new guild leader and things weren't going well.

Luclin Server:
    Cestus Dei: I moved to Luclin and to CD when they were #1 serverwide, moved with a bunch of friends and was having great fun, not 6 months after joining retirements and people moving to other servers started happening, we were on a rebuild treadmill for what seemed like forever, the truth is I never thought I would leave but I sorta hit a wall with TBL coming out and another batch of people leaving meant more rebuilding, i had to go
    ( I hope people I knew and played with in CD know I tried my hardest to make it work)

Township Rebellion - current guild - When I got to TR they made it so easy to fit in and never made me feel like an "app". I want to say I fit right in with my stupid humor and my gameplay but that's for them to say lol - I am having fun again, which for along time wasn't the case. Looking at some of the new events in Beta I am looking forward to playing even more

Long, stupid, personal but in the mood. Not sure I have typed this much on here before lol

/cheers
    lumdaen, adetia and Zaray like this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I am originally from <Seeds of Legends> on Torvonillous->Fennin Ro->Cazic, but after taking a break from HoT most of CoTF, I came back, and no one from my original guild was ever on. None of the people from my friends list were ever on except the old leaders of Prophets of the Mist, and Circle of Prophets. It was disheartening to see guild names I knew, Like Darkstar Alliance, Immortals Rising, and very rarely Blades of Wrath, but never see a friend.

So, I decided to check out other servers, I made a shaman on Luclin, and after soloing for a couple of months to get back into playing, I joined Black Dragon Legion, the largest family guild on the server. I server transferred Ely to Luclin, and slowly got back into playing a bard because, woof that is not something to jump into blindly, my reflexes were all off, with Selos I was running into stuff all the time.

After a couple of years in BDL, I started guest raiding with Infinite Elysium, and eventually joined them. But lack of grouping opportunities (I don't box, so I rely on groups) made me move on to Inverse Logic. but again, lack of grouping forced me to move on. By then I had been talking with Maedhros here on the EQ forums for nearly a year, (not knowing he was the GL for RoTE at first) but his name looked like an old friend on Cazic- Mahedros- so I struck up a converstation. I decided it was time to move home to Cazic. One of my original guildees was in his guild, and I apped.

I got lucky in RoTE, and have joined a fabulous fellowship, groups are never a problem anymore.

Everyone who knows me, knows I'm a huge chatterbox, so if this is TLDR.. that's ok too.
  3. Lisard Silly

4. Shanarias Augur

My first Guild was Wolves of Xev, back in the day, and I rolled a Cleric and didn't do it very well. I had no alts at the time, and I was totally scrounging +WIS gear constantly, but I had a really good reputation as a Cleric. I only went on a couple of raids, then, in real life, my spouse got very expensively ill, and I had to leave the game. Imagine my surprise when I found out I could play for free.

I came back about a year and a half ago, and found no more Xev, and none of my old friends. But I still play. I am in a HUGE family guild on Xegony now, and it is cool. Just not the same as those days. :)
    pendarr and SmellyFinger like this.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Povar
    Clan of the Burning Dog
    Riding Insanity
    Wanderers of the Stoic

Xev
    Altera Vita
    Another euro guild I can't remember
    Another guild Obsidian something, can't remember

Sleeper/Combine
    Dead Halfling Society

Vulak
    Dead Halfling Society
    The Adversary

Test
    Dead Halfling Society
    Legions of Blackburrow
    Primal Brood

Lockjaw/Ragefire
    Dead Halfling Society
  6. Bigstomp Augur

(approx 2 guilds I don't remember the exact names of)
    Valor in Unity (group guild on quellious/eventually povar)
    Conviction (wife convinced me to try raiding for real not just casual)
    Fu World Order (conviction was folding, went with some friends)
    Ring of Valor (same server, RoV was a better fit at the time for me).

Still with RoV since I think early 2012.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  7. Jadenpain Scholar

you sir are correct last bigstomp raid with fu was
    Fu World Order: Bigstomp
    Earned: 1375.00 Spent: 0.00 Adjustment: 0.00 Current: 1375.00
    Last 30 Days: 0% of raids Last 60 Days: 0% of raids Last 90 Days: 0% of raids Lifetime (09/30/10 - 01/01/12): 94% of raids

Raid Attendance History
    DateNameNoteEarnedCurrent
    01/01/12 Rubak Oseka 6 Time and Tides 4th Attempt 1.00 1375.00

btw not to show ill will just to show how good a memory he has.
    big and i arn't guilded but we are still buddies~
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

I will do raiding guilds.

Tjark Diym - Dark Elf Cleric
    Innoruuk Server

Lords of Edelo - joined in 99, killed Naggy/Vox

Legions of Darkness - Kunark through PoP, until I quit playing. Where I really gained my passion for raiding, made a lot of friends some I still talk to almost 20 years later.

