House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zipe, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    Just saw DBG put on store the pack for the collector edition items from HoT.
    That's a great idea to get our money, can't understand why you didn't make it earlier.
    Just wanted to let you know that if you add VoA and RoF too you'll get my money instantly!
    Rain of Fear is launching today on Phinigel!
    Go, go, go, get some profit!
    Nniki, Zippie, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Machen New Member

I support this. Never being able to get the collector's edition stuff on Fippy kinda sucked.
    Protocol and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd love to see all the past expansion's bonus items & collector edition items appear in the store as TLP servers unlock those expansions, great suggestion & a great money earning opportunity for DBG.
  4. Protocol Dragon Defender

Same. Lots of expansions I missed that I'd like to buy the CE for.
  5. Numiko Augur

I really like this idea, should expand this program to include all the old collector editions, it's pure profit for daybreak, not like they have to spend any time creating something new to sell.
  6. Numiko Augur

Is it not working yet?

I tried to click on it and it's greyed out on all my accounts with a pop up message that say I already own it, I'm pretty sure I never bought the collector edition when it was available on live servers.
  7. Alekzandre Augur

Good idea IMO! They will not do this on recent expansions because they think that it would negatively effect the purchase of Collectors Editions when an expansion launches. Although I do think a few would not buy it if they thought it would be available later, most still would, as they and we know, the majority of people want what they want now, and would not wait!

I also think that the sales generated by having these items available in the cash shop, would far exceed what was lost on initial launch Collectors Edition sales.

I also realize it is not as easily done as people think, since you would have to have systems set up to only allow the correct editions to be purchased, based on where a specific server was progression wise. They probably have most of the work done in regards to this already, based on the greyed out items in the claims window on Progression Servers, etc.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I can't see them being in the marketplace permanently but I could see them being in for a month or 2 months when a TLP reaches that expansion.

House of Thule could be an experiment to see how they are recieved. But I'm hoping we see more as each of the TLPs unlock different expansions.
  9. Machen New Member

Personally, as a long time TLP player, the collector's editions of new expansions aren't even on my radar. I know I won't get to that content for years if ever. I don't think I've purchased an expansion since Fippy went live. But if I could purchase the collectors' editions for the expansions I AM actually playing in, that would be great.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  10. Numiko Augur

I totally will buy them all, i was always cheap in the past and just bought standard packs, and I am missing a lot of expansions too from many breaks I have taken over the years.

will probably get 4 copies of each for my boxes as well as they even have less purchased expansions then my main account!
    Alekzandre likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

We are looking into an issue regarding purchasing the pack. This is currently the only pack but let us know what you think!
  12. taliefer Augur

i think its a great idea, but i think some of these collectors editions items have aged poorly.

maybe its just me, but a 20 slot bag doesnt really move the needle, let alone a 16 slot bag. even for primarily TLP players. 40 slot seems to be the norm, not sure if its possible to update those bags.

i realize there are other items as well, but the bags seem to be selling point for most players i know. granted i tend to stick to TLPs pre HoT era.

the mounts and house items are cool tho. i still think Housing should be uncoupled from HoT and made available earlier on TLPs, but thats another conversation~
  13. Sipsac! New Member

It's awesome, but please unlock some of these things to the other TLPs.. i just bought the HoT knowing that the mounts were locked until HoT but i thoughts the Wep skins and the bad bags would be claimable on other TLPS...

Please Make this more clear, i don't mind if it's not available On Mangler or Corniav or any other tlps, but please make it so it's more clear when you buy what can be redeemed where...
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'd love to see past Collector Edition items for sale but they should be limited to 1 past expac per year.
    1. The problem with releasing past expansion collector items - at least too frequently - is that they won't "feel special" (scarcity heuristic). It's the same psychological process with how many people prefer Heritage Crate illusions over regular Marketplace Polymorph wands. The rarer it is, the more 'in demand' it feels.
    2. The release of Collector Edition items may offend people who previously purchased those editions and possibly hurt the market. How do you feel when you see limited edition items re-issued elsewhere (skins on Fortnite, baseball cards)? It creates a moral hazard where people will hold off on any Collector or Premium edition upgrades when they expect a future release.
    I do like that these bundles will provide additional revenue and give loyal players access to long sought after items.
    However, there must be a balance. The re-issuing on past expansion collector edition items should be limited to no more than 1 per year.
  15. Machen New Member

Nonsense, when TLP's play through 4-5 expansions per year, there is no reason why if they are going to do it, you should have to be restricted to buying only one of the five.
    Xanathol and Skuz like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The problem is people will hold off on Collector Edition or Premium Edition purchases on Live servers if they expect these items to be re-issued down the road. It could hurt revenue in the long run.

(TLP is the quick, easy money. The Live Server base is their long term revenue market).
  17. Zipe The Healer

I understand your reasoning about pricing and uniquess but keep in mind that they also put their packs on sale for some months before the new live expansion goes in, so the value kinda goes really down after 10 months.
    1 year is excessive. Unlocking them when a TLP is on X era would fit more, but maybe more tedious to implemement and keep control.
    What I really like about the HoT pack is the opportunity to have preorder items again.
    Do you imagine Mark of Brell again to claim? Or Scepter of draconic calling? or RoF preorder bonus staff however it was called? that's $$.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I genuinely think the wider availability would more than make up for ANY revenue that you believe might be lost, and probably by quite a big margin.

Take for example all those people who took & will take extended breaks and return later - all those missed collectors editions = extra sales if those items are made available to them, many are desirable but with no way to obtain them if you missed the initial expansion offering.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If older expansion collector edition items are on TLP era rotation, that is pure insanity in terms of market saturation. To have 3-5 Collector Editions in a year will absolutely destroy their value. Saturation is tthe key problem - players won’t regard these items as special. The argument for more limited releases is best summed up by Ngreth himself. He said awhile back that many Marketplace items are poor sales and retired to the vault. As a result of scarcity, players are once again clamoring for those items (Petamorph: Mad Jester, retired Polymorphs). Furthermore, limiting release to 1 Collector Edition per year will force TLP players to come back and re-sub.
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

Thank you for adding this. Looking forward to more if they become available.