Remember all those threads asking for skipping progression and removing AOC's?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Nov 7, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

2. Delphwind Augur

Actually I was asking for something just like this, just never made a thread about it.

There is a healthy population of people here on Miragul, and honestly one of the nicest communities I have been in. I was soloing in HoT and a named killed me, I come back a few minutes later and some random dude hands me the fragment, and the loot from the mob that killed me.

There are also new guilds popping up and getting ready for progression. Its going to be a really fun couple months!
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Original image was broke?

[IMG]
  4. Scruff Elder

where's selos on the list lmao
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Off the charts!
  6. Iyacc Augur

Selo will probably be lower pop than normal for a while because we just got an expansion that is apparently super unpopular. There's no levels or AA so once people work the missions they need for progression and spells, they don't have to log in except for raids.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

How did you get it to sort like that? When I sort by the Population column to match your image, it always sorts it alphabetically, which ensures that the "Medium" and "High" population servers are never next to each other (they are always separated by "Low").
  8. Machen New Member

The bad news is, people who leave during those expansions generally don't come back. Maybe it will be different on selos since you are in them for such a short time.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

#mergePoRandliterallyanyotherexpansion
    Boze likes this.
  10. Sorrows New Member

Selo would be pretty much perfect if they removed Truebox nonsense.

Trying to box in DoDH to complete keying tasks was zero fun so I stopped playing. Might be worth checking back in to see if the server is still running once the level 85+ expansions drop.

I should be able to run 3 accounts from 1 pc and alt+tab between them.
    Gherig and Zippie like this.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Why? Because you feel entitled like it is your god given right?
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

He could just be going down the rank order list of things the people asked for, and "removing truebox" was higher than "removing AOC's".
  13. SunDrake Augur

Perhaps, but also just perhaps because that's a pretty standard way to play actual EQ in that era. Even in 2006 people were boxing that content, on a wide scale. This True Box TLP bullsh!t breaks down entirely upon post-PoP eras, its just painfully obvious.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's very true in my experience so far. And then you can't take mercs into instances which just burns a little as well.

On Miragul last night, just for kicks I logged in and Dain was dead and even Velketor was. What's the point in getting rid of the AOC's on a TLP? There's not much reason to play on Miragol instead of just going to live where, at least, you can have a decent population.

What a bizarre server that absolutely nobody asked for.
    Jontrann and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  15. Xeris Augur

Yea, no aoc is the only real issue for me. Every old content mob seems to be dead. Who the hell is timing Grummus respawns? Someone ... Clearly!
  16. Chuuk Augur

I personally just did HoT thru EoK progression with a friend on FV, so Miragul is hella boring.

Drop truebox and give us AoCs so I can steamroll older content!
    Pinky swear I'll resub 3 accounts.
  17. Machen New Member

You don't need 3 accounts to steamroll any aoc content, should they actually grant it.
  18. Alekzandre Augur

Why do a few people want AoC's removed? I just don't see how it effects anyones gameplay, in fact I can see how it would help some peoples gameplay. Just wondering.
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Because certain individuals get a disturbing joy out of having 72 people get all the Bat Phone content and locking 4000+ others out of the fun for months on end.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Just like original EQ was. I don't see a problem here.