I came back in 2013 with release of COTF, because EQ sent me an email and was like hey want to come back? Made an enchanter, because I never played one before.

Verily - Gnome Enchanter
    Vox server 2013-2014

Indubious merged into Cerberus, until it folded.
    Pain and Glory, until letadership left for WoW.

Verilyx - added the x on transfer
    Bristlebane

Fu World Order - joined Jan 2015
    Luckily, they needed my friends way more than me, and they took me as part of the package deal. Almost 5 years later, still raiding. Really awesome group of people. JP and officers do a great job. Love it!
    Jennre and Bigstomp like this.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

Man Vis was good times... then the fold and Sand and Kagean ran off on me :(, always good running into you Sand whenever the time allows tho sir.!
  10. Hayzeus Augur

I started way back on Xev.

I know this list has some gaps as there were one or two guilds I was in briefly.. or too close to one of my multiple retirements to remember the names...

Nomadic Circle was my very first guild. Ascended to officership, but the guild splintered when the guild leader started slowly withdrawing from game and retiring (Osoe?? or some spelling similar to that)

Eulogy of Destruction came from the ashes of Nomadic Circle I think... damn it's been a long time, and I feel like maybe there was another guild in there somewhere. EoD was involved in one of the more public Ragefire fiascos that ended with the GMs purposefully spawning 5x Ragefires back to back to back in order to settle the dispute.

From EoD I moved on to a guild whose name I do not remember... the leader was a cleric that went by the name of Wanisa, and I was recruited by a warrior named Rinquist. Oddly, I don't quite recall if this guild came before or after EoD... For some reason, I actually think that it came before EoD, and that would mean that EoD was formed by those of us disappointed with the direction of this guild (and not the disintegration of Nomadic Circle)... even while we were all close friends with multiple guild members like Rinquist and Wanisa... This was waaaaay back in 2001/2002, so the details are sketchy in my mind nowadays.

Rinquist had the most hilarious stick figure EQ-based drawings that I'd ever seen. He would post them on the Xev Server Forum boards (which were equally hilarious forums).

One day I paid him 100kpp (back then a fair sum of money) to keep posting the stick figure drawings, but he lapsed on them... The next few drawings were focused on the evil necro Hayzeus and his henchmen strong arming Rinquist to draw more. All in all I think I got my plat's worth. I sorely wish someone had archived all those drawings.

The guild I'm in now (Relevance) was originally created by a couple of friends just as a placeholder to have access to guild stuff. It exists now as the same placeholder, but it's less of a guild.. and more of a placeholder. Currently only two humans really access any portion of it even though it shows a membership of up to 40 toons (alts all).

Of all the guilds, the one I identify most with was Eulogy of Destruction. That was the heyday of my travels, and it's the guild I'm most nostalgic for. I think the guildtags still exist on a few accounts. Ganis Evacalot has a guilded toon, but for all I know it was purged long ago... *shrug*...

People I remember fondly from EoD. We all did many of our epics together, and it was a wonderful group of people to be guilded with.

Millain
    Vilae
    Taladora
    Kaifeng
    Xaiohu
    Typhoid / Splint
    Bartog
    Gyheim
    Thraedin (who got me into EQ was back in '99)
    Pliskin / Zekson
    Tressemy / Gaidynne
    Havrix
    Ganis / Lauthander

Countless others
    Mahlhavoc likes this.
  11. Karhar Dream Crusher

I verily agree~
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Beta Server 8/1998 -<Test Guild>
    Live Test Server - <Wulfe Pack>, <Consortium>, <Primal Brood>
    Mithaniel Marr - <Afterlife> til GoD
    Nameless - <Legacy of Steel>
    Drinal - <Assent>
    Test Server - <Coyote Moon> Guildleader
    Drinal - <Triality>
    Test Server - <Primal Brood>
  13. Buri Augur

Xev: Defenders of Mithril Hall, split off to form:
    Xev: Fists of Justice, merged with:
    Druzzil Ro: In Via Damnum, merged with:
    Xegony: Alliance of Hope. probably going to merge again soon.
  14. Funky Augur

bertox - Omani, Dragon Council, Travelers of Norrath, Heaven and Earth, The War Council, Prophecy, and Phantom Raiders, Eternal Sovereign (just guilds i can remember being in LONG time ago)

Legacy of Steel (dont remember what server that was on)

saryrn - can't remember the name of guilds there

stormhammer - oh i miss this server (gms/guides galore and no clue what the guilds were back then)

xegony - Machin Shin from SoD - Underfoot beta (retired), Machin Shin EoK to current
  15. Tobynn Augur

