Petition for DBG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Drelk, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Drelk Dedrath Mechanix

Buddy of mine made a petition for a TLP we would both like to play on. Even if you're not that interested but want to show support for this, Please give it a sign, Maybe DBG will see that there is a niche audience who wants to see something like this happen and we can get it open for the people who would really enjoy something like this.

http://chng.it/wdMZZG4xBm
  2. Machen New Member

Not only are petitions against the forum rules, but your proposed server ruleset sucks.

No.
    Nolrog and Moege like this.
  3. Bardy McFly Augur

... or just join Agnarr.
  4. Gootak New Member

This screams "I wish I did Agnarr when it was new but have no desire to play there now"
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not interested done classic to Velious far too many times already.
    Nolrog and Delphwind like this.
  6. MMOer Augur

ID be interested in this. I played on Agnar (and all the other TLPs since they started)

Not currently playing nor does the upcoming TLP interest me.

I'd like to join in on another slow progressing pop locked server.

Some suggestions:
    - Merge it with Agnarr at the end to keep the server alive. Would require the same name database to be shared so no character naming issues.
    - Start it on Kunark so we can have fun leveling in Kunar instead of classic again.
    Drelk likes this.
  7. Iyacc Augur

It shouldn't really be that hard to round up a guilds worth of people(depending on your definition of how many people it would take) to just play on Agnarr and self restrict yourselves to level/expac content. Start with classic and kunark and just don't go to anything outside those areas for however long you think is necessary. Have a guild wide vote after three months and if it fails, do it again in a month, repeat until vote passes.....

It wouldn't be exactly the same but if there is truly enough interest then finding 50 to 100 people to follow the guidelines of said guild should be perfectly possible. The problem is individual people's urges to "cheat" the system and the possibility that it snowballs and the plans fall to crap. If/when that happens that tells you that maybe there really isn't enough true interest, long term.
    Bardy McFly and MMOer like this.
  8. Sturmx Lorekeeper

9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"The entertainment factor drops off after the release of Planes of Power and beyond. "

That might be your opinion, and a certain subset of players may very well share it, but only a minority truly feel that way.
    I feel the "Classic Era" has been done to the death, and while EverQuest continued to evolve some players didn't grow with it as it did so, I played from launch in 1999 up until Seeds of Destruction in 2008 before taking a break, returning in 2015 to live for a brief time before trying a TLP & I genuinely feel like the classic era was the most boring era the game ever had, I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I did after Gates of Discord when "Raid Mechanics" really started to develop beyond simple tank & spank.

Best of luck in your effort for a minimal appeal server ruleset like this, I won't be supporting it as I believe you have a server that fits this demographic very well already in Agnarr, find like-minded payers & restrict yourselves to only playing as far as Luclin content if you wish, something you can do there or even on a live server.

I actually feel like you would be better off asking for an "experience lock" feature for EverQuest so that a group/fellowship or guild who wish to level lock can do so on any server of their choosing, barring special cases like Quarm/Miragul.

I think there must be a point at which TLP saturation starts to enter territory where diminish returns becomes a prohibitive factor, in that each successive TLP gathers fewer & fewer players to it to the point it doesn't generate enough interest to justify the costs involved in running another one, I don't know where that is but I can already see some diminishing in new server lifespans as they seem to boom & bust more rapidly now than they did to begin with and I think another change in approach may be necessary, I'm not suggesting server merges but some measures to prolong or revitalise interest in existing TLP, at least the ones which have still got a reasonable pool of active players on them anyway.

TL;DR - There is already too much fracturing of the EverQuest playerbase, I think the last thing we need are more very limited rulesets that appeal to only small splinters of the community.
    Delphwind and Bardy McFly like this.
  10. MMOer Augur

Id be ok with this if

- No rules or zone restrictions

- there were at least 300+ people wanting to all start on agnarr.

Problem with this is the only way to generate that kind of player base is for Daybreak to open a new server. As a solo player I would not be able to pug exp groups as the player base would be too low. Grouping and playing with others is whats fun... else i'd just solo a toon on agnarr. Thats why server opens are most popular and fall off.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

See what you are really asking for is for EverQuest to go out & find the 300 people for you to play with who all want to play in the same way that you do, and it's what every other "Classic Server" petitioner is wanting too - it's an unrealistic expectation for you to believe DayBreak can fulfil this fantasy for you.

That's the problem they can't solve, but they tried to with Agnarr, it's the problem that only you & those like you can fix by banding together. Is it easy? Hell no, or it would have been done a million times over by now.
  12. Drelk Dedrath Mechanix

Progression guild sounds like a good idea to be honest.
    Only problem is recruitment.
  13. Delphwind Augur

10/10
  14. Delphwind Augur

Nothing to say about your comment, just wanted to give you props to the best bard name I have seen.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

You left out PvP, -10 points.
    -100 more for not knowing how Krono work :confused: