Due Credit for Dave :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axxius, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Axxius Augur

I had to wait for a beta dev raid to find out who was responsible for this improvement to the RZ model:

[IMG]

Apparently, it's 'our character artist Dave'. :cool: I assume it's this Dave from the current expansion's credits:
    So I just have to say it: Dave, you rock! This is the single most badass thing I've seen in EQ1.

[IMG]
    Tarvas, Xyphen, Laurana and 23 others like this.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

3. Maedhros High King

I am thrilled that AOW doesnt look like a bag of starbursts that landed on the frying pan any more!
    What a huge improvement, thanks Dave!
  4. Nudia Augur

I liked the old AoW. This new one looks cool and all, but this was my jam:

[IMG]
    Laurana, Cakekizy and OldCa61 like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

It's a very cool model. I love the TBL genie models too, I imagine Dave did them.

I did like that the original AoW was this mythical looking armored fire being that didn't look like it belonged in Velious. It was a great end of expansion boss mob that stood out.
    Laurana, Gyurika Godofwar and Axxius like this.
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

The new AoW is very badass.
    Axxius likes this.
  7. Zippie Journeyman

I'm probably wrong, but isn't that the Rallos Zek the Warlord model from the Planes of Power expansion with a different texture applied to it?

It's awesome looking though. I think Dave did a fantastic job on it. I'm just curious.
    Xanathol and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Right, the base model is RZ from PoP. That's why I mentioned improvement. The textures are far more advanced than the basic black armor in PoP. Dave really put that new ice shader to use.

I didn't expect to see something like that in the good old EQ1. They used to tell us that EQ1 doesn't have the technology to make things look anywhere as good as EQ2. Apparently, it does now. :)

Which brings up the next point. Somebody on the code team implemented this new shader for Dave to use. You rock too! :cool:
  9. niente Developer

Addikeys, Tachya, Kontra and 19 others like this.
  10. Covic Developer

Hey thanks for the praise. I make everything using current software, its an all new model and animation set up. No special ice shader or any changes in EQ engine, just the way we make current art. Here is the Rallos model rendered using the same assets I put into EQ.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qAEZDy

Dave
  11. Zippie Journeyman

That looks absolutely amazing! Please tell me that you are creating these new models using current software BECAUSE they are going to be used in the upcoming in-development next "EverQuest [Enter name here]" game :)
    Axxius and Laurana like this.
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Dude, that looks awesome!

Someone get this guy a differently colored username! Something badass, please. Thank you!
    Axxius, Zippie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Angahran Augur

Why does everyone keep wanting a 'new' EQ ?
    All these vaporware ideas do is suck money and resources out of the original.

If all those resources had stayed in EQ it would be even better than it currently is.
    Many of us don't want to throw away 20 years of memories to jump on something new.
    Axxius, Fanra, Kaenneth and 11 others like this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Really fantastic work. Be proud!
    Axxius likes this.
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Dave's not here man!

But in all seriousness great job dude and I hope some fire based models and dragon models are done by you and Tom and implemented at some point.
    Gabrieles likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who do we talk to to make that an illusion for us to get? :)
    Zamiam likes this.
  17. Derresh Augur

Nice job, thanks for the new desktop background.
    Axxius, Kontra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Cakekizy New Member

Any way to keep the old version?
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Oh dang, that EQ2 armor set Dave made (didn't know who made it prior) is by far my favorite and I was glad to buy it years ago for my SK. I was even talking about this last night and how I suspect they made a lot of money off that particular set because it just looked so damn good.

Set in question.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Old AOW looked like one of the village people tbh....

New stuff looks plain awesome guys...seriously.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Zippie like this.