Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tierdal, Nov 7, 2019.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

But how many of those online are actual people? Like you seem to be under the impression a 24/7 online bot is gonna effect the online server population as much as someone who plays 4 hours a day. The reality is that bot is gonna count for 6 times as much in avg. server population, but for the actually server population it will count for the same and is gonna count for nothing when it comes to potential people for other to group with.

I logged onto Miragul and did a who all LFG 8 people between 86-89
    logged onto Bert and did a who all lfg literally 0 people.
  2. Machen New Member

Shocking that people aren't using the LFG tool 11 months into the current expansion.

On the other hand, 8 people LFG two days into a brand new TLP is horrifically bad compared to any other TLP at that point.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Shocking that you consider servers that haven't completed current era raids 11 months into the current expansion as anything other then completely dead.
  4. ntellect Augur

Stop listening to people on this forum who tend to talk more than actually play on the server. No what you are expecting from a server and you can find a match.

I've been on Miragul since launch and have had the most pleasant experience. There are a few guilds a new one started recruiting yeaterday. There are always people to geoup with.

If you want to get to live content with actual other players I'd recommend this server. If you dont care to solo, molo, power level 1-85 or 90. Go to FV. And there are seven or so classic TLPs if you are into that.

In terms of population infopics, at the end of the day it doesnt matter if you are grouping and enjoying your time when you log in. Meaning the server being low doesnt take away from the experience it offers. But it will only be rewarding if that's the experience you want.
    code-zero, Bardy McFly and Meridian like this.
  5. Bankheadz New Member

6. Zalamyr Augur

It seems to be doing good for what it is. So far pop feels like many of the lower pop live servers. Comparing it to TLPs that start at classic isn't a realistic comparison, as obviously it isn't going to garner as much interest as that. Comparing it to the population any other TLP would have at this point in its progression and it's doing great.

It fills a niche, we'll see how it goes.
  7. Vindar Augur

364 in general chat right now, that's far from DOA. A lot of new guilds popping up and recruiting right now.
  8. Trex Journeyman

I think the server is going to amazing for some people but the lack of guilds kinda ruined it for me. With a lower population you only have a few selection of guilds so hard to find one for every timezone. There is a PST one starting up but its just outside of my hours and the EST guild would mean i have to show two hours late. Hard to get motivated to play knowing that my only two options for guilds arent workable for raids. Hopefully population picks up so allow more of a choice.
  9. Riggles Journeyman

So there are only 20% as many people on the entire server as Bloody Rapiers have in their guild? :eek:

But seriously, this server was DOA once it was announced it was Truebox. It was bad enough they started as late as HoT. If DBG releases a TLP with no Truebox and starts in PoP, or even Luclin, possibly even a couple of expacs later, it will thrive.
  10. Vindar Augur

Not a huge population, but it's not DoA. Right now the only TLP server thriving is Mangler. I think the only truly dead server is Fippy. Even Lockjaw still has 2 active guilds going.

If they are going to release another TLP, it should definitely be a unique ruleset. No more classic TLP's
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Vicus Augur

Dropping new servers is not the answer. Everyone is hanging out in the box because it's safe. Adding a new "A" only takes away from "B-Z". Need to find a way to add 1-9 to the already existing A-Z.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. ntellect Augur

Wha? People STILL complaining about this server? Ok. I seem to be able to log on every night, find groups and share camps without even thinking. I make meaningful progress and have fun each time. If that's DoA I'm perfectly fine.
    code-zero and Vindar like this.
  13. code-zero Augur

If complaints are to be believed Mangler is probably a low population server if you discount the boxers and bots. :cool:

If you are looking for a True Box server where almost every character is being played by a single player then Miragul is your server.
  14. Jontrann Augur

Its legit DoA, 400 max on a weekend at prime time. Pop will continue to dwindle too as seen with the few streamers who have already left miragul.
    Icaen likes this.
  15. ntellect Augur

Really? How many max numbers of players dictate that a server is OK? Do you play with every single user that's on the server when you play?

This is a new server. The level range is small and we all start out in the same few zones. So we dont need 1000 of players for the server to feel populated. Like I keep telling you, you will have more problems finding an open camp than spending time looking for a group. Hell I dont even have to use LFG. I go to the grounds and tun to each camp asking if they have room. All of then dropped merc and added me. That experience of not waiting makes this server of EQ more fun than any other I've played on.

