Mangler Server - Blatant cheaters running rampant

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Relentless, Nov 5, 2019.

1. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

That is concerning to say the least. Maybe this is just the end of life EQ experience, we are all in hospice for our favorite game guys.
  2. Dresden Journeyman

No it isn't it's someone whining about being banned. I don't need to provide a video here. The devs saw it and made thier decision obviously.
  3. That0neguy Augur

It's not all that much different then the live experience was back in the day. People blatantly warping around, PLing toons, getting server 1st Twin gods kills, etc.
  4. Bloodnyte Assassin

Please make some changes! Accountability and troubleshooting of issues / actual investigation into cheating / claims of cheating. Pretty terrible.
  5. Spaine_Arcane New Member

Too many messy guilds on this server .... that talk trash and stronghorn mobs .... hide in your DZs..... I’m trying to keep my mana pool the largest on server thank you lol
  6. Tutu New Member

The title of the post is "Mangler Server - Blatant cheaters running rampant" , not sure how you managed to miss that.
  7. Alekzandre Augur

They can, but they don't. Makes you wonder a few things about why huh?
  8. Manilow New Member

I came back to these TLP servers looking for some semblance of a classic experience and instead I'm watching one player clearly control upwards of 20-30 characters. I understand that there is nothing inherently wrong with this from a rules perspective, but when you watch all of these characters tethered to a target it becomes obvious that whoever is controlling them is using some form of illegal software to do so.

It has become enough of an issue that I'm considering cancelling my sub and giving p99 green a try.
  9. sumnayin Augur

Multiple things you have to accept that could be true.

Maybe they are just milking what money they can and don't care if the game dies.
    They are facilitating the cheating for personal gain.
    They are incompetent.
    They just don't care.

I think what blows my mind the most is there are definitely people that would volunteer their time to look into these matters for free on their own time. Give them limited power to look into matters and provide their findings to DBG....
  10. sumnayin Augur

I came back in 2011 because I heard about Fippy starting...told my brother and we were both insanely happy. We quit in less than a month because of the mage armies. We love the TrueBox experience so having people cheating and having armies is just a slap in the face.
  11. Grons New Member

This morning yet another instance of this botter teleport hacking Teleported to Dozekar killed then ran to Kael ignored all the see invis mobs and did not coth and teleported to the arena.
  12. Yahweh New Member

The horrible !! mabbu krono getting stolen so he have guild cry
  13. SparkyMcDuck New Member

So let me get this straight..

- BT does some shady stuff, to what I gather was MESS trying to play in OW (seriously boys, you're not OW.. Go talk to your local AoC)
    - In this same time period one of Manglers premier botters/cheaters showed up
    - BT says ''oh hell naw, lets record this guy'' .. Records him, but in the process catches one of their cruddy monks doing cruddy things to MESS
    - They go and cry to daddy Mabbu, who in turn formulates a pretty well written post (for real though, if you would have left out the sob story about your members being banned/suspended, it would have probably been taken seriously by the community)
    - BT members rush to the forums to show support (Oh boy even including BT's new all american Hype Man, Suvus.. Now thats a special treat folks, have you checked out his videos recently!?!)

Much love folks! Keep up the guild drama, you're all doing a wonderful job!! **That was sarcasm btw**
  14. Elskidor Augur

They actually have a volunteer staff that actively investigate and suspend/ban offenders. Playing it for the first time myself, and it makes this company look even more incompetent. Absurd DBG manages their own product worse than an .
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  15. Tutu New Member

Training MESS was a shady thing to do, he got banned.

Exploiting the game is a shady thing to do, perhaps even more shady when its 40 people, where is the ban?

Can we not agree here that everyone who does a shady thing should be banned?

I realize that many of us here aren't fans of BT, but don't allow our bias to rule the day here. Cheaters ruin the game, they must be banned period end of story. If you find yourself so triggered by BT that you cant see obvious truth and logic, I suggest some clinical help.
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

Just a reminder, naming/shaming is not allowed on the forums. If you have videos or similar proof you can feel free to send them to me to investigate.
  17. Bullsnooze Augur

I don't play on Mangler, but I think it's pretty evident that you really don't need video proof to catch the folks breaking the rules.

As community manager I'm sure you've read all the threads related to Mangler and cheating. Players are reporting that some (or all) of the offenders are automating their exploits. With that in mind, why not just log onto the server or have someone check the back-end yourself? If its as rampant as people are saying, I think you'd be able to catch a majority of the offenders red-handed. Moreover, there are only a handful of zones in the server's current era (Velious) that these individuals would want to exploit anyway.
  18. Meridian Augur

For that matter, why not just go to a couple of the zones that have been mentioned here? Everyone knows where the botting takes place. Find them and flush them.
  19. Duder Augur

This thread should have been titled "All Servers - Blatant cheaters running rapant!"
    Delphwind and Meridian like this.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Is it really that rough to log in and check a few popular zones and spot the boxers who are automating?

Set the bar real high on the 1st round:
    1. All you have to do is spot the 12+ boxers and hit the ban button. We all know they aren't trueboxing... whatever that means now days.
    2. Then focus on finding the automated 6 box setups that level or farm certain areas for hours on end using the weakest setups like far taunt, boxes that all move like crap robots 100% to the same spot over an over again.
    3. All of the above won't take too long.
    Gana likes this.