Fixed Internally Hanging when logging out

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Oct 26, 2019.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Same here, Tunare, happens on every character I have on every account. I will pm you this info.
  2. Zippie Journeyman

This happens on all character on all servers they are on (multiple servers) on all accounts we own.
  3. Dahaman Augur

Can you Ctrl-Alt-Del and get the menu to select "Sign Out"?

This will break me out of the black screen faster (assuming it isn't one of the times I can't get that menu).
  4. Numiko Augur

This happens to me all the time as well, 4 accounts, 4 computers all 4 on Phinny but it does not seem server specific, I play casually on several servers and it happens on all of them. Happens on every character I try ....when I try and log back to Server Select and I just get a black screen.
  5. Crokker Lorekeeper

Been happening here recently also.

1-Play in Windowed mode
    2-Use /camp
    3-Load screen appears
    4-Crash text box pops up soon after
    5-Happens 25% of the time roughly when switching over to my vendor toon
    6-Logging back into server the active toon box pops up but immediately but goes away when you request to boot the toon and log in to select screen

Drinal Server.

This happens on my newer comp running i6700k processor and MSI 1070Ti 8g Gaming w/32 gigs RAM.
    This never happens on my OLD comp with a i970 processor and MSI 970 2g with 24 gigs of RAM.
  6. Igorath-Bertox Elder

I'm having the exact same problem. I type either /camp or /camp server and it goes black and hangs or takes me to the old EQ logon screen. When it goes to the old logon hitting the 'X' sometimes works and other times doesn't. When i get the black screen that hangs I used task manager to close it as ther is no 'X'. I've exit via /camp desktop or rarely just /exit and both work.
  7. Toadwater Journeyman

So, I've been playing EQ since 2002, and my main account has 14 years. In all that time, I have played on 6-7 different PCs, and one thing that has consistently happened is that I constantly get a black-screen lock up 90% of the time I try to quit to server select. I currently play on a Digital Storm laptop that's about 4 years old, and an Alienware laptop that's about 2-3 years old.

WTF is going on that keeps me from being able to quit to server select without getting locked up and having to reboot!?!?

8. JChan Developer

This appears to be part of this bug already reported. Merging this into this the main thread.
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Something that also happens when this started happening is when you log in and click the Guild Hall, if it hasn't be preloaded. Or loaded that day, you hang you and never zone, never crash, you just sit there forever frozen. It also happens from time to time when you zone into a almost never used zone and the server has to spin that zone up I assume, you hang there forever in limbo zoning. Its been doing this for more then 2 years now.
  10. JChan Developer

This definitely seems like a different issue. If you haven't already please make a new thread for this.
  11. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

12. Belexes ForumQuester

This is exactly my experience. I run EQ windowed on one PC and full screen on another. It is not an intermittent issue. It happens every single time and has for most of the year.
  13. Belexes ForumQuester

For me, it is every character.
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I tested this today after the patch notes added this. You still black screen hangup going to character screen to server select as of the time of this post. I have to kill the process in Task manager to get out of the game at that point.

This was on Beta Server.
  15. JChan Developer

That Beta release note was specifically about crashes. This thread is about hanging. I've updated the title of this thread to reflect that.
  16. JChan Developer

If it's happening to you every time on every character, will you PM me one of the character names and your server name.
  17. Diptera Augur

I always play in windowed mode, and get this occasionally when using "/camp desktop" - character logs out, window contents go black, and need to click on the X to close it.
  18. Littletroll Journeyman

19. JChan Developer

Just to be clear, is everyone in this thread getting stuck "forever" when you go to server select? Or, if you wait a few minutes do you get sent back to the old style login screen?
  20. Zippie Journeyman

If you wait long enough (and we are talking a VERY long time), it goes to the old login screen. I can't say that it does that every single time that it hangs because honestly when I figured out I could just hit the X button when it hangs to get out, I did that rather than waiting for ever.