Ragefire: Prenerf CoS worth anything?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cronie, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Cronie New Member

Not subbed currently just trying to get a price check. I was told by a streamer it was worthless, so i thought id look for confirmation, thank you =)
  2. MarttinPH Augur

Anything has value to the right buyer. The issue with the Pre-nerf CoS is that there is an AA that does the same thing and both SK and Nec get the AA (I believe). You are probably not going to get much for it.
    Cronie likes this.
  3. Machen New Member

The AA doesn't do the exact same thing, does it? Iirc it has a (very short) cast time and can't be cast on the run as CoS can. Or does that go away eventually with upgraded versions?
    Cronie likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

The amount of people that play on ragefire is going to be the biggest problem. It's a great twink item, but once a tlp is the second or third newest tlp it's basically a shadow of its former glory.
    Cronie likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There are currently none listed in the bazaar for an actual price (there is one up for 2mil plat that nobody would buy). Krono seem to be around 250k plat. RF economy seems to be pretty bad with only ~50 traders total setup.

The CoS is still "better" than the SK/Necro AA "Cloak of Shadows" which both classes have access to at this point since the AA has a 7sec refresh timer while CoS can be spammed. However, at this point in the server I imagine every SK that wants one has one due to how many were farmed in Kunark and how many people are actually left on the server, and nobody plays necros in the era of EQ that Ragefire is in. I'd guesstimate a value of around 80-120k or half a krono.
    Cronie likes this.
  6. Gesiah Elder

I sold one in baz within the last couple of months on Ragefire for 75k. I'm super bad about loading to my trader though and haven't had my mule up for awhile.
    Cronie likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

There are a lot of people who like to collect stuff like this too, things that no longer drop, even if they have no real use for it.

I'm sure you would be able to sell it no problem at a good price.
    Cronie likes this.