Hows miragul doing? Worth rolling or DOA?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tierdal, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Tierdal Augur

Did the server do well? is it high pop and doing well? Looking to reroll maybe
  2. Machen New Member

If by high pop, you mean obvjectively, based on DBG's population meter, no. It's low pop.

If you mean in the minds of its fans, yes, it's the most popular server ever.
    Xanathol and Rajaah like this.
  3. Lakeshow New Member

Have you played on it? I'm having fun on it, but have yet to see a single person pretend like they think its high pop, why even add that?
    Edit: To answer the question, not the most populated, but if you wish to play HoT content with higher chance of grouping with real people, it may be worth a shot.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Quite frankly, it's a weak server ruleset to start with, but as it matures and it taps into people wanting purely Live experience then it should be ok there. But as a progression server? It's a terrible idea.
  5. Machen New Member

Did you read the other thread? People have been arguing that it's great pop, that the 200 people in general chat isn't an accurate reflection, it feels like way more than that so it must be.
  6. Lakeshow New Member

I'm talking about my experience on the server, not random people on the forums. But i definately believe people are makin stuff up on forums to try to promote the server as being better than it may be. I do genuinely worry about longevity, but haven't played HoT in around 9 years so i am enjoying it.
  7. Machen New Member

Some of those comments are from general chat on Miragul today. I've been in it most of the time since it launched.
  8. Machen New Member

No one wants a live truebox experience.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

Been playing Selo, logged into miragul just to check out pop, but also, cleared a room with nameds a few times and got no nameds (selo has rare spawn bonus). Noped out fast.

When it's time to replace Selo, can't speak for others but for me, to come back again, it's going to need to have all that Selo had (fast XP, rare bonus ) and more, namely open trade loot. I also like the idea of a heroic server but HoT is too far in as a start....maybe a TSS start with level 75 heroics designed specifically for that server.
    Bardy McFly and Icaen like this.
  10. Ootax Augur

Wouldn't make sense to have level 75 heroics for an expansion that starts at level 75. No one would even have to level. Could do level 70 but that would require resources to code/create which they aren't going to do. Could use the 51/50 characters and enable auto grant AA though and maybe have faster xp and open at TSS which wouldn't be a bad thing to try imo.

This was never going to be a high pop server, medium at best but they didn't do the server any favors by announcing the rules so late/close to launch and not really even using social media and email blasts to promote the server. Since they never really even attempted to get the word out about it, it was fighting an uphill battle population wise. Whoever was in charge of this really dropped the ball. And I'm not even referring to the truebox vs no truebox and aoc debate, just the social media and emial marketing of the server was horrible. Past TLPs they at least tried to get some hype about them before hand but this they did the bare minimum.
  11. Hateseeker Augur

I'm just thinking of a selo replacement, if it's not heroic at all that's fine, just starting at TSS will autogrant a lot. Bit of a late start to start at level 1 and no gear but better that than an earlier start
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So what you're saying is Miragul is the second most popular server near live level cap only behind FV?
  13. Delphwind Augur

Tons of groups doing the group tiers 1 through 4 right now. I see lots of groups in both HoT and Grounds, its very active!
  14. Machen New Member

Nope, not even close, and you can quit with your propaganda for p99. Miragul is behind FV, Bertox, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Mangler to name a few, and those were only the ones I bothered to check.
  15. Dawdle Augur

This server isn't doing so well and that's a bad sign for a launch. I said you guys should move these threads to the Vet part of the forums because I was concerned with the kind of posts I was seeing.

The xp rates on this server seem off but I never played HoT in era. I could be wrong and without the higher level zone I normally go to where I kill red cons to level toons on Live I got no idea if DB messed up the rates or not.

I was watching the Holly interview and I thought we'd be getting a new Live server. I mean that made sense to me that perhaps Live players and return Vets might want to play this server. It was pointed out though that it was a TLP server and the new Live server was for EQ2.

Well Holly also said they have these two crowds playing EQ now; the TLP and Live players were in effect the same but yet very different. No joke. It's like they made a server for one of these groups with the rules the other group wanted and I don't see this thing getting past TDS.

True box on a Live server won't work and even if it did at this point what would it matter if a few boxers played on a dead server? We really worried about armies of Box mages? The RMTers didn't even roll here because there no market so I don't think removing true box would of hurt.

Not having AoC on a paid server doesn't help either. Whats it matter if people wanted to waste their time doing old content? It's worthless to me but it might of been a selling point for some people from Live that are wanting AoC. DB could of said "hay you want AoC? then sub and go to this server.

Only time zone where there's even a chance of finding a group is during US prime time. So I expect that this will drive away a lot of the players that would of potently rolled here that don't live in this time zone or that work off hours.

These Heroic characters are great if you know what you're doing. Hell I have UI's from Live I was able to use and then I just sorted everything out from there based off what was available in era but for people that don't know or returning players this is a disaster. This has been mentioned a number of times over the years in the Vet forums. The UI and the template for starting Heroic characters is a mess. DB didn't cause this issue but they really should do something about it because in it's current state it drives people away. The starting UI for any character is horrible but for Heroics this is an even bigger problem. Whats it take to set up spells and hotkeys in a meaningful way for people? Heroics really need at least 3 different hotbutton sets. Putting some love into this would really go a long way.

Not sure what else to say. I like the server but I am nutz. I loved the idea of this server but I won't put anything into it for the long run. I did use all my LP on getting drums, masks, and bags of plat but I don't have anything to spend them on anyway. If you didn't have LP to get Bag of Plat then you were screwed because it's going to take forever to farm plat here. Spells cost plat, mercs cost plat, the game at this point was balanced around a certain amount of plat being in game and because of that plat sinks were put into the game but for people without LP this is much harder to start on. There was a reason that they started Heroics out with 15k just to help people get started.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Guild has people on all the time, so lots of grouping opportunities. I've been down with flu so not done as much as I would have liked groupwise, been doing tradeskills and a bit of epic stuff, something I can pick up and put down without a risk to anyone else.

Did my first group in Feerrot last night and had a blast, got a bit of progression done, ran into someone who had just started EQ!

Server is quieter than other TLP's at launch but that is nice, means you can get things done!
  17. Kloodge Elder

Yes, the population is on the low side, but you should not have a problem getting groups because everyone can group with everyone. If you want to do HoT progression, it is worth rolling.
  18. ayoforYayoh Augur

Well it isn't Fippy dead by any means. You're definitely not going to get that fresh server launch buzz that you're accustomed to with the others.

My best guess is this server was tailored for "tourist" who have a mild curiosity of what the game was like beyond x expansion. I have 0 faith this particular server will last very long, but there's a 50% chance i'm wrong.
  19. Relentless Insomnia

I think its a riot how they told us we wouldn't get an FV Ruleset TLP, or a rare PVP TLP server unless we showed them it was going to be popular in advance with overwhelming community support for it and by someone all rolling toons on Rallos to show our support.

Then we get Miragul...I think just about any regular on these forums has said at one time or another that this Miragul server wasn't going to be popular. I'm glad they tried to and got this out of their system now though. TLP servers are about the first half of EQ, the second half is definitely geared towards a different audience, and its not the TLP audience.
  20. Xanathol Augur

To be as low pop as it is at launch, the server is definitely DoA. Based on the pop, even turning off truebox and adding AoCs would probably only buy it a couple months. Will be surprised if the server can pay for itself in half a year.