You also get more value for grinding mobs. The questing is better than in classic and In enjoying the progression.

This server will gain traction as it goes on as people start to realize you have constant groups for like 9 months. This removes the rush to max level experienced on every single TLP since ragefire

So please stop talking if you dont actually play on the server.
    Vindar, Oakenblade and code-zero like this.
  16. Xeris Augur

Here's what I like about Miragul:

- your char starts with gear, so you can jump straight into doing things ASAP

- levels and as so you don't have to waste time grinding

- the people have been REALLY nice so far, everyone who's there seems to just enjoy the game. I've had really helpful people, there are always folks at DE mask and everyone I've encountered has respected the order and been nice about it

- people have been helpful in answering questions

What I don't like:

- no aoc. I want to do old content but most bosses I've tried to find have been down
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You interested in buying some land in the Florida swamps? :rolleyes:
    Jontrann likes this.
  18. yerm Augur

There's an amazingly large amount of people I've heard, in various places, that want to just plaster the daylights out of old content and that's it. The lack of AOC here kills them.

I think they're all whackjobs and it's a really strange fetish but hey, if I were daybreak, I'd slap in AOCs and let people pay me.
  19. code-zero Augur

There are a lot of people who are incensed that there are people not having fun the right way.

I think the biggest mistake that DBG has made in a very long time was backing down on Mangler having brutally harsh death penalties and the lowest imaginable XP rate. All the people who wanted just another cookie cutter true box server now feel entitled to judge the rest of the player base instead of staying on Phinny or Coirnav and being happy there
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TLP servers generally only decrease in server population sizes after launch, that decrease in population since Phinigel seems to have become increasingly rapid.

Perhaps the same people are starting on new TLP in the hope that it will be the one they stick with or that most stick with so that the population stays viable, so far that's been a "not really" the earliest TLP ended up as one guild remaining, and the others are repeating that though Phinny so far has arguably lasted the longest with more than 1 guild on it by the RoF stage of the game.

I think Daybreak need to think harder on how to retain players or win them back at weak points in the game's history.

I'd suggest DBG really need to look at a slightly more retention-centric approach to TLP server lifespans, starting a new server might reap something as the players who move there buy Krono or mounts from the store etc. but I think they are seeing a drop-off in uptake on new TLP, Miragul was experimental & probably for that very reason but the rule set isn't going to make or break a server - I personally think the ease with which you can take time off but catch up later will be the key to retention.

Here's how I would change the current Live & TLP offering

Add AoC to all servers (live included) - Great feature and adds value to the game for everyone who uses them.

Merge DoDH with PoR when unlocking that level 70 content on TLP - the length of the era from Omens to PoR is a huge drag & PoR has simply aged badly to the point it really doesn't justify it's own time-window any longer & offers so little to character development it simply grates.

Make a 51/50 character available - template from the Quarm event server, make it cheap if you are gonna charge for it, like 5 bucks, available to TLP when PoP unlocks on TLP.

Make a 70/Autogrant to 70 character available, defiant geared, if you charge for it make it fairly affordable like 10 bucks, available to TLP when TSS unlocks.

Make Heroic 85 Characters available, suggest lower price to 15 bucks, available to TLP when HoT unlocks.

Make 100 Hero Characters available, charge 20 bucks, available to TLP once TDS unlocks.

what does all this do?

Enables at various stages of a TLP life for players who left it for whatever reason to give serious consideration to returning back to a server they enjoyed at a very reasonable price if charging or possibly even free, I mean they need a sub anyway for TLP servers so there's that. And this means the "gap" involved in catching up at various stages is made vastly less of a hurdle.

Many players just find it so demotivating to try to come back to a server that has moved on as fast as the TLP do, and there are definite points in the game where continuing to play can be really tedious or life just gets in the way, then there's a barrier created by the way EQ is so dependent on vertical progression of a character due to level increases.

Is Miragul DoA - nah but I think it will decrease in population faster than any prior TLP given the start it has had, I think it will go on to be the "test a Heroic Character out before you buy one on the server you actually play on" server though
    Kurway likes this.