Vallon Zek:
    2002 Iron Tower -- first guild evah
    2004 Zephyros -- IT folded, so I joined Zephyros

2005 merged Zek:
    was never guilded on this abomination of a server

Transfererd to pre-merge, Solusek Ro:
    2005 Lords of Prophecy -- raid guild, I knew a guy IRL so I landed here
    Elven Society -- LoP was not a good fit for me, spent some time in this casual guild

post-merge, now Bristlebane:
    2005 Voices of Chaos -- jonesin' to raid again, joined the druid army of VoC
    2006 Club Fu -- was with Fu until Pouty retired and took his guild name with him
    2010 Fu World Order -- founding member of FWO
    current, Ring of Valor -- home

17 years of raiding later, and still throwing my corpses at current raid content.
    Jennre likes this.
  16. Yimin Augur

In no order

Morel Thule Thunder walkers
    Erollisi Marr Real Faith,Ne Cede Malice
    Drinal Crimson Tempest
    Xegony Machin Shin
    Tallon Zek Gnome Mafia
    Bristlebane ROV, Reckless Ascension, Circle of legends .
    PoVar Triton
    Brekt Mors Tenebras
    Firiona Vie Valhallah
    Luclin Cestus Dei

I never spoke in any guild chat , I made no friends , but I always did my best for any of the guilds I was in to move forward !

YiMin
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I started in Riders of the Storm on Tarew Marr early 99. I spent a few weeks in another guild I cannot remember.
    Dec 99 I started the guild Lions of the Heart and have been leading through a server split to Xev then mergers to what is now Xegony with no play breaks.
  18. Kolani Augur

On Firiona it's been Order of Celestial Dragons > Kelethin Legions > Symphony of Arms > Kelethin Legions > Canto.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  19. Dragari Journeyman

Fun to think back of my guilds over the years, brings back good memories.
    Mainly Luclin, but with a couple on Phinigel from recent times!
    Luclin:
    Acolytes of Awg. My first guild, just a group of gnomes mainly - good people!
    Alliance of the Planes. Stayed here a while, my first raids of any sort. Made some friends I stayed in touch with for a long time.
    Glorius Rising. Maybe one of the most fun experience I had IN EQ, great bunch of people and many fond memories. It was a sad day when the guild decided to disband.
    Endorean. At the time they were one of the leading guilds on Luclin, and it was fun for a while to do more hardcore cutting edge raiding in PoP era mainly.
    Code of Silence. Coming back after a break many of my friends had gone from Endo, so I went to code of silence, which had been formed by ex GR members.
    Heroes Code I seem to remember died around the time of EQ2, so I went and joined Heroes where I had known people for a long time.Heroes was another great guild and I was an active member for a long time, still friends with many people from that era.
    Infinite Elysium Eventually Heroes could no longer get a good enough raid force to progress, and so we explored a merge with IE, which after a period of joint raiding went ahead. I made more effort to raid with IE as ranger and often box cleric, and we made decent progress, but again over time lost people and numbers and were stuck going nowhere. This led to another merge. this time with IL.
    Inverse logic I went across with the merge, but it soon became apparent the time & style of raiding was not working for me, so especially with the terrible expansion for me that was TBL I have become inactive there, although last time I checked I had at least not be thrown out of the guild :) I hope the next expansion has some good group stuff I can do at least, and maybe I will be drawn back to playing on Luclin a bit more than I do right now!

Phinigel:
    I was of course never going to start again, but a friend persuaded me to join them on Phinigel, and so I did! Just a couple of guilds here.
    Caer Cadarns After many years as a GMT player in US guilds on Luclin I finally joined a euro guild! Also meant I could raid on both servers as the time did not clash! fun times, but we went from waitlists in PoP era to far too few to raid anything. We tried an alliance with DWX for an expansion or two, but after that failed the best we could manage was a couple of groups for OMM raids, and an attempt to host some join raids with RG3 and a US guild on saturday afternoons. Fun but it did not last, and so those of us lmoved on to
    Rosengard III My current guild on Phinny, and we seem in a decent position right now as the only EU raiding guild there. We are progressing through the expansions as they come along, and its where I have spent most of my time lately as I need levels and AA there still - Luclin I have nothing of interest to do! Hopefully we will keep going along nicely and eventually catch up with live as a group!

That's my history, was fun to sit here a few minutes and think back on it all :)

Dragari
  20. Zanarnar Augur

MMM Lets see

BETA - <Test Guild>
    Xegony (Classic->Velious) - <Convocation of Chaos>
    (Unguilded leveling a new BST most of luclin)
    Xegony (PoP->OOW) - <Illuminati Sancti>
    The Rathe (RoF->CoTF) - <Callidus>
    Phinigel - <Sad Dragons>

... to be continued (probably)