miragul so boring

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, Nov 5, 2019.

1. wildone Elder

made my charecter did the j5 quest played in courtyard and then remember why i love classic eq and then non boxing on 1 pc its a k iller also since i live in australia and dont really play american or euro time, so i made a second account fired up an old pc played and decided not to turture myself 2 boxing on 2 pc, back to the other classic game,wher theres 10 of thousends of australian playing some real life friends and 2 family members.
    Please daybreak give us a classic eq server ragefire where i was 6 boxing hits a version of eq i dont enjoy .
    Xanathol and Alekzandre like this.
  2. Jontrann Augur

Yeah i was watching bobbybick stream miragul launch, he said he would never log into miragul again lol.
  3. Sturmx Lorekeeper

I'll settle for just being able to play two characters on the same computer.
    Yahweh likes this.
  4. Icaen Elder

It's just a restricted Live Server, HOT is still nontrivial content still for lvl 85-105 players on Live which is free btw so why would you start here? What's the hook? Why would anyone pay for this?

Your playerbase is old, stubborn, and doesn't want 85 levels worth of abilities thrown at them. Worse, you know this. You needed a bigger bone.
  5. Trex Journeyman

While I don't like that it is truebox...there are a ton of servers that have had classic EQ. I am disappointed it wasn't non-truebox also but I and many others had fun last night. Playing content AT level is almost always fun. But wanting to 6 box right away? That's fun? I and many others WANT to group with people while the population is active, Non-truebox server is so that when the playerbase fails you can still 6 box from one computer and complete stuff. There is the new P99Green you can go play for now and can 6 box with the awesome power of google (until they release the server we all hope to be probably around March).

Miragul is actually fun, yes wish it was Non-truebox but just because it's not classic doesnt mean there arent a ton of us that really want to see the expansions we missed.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  6. code-zero Augur

Oakenblade, Delphwind and Skuz like this.
  7. ntellect Augur

Shouldnt these people be playing on Agnarr or something instead of coming here to complain about a server they were never going to play anyway?
    Delphwind and code-zero like this.
  8. coffeeislife New Member

I'm loving miragul, definitely my favourite tlp so far. Classic is fine and good, but there's so much of the game I haven't seen yet, and 85+ content is really fun (for me). Just wish it wasn't truebox, would have loved to casually dual box.
    Yinla and VandilIzer like this.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Boring is perspective... The new server is already at low pop...
    Icaen and Xanathol like this.
  10. code-zero Augur

So what? I'd warrant that they are having fun there whereas the majority of the post from Mangler partisans expresses deep unhappiness and they seem determined to spread that unhappiness to all who will read.

Personally I won't play on a True Box server so I really have no dog in this fight but when I log on and play on my live server of choice I enjoy myself
  11. Elskidor Augur

Easily the worst TLP they've done. DGB really should have brought up this idea to see how the community received it before deciding to launch this mess.
    Icaen likes this.
  12. Ashian Augur

The public discord for Miragul was a flurry of activity up until the ruleset announcement. Activity dropped off a cliff after that. It was very clear from the messages in Discord that Truebox was the main culprit. Modern EQ just doesn’t fit with Truebox.
    Icaen and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think losing AOC's probably helped them keep a lot more players.
  14. Darkhain Elder

Maybe join either Oceanic : Eastern Coalition on Coirnav or Spectral Shift on Mangler.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I hope those folks that are left on miragul are enjoying themselves.

The majority must of found it boring or in some fashion not to their liking hence the sudden low pop status. Even I thought it would take 2 - 4 months before it hit a low pop status guess I was wrong.

Every packed TLP has complaints but that's a good thing as people are voicing their concerns to make things better.

Hopefully they'll learn from what I read on the veterans forum that most people on live at the later expansions seem to box just due to the culture of the game over the years.

Truebox was a good idea but DBG failed to enforce it or adapt it as expansions progress.

Maybe the next TLP will be a hit, obviously they have good intentions but it seems they don't understand the 2 sets of players they currently have (live and TLP).

I personally don't know a single TLP player I interact with that wants to make it to the end live game.
    I'm sure tons of live players don't want to ever set foot in a TLP because that game is a distant ghost.

Good luck to those on miragul.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Meanwhile in reality P99 Green has a bigger population then all the TLPs combined and the non-truebox TLP themselves are all dead.
  17. Javaliscious New Member

and....splat. Called it. Here DBG...let me T the ball up again so you can take another cut at it...maybe try to hit a home run this time. (Non-truebox, AoCs, 2-3 month unlocks, maybe some FV loot rules). Take a swing at that and see how you do. But you had better make it soon. People are heading to the exits and your opportunity to stop them or bring them back is leaving as well.
    Icaen likes this.
  18. ntellect Augur

Everything is perspective. Half of the current TLPs are low pop and guess what? People are still playing on them. Please stop with your ignorant BS. You dont like this server we get it. We dont care. It's pointless and doesnt add anything.
    ElConquistador likes this.
  19. ntellect Augur

Because TLP people like repeating the same 15 year old content. Go Ham. This is a live server that has TLP status for those who want to play something current and catch up to actual live servers.

What part of that simplicity is difficult for you to grasp? Here I'll spell it out for you. Miragul players playing on Miragul are there because they like it otherwise they would play something else.

Some of you people are absolutely rediculous with your myopic view of what all players want.
  20. Machen New Member

Not a single one of them was low pop within 24 hours of launching, til now.
    Xanathol and Icaen like this.