Mangler Server - Blatant cheaters running rampant

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Relentless, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Xeris Augur

It's dumb to just say "see a 12 boxer and hit ban." Just because someone does something that most people can't do, or you can't do, doesn't automatically make them cheaters.

I can see a world where someone can 12 box and not be cheating. Seems UNLIKELY, but it's possible. People should be banned for actually cheating.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Ainthek New Member

So you want the GMs to be tougher on hacking, and then you turn around and guildinvite the guy who organized the largest group of bots on the server. What's that about?
    SparkyMcDuck, Xanathol and code-zero like this.
  3. Scruff Elder

sounds like some apPAULing hypocrisy going on here :eek:
  4. discordkitty Augur

As long as they are at the keyboard to reply to tells, everything else is A-OK =D
  5. Relentless Insomnia

Since when does <Bloodthirst> = <Bloodthrist> ?
  6. Relentless Insomnia

Many videos of these individuals have been submitted over the last 72 hours, and they are still warping still warping zone to zone with this big army killing raid bosses. Now cine this thread he is also trying to spoof our own guild name in attempt to throw you off in these videos.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I don't even play on Mangler but this dude has literally been botting on this server for 8 months and he is posting in this thread LUL. No wonder the entire TLP community is playing on P99 Green/Teal
    Xanathol likes this.
  8. Delphwind Augur

I am sorry ... but this is an entirely unacceptable response. We've all seen the abusers on the various servers, but EQ seems to do nothing about it. This is game breaking and cheating, and for a dev to come onto a thread 3 pages in and basically scold us for being concerned about the longevity of the game is ridiculous.

The same people have been OPENLY abusing these cheats for months now, they have been reported by multiple people and nothing has happened. This is telling your community that you don't care about them, and only care about getting those extra monthly subs.

Shame on you for not taking this more seriously. We need an actionable response, and we need it now.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  9. Meridian Augur

DBG has shown over and over that they don't give a ****. They can't even be bothered to log in and go to the zones that are mentioned to take a look.
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

People aren't complaining about players boxing (x) number of characters. If you review the threads, including this one they are all saying the exact same thing.

The original poster even states,

1 - The select few cheaters are blatantly warping zone to zone instantly
    2 - Far-taunting boss mobs across the raid zones

As I've said previously, I don't play on Mangler, but I'm intrigued to login and see the above in action for myself and maybe even stream it for all to see.
  11. Jezzie Augur

I'm just wondering how successful another TLP classic will be with the M Q 2 + KA + Every active hack ever distributed in the history of Eq clone software + magic maps.
    Does that guy know something that makes it ok to launch a full blown assault on Daybreak and it's employees? It irks me that he's getting paid for it too but Daybreak doesn't seem to mind.

I don't think there's any point in churning out another TLP server until the hacks/automation have been addressed and after witnessing what's occurred on recent TLP's I think the smart thing to do is not hold ones breath!

Daybreak could churn out a no truebox server with minimal effort but it will be Ragefire/LJ all over again with box armies locking down all OW content...again. Credit where it due, Daybreak learned from that mistake, hopefully they'll sit down and discuss where it's going wrong and what they can do about it.
  12. Meridian Augur

There are plenty of videos out there of this sh*t. DBG does not care.
  13. SparkyMcDuck New Member

Whats REALLY funny is here is Mabbus signature ..

Bloodthirst has yet to win an expansion race ..

MESS and M&M won in Classic
    M&M made you all look like fools in Kunark
    M&M was definitely first to Vulak in Velious

I will admit, I can't wait for the troll posts about winning Luclin when the BT nerds win the "race" bc the more "casual" guilds decided to let ya have it since DBG decided to launch an extensive keying expac a week before Thanksgiving.
  14. Ainthek New Member

So, apparently that's a thing now. My mistake. I guess we might as well add spoofing guild tags to the list of things DBG doesn't care about. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you're issued a forum violation for posting the name of your own guild though.

Hopefully this will reach resolution at some point. The video I posted weeks ago got little to no traction despite going through all the official channels and it contained irrefutable proof. Gives me little hope that the recent attempts will have any more success.

I'd jump on the "DBG simply doesn't care" bandwagon except that they're still rolling out half baked patches every month. Clearly there's someone over there that cares about maintaining their cash cow. Too bad that person can't be bothered to spend 20 minutes shadowing the next decent open world spawn.
  15. taliefer Augur

By your own logic regarding luclin, there was no race in velious. Getting the first vulak wasn’t on our agenda. That’s like saying killing seru first “wins” luclin.

On a totally unrelated topic as to what should take priority in velious, WTS mask of the tinkerer, hit me up in game , not trolling.

I’d say this risks derailing the thread, but DBG would have to actually care about rampant cheating for that to matter
  16. EspiritunNox New Member

Absolutely they care about their cash flow and that's why they aren't banning these accounts.

When a DEV comes into a thread about a serious issue to only shames us with minor forum violations, and not a single new comment on the issue at hand you can finally see whose side DBG is on.
  17. Ainthek New Member

We're all playing an instanced, on demand, pay to win, version of a classic. Using strategies that have spent years being exploited, scripted, and refined to perfection. Expansion races aren't a thing anymore. Nobody is pioneering here. There are like 6 or 7 guilds on this server who will be more than capable of clearing the entirety of Luclin upon launch, the only limiting factor being how badly they want to chase a series of ridiculous key quests.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  18. Bullsnooze Augur

I don't doubt it.

I believe that they do care, but they aren't at liberty to speak on their intentions to solve the problem. And, they probably won't solve the problem on Mangler because the cheaters will just move on after a few expansions anyway. What you have to realize is that the exploiters, if simply banned, would just make more accounts and continue on. Also, let's be realistic the people breaking the rules will have a contingency plan after each ban.

@Dreamweaver, With my original reaction comment to you yesterday - I think people would like to hear that you guys are still working on a solution. Instead of refering to forum rules and to provide video proof.
  19. elumxe Elder

What guy are you talking about? If it’s me id like to refute. We can take it to pms if you like. M Q 2 doesn't work on truebox servers. In fact it actively tries to get you detected and banned if used on such a server.
  20. Jezzie Augur

I never said it does hence the term clone software

As you know we're not allowed to mention his name on these forums
    elumxe likes this.