miragul so boring

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, Nov 5, 2019.

1. ntellect Augur

What are you even talking about? Are you actually playing on the server or are you just talking?

Server pop was perfectly fine (low, dead, ghost town whatever you conjure up in your head to define it). Grouping was easy. There were more guilds even though people harped on the point that only one was advertising.

The people who want to play on this server are enjoying it, regardless of what you might think.about it.
  2. ntellect Augur

Again. Who cares? Besides you? I can guarentee you there will be ample people playing tonight and I wont be forced to solo like I would on EVERY existing live server.

Hell I couldnt even kill mobs on the grounds because it was heavily camped. I saw no one running around saying "oh , this server is low pop I better log off" Simply put. Those who dont like or want to go to Live wont play. Those who do want to play something less boring than classic will play.

I'd also add that the community was way more mellow than a classic TLP. There's no rush to max level and everyone was just learning their characters and decided what content they wanted to do... because they have options other than just grind mindless mobs.

So you continue to spout your statistics that has nothing to do with the people actually playing on the server. And we will continue to enjoy it
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Dagenfehl Journeyman

I'm loving Miragul. It's a server I've been waiting for - Experience everything I missed while in the military and starting University, while relearning the classes that got exponentially more difficult, and still able to group with people since everyone isn't boxing all over the place. "Cleric LFG" no longer falls on dead ears and now I have time to pick it up and catch up. Miragul is a win.
  4. uk6999 Augur

I considered it until no truebox and you are jailed on the server with no transfers off.

Should start an easy mode TLP around luclin-GoD timeframe. With some possible options:
    - Live or close to it XP rates
    - AoC slightly reduced lockout timers
    - Free trade
    - No truebox
    - No key access to zones just level restrictions
    - 2 month unlocks
    Icaen likes this.
  5. ElConquistador New Member

I'm loving Miragul so far. To the OP and those who are so proud of themselves for predicting failure - guess what? We get that you are unhappy and probably that way perpetually. Why is it so important for you to try and make everyone else unhappy? Is that how you make yourself feel like you actually matter?
    code-zero and VandilIzer like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm having fun on Miragul.

Miragul has had less promotion than any other TLP server, it is launching at a different time to usual, most players are looking for something to do for the anniversay for a month or so, launching in November when there is so many other things going in wasn't the best idea.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

Actually other then the last few its been very scattershot when TLP servers launch.
    Fippy launched in Febuary
    Ragefire and Lockjaw launched a week or so apart in May ...
    Phinny was a December launch....
    Agnarr was also a May launch....
    just the last 3, Coirnav, Selo and Mangler were Launched on the anniversary.
    Machen likes this.
  8. Vichax New Member

I am enjoying Miragul as i have already played on two Classic TLPs already which was Ragefire and Phinigel, I am bored of playing classic over and over again and for once would like to enjoy content i have yet to play which is House of Thule and the expansions that take place after it.
  9. Xeris Augur

only thing i wish there was on this server would be AOC. I'm only playing to mess around by myself, explore stuff, kill old content, do epics, etc. for this purpose, it's giving me exactly what i want... i could care less about the server being low pop :D
  10. Drayman Elder

I had fun last night. I look forward to more of the same this evening.
  11. Rorce Augur

HoT was one of my favorite expansions, so I've been very hyped awaiting for Miragul server release. Other than the hiccup at the servers launch, I have not been let down.

I had a blast playing with friends last night, and I can't wait to start raiding on this server!
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The only reason people are really whining about this is that they can't farm stuff to sell for RMT like they can on "classic" ones.

This is geared towards group and raiding, not solo/bot farming 20 year old items to sell for krono and then sell the krono on the black market.
    Rorce likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

You're really overthinking this.

The reason that any sort of market exists on the original start TLP's is because the actual game play for it is mind numbing boring. Oh sure there are the guys who get in pickup groups and tell each other knock knock jokes and watch netflix while they camp Orc 2 but they are always the ones perpetually behind and jump to whatever the newest TLP is until now. So you have that sort of play style and the only option to upgrade from rusty weapons and cloth armor is to buy Krono to exchange for a better setup. Of course the irony is that they probably head off to one of the shady RMT sites to grab that Krono and lose accounts on a semi-regular basis because DBG does a ban wave and they've tracked that black market Krono's path through the system.

Of course those guys don't want a server where you actually have to play with a skill level higher than "press Q" because that'd interfere with discussions about what's on netflix and the joke telling
  14. Evertrek Augur

i think we went to the TLP well one too many times. this ones a fail.

i'm seeing more people back on live (retail) servers this past few months. like with battle royal the TLP thing has come to a middle. the next TLP vote should be on how do you want your TLP merged...
  15. Coppercoz Augur

I think I would’ve been more interested had the rule set tied in some event(s) a la Quarm before allowing further progression.
  16. AcemoneyFV Augur

I agree, HoT was a great expansion. I hope they continue to make TLPs to piss off the people who cry on the forums constantly. Maybe they will disappear. :rolleyes:
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

So let's see if I'm summarizing correctly.

People playing Miragul are enjoying Miragul.
    People not playing Miragul are not enjoying Miragul.

Am I close?
    Yinla, code-zero and AcemoneyFV like this.
  18. Zippie Journeyman

I would imagine that many people that "wanted to see the expansions they missed" that created a character on Miragul ended up taking one look at the massive ton of spells, combat abilities, activatable AAs, and said "this isn't the everquest I remember."

Having six (maybe more) hot bars full of buttons that you have no idea what they do is very discouraging. Even once you spend the time to sit down and read every single one of them, and organize them in to hot bars that kind of make sense, it's still a very foreign experience from the roots of the game.

People that played the game during any point between classic and Omens of War, are not used to have tons of buttons to mash. Their idea of the game is more simple than that and consists of simple concepts like root, snare, calm, mez, feign death, nuke, dot, buff, and heal. They are used to having two hot bars for the most part with maybe a third for some other stuff not related directly to combat.

They certainly are not prepared for hundreds of spells, combat abilities, AAs, augments, power cells, etc. The game at the House of Thule point is vastly more complex than what most EQ gamers are used to, and for a great many of them, it is not a good change. They want a simple D&D game with mildly complex group interactions aka Everquest 1999-2004.
    Javaliscious likes this.
  19. Javaliscious New Member

That zippie is probably spot on.
  20. ntellect Augur

I think that's the point. This server isnt really meant for those who like Classic. You have 7 TLPs today to pick from to play that era. But that doesn't mean there are not other players who do want this more complicated experience. For me personally classic is fun but it's too slow and simple for my tastes. I get bored.

I for one like having a ton of skills as it adds to the challenge giving me situational options. Never having played this era (boosted a few characters, but still wasnt fun because there is no one to play with at that level anymore) but I didnt find it confusing or overwhelming. By simply pressing the buttons you easily learn what does what. There are resources and guides to start you off if you need help. Within 2 days I'm getting a good handle on my skills. It's a fun way constantly improve.

This change being good or bad is subjective to what each individual gamer enjoys. What I appreciate is that there is an option. You want classic. Go P99 or classic TLP. You want complex EQ play Miragul. Simple really.
    Yinla likes this.