Still Can't Handle RoS T1!?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

Hey all!:)

I have a 110 SK that's maxed combat aas, has most heroic aas, shawl, tear, etc., however, even with 280k hp and 7k AC self buffed, I still can't molo most tier 1 RoS OT named. I feel like I've hit a brick wall in this regard. :confused:

Notwithstanding, when I group with 5 other players, we can usually take the named mobs out before deflection wears off, and I feel nearly invincible :D with a good cleric and group and can even competently tank current content.

I do understand that this is NOT a solo game; it's a GROUP game. However, due to time constraints of playing and my odd hit-or-miss hours and family life, it's just not realistic to get a static group of friends to play. :oops: I was thinking of adding a bard with a melody when I run around, but I fear that's probably not enough to tip the scales.

I've never been particularly adept at boxing with all the Alt+Tabs involved, and I wind up performing worse than if I had just not boxed in the first place. o_O Is it time to start 3 boxing with a box program perhaps? Maybe cleric, bard, SK?!? I would like to progress and do RoS and TBL progression, but I feel like at this rate I can only hope to get 115 and get the new xpacs gear before heading back, and even then...
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

Do you have your epic 2.0? If I am honest, your stats seem a bit low. What kind of gear are you wearing?
  3. Zamiam Augur

seems to me you need more dps .. I would 3 box add to your sk a Mage and a bard .. both can be box'd relatively easy with almost no fuss.. mage would give you dps, and CoTH for easy maneuvering extra pet tank if need off tank abilities plus a DS .. Bard would give you selo's and tracking

set mage up with 1 macro with 3 or 4 spells plus pet assist you ..

bard set up with 1 macro for /melody with the basics ..

plus you'll have 3 mercs avail.. sure 2 of them will be F2P so only A5 if silver accounts but still should be doable .. so 2 dps mercs (caster) and 1 healer or 2 healer 1 dps if named fight ..

even A3 mercs can still earn AA's and wear merc gear..
  4. Zamiam Augur

280k hps and 7k ac should be enough to handle RoS T1 named especially with all Def AA's done .. you got all your AoW , CS , CA , ND, and PE done ? you have 40+ AC augs in every slot or close to it ..
    and like Fawn said what type of gear do you have on and do you have your epic .. ?

Let me rephrase .. should be enough with a lil more dps added
  5. Slayerwolf Elder

Oh yea! I have epic 2.0 and even the Breastplate Clicky from Anguish. I have everything I could think to get that are clickies, etc. Yes, I have all 50+ AC augs with large HP number, mostly from EoK t2, RSS, etc. The stats are from basically TBL GMM group gear and t2 TBL group gear.

Yes, DPS is a huge issue. Takes me 10 forevers (literally many minutes) to kill a named. Obviously, though, a tank isn't supposed to be MEGAA!!! DPS.

I guess I'm just wondering if a bard would do enough or if I need to 3 box? If I did 3 box, what would I need to do? Thank you all!
  6. Szilent Augur

Could you help out the forum denizens here with a sample log of you soloing or moloing a mob? just a quick lil' dumparoonie of DPS summary & casting summary? GamParse (download from here) is real easy to get into.

Bards are super all the time, of course, but you really don't have to take up multiboxing just to play EQ.
  7. Zamiam Augur

there are 3 ways you can box .. :p
    simple way is run all 3 boxes on 1 computer and just alt tab back and forth . if you set up the 2 boxes minimally and you only have 1 or 2-3 basic macro on each toon then alt tabbing isnt a big deal ..

better way if you want to have/ use a few more macro's and not have to worry about alt tabbing much you can use a 3rd party program basically its a boxing program that helps/assists you with certain things .. ( this is what I use , but I 4 to 6 box )

another way is to have 2 or 3 seperate computers and have 1 toon on each PC .. ( I don't recommend this )

and Like i said in post above i'd go with mage or wizzy and bard .. I threw wizzy in there cause they are uber DPS and you have ports
  8. Zamiam Augur

SHHH Be Szilent :p im trying to recruit another Boxer !!
  9. Laronk Augur

This just means that SK solo power is getting more in line with other players.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Slayerwolf Elder

It would take me some time to get that information together. I will see what I can do. I will maybe try to make a video of me failing and getting my stuff pushed in if that'd make you feel better. lol
    IblisTheMage and Szilent like this.
  11. Lubianx Augur

Just a question, which OT named are you trying to kill?

You will find that some of the OT named are harder than any other named in the entire expansion.

A grotesque succulent caps your stats with a huge AE debuff which drops all stats by 3000 (use lower level spells so they don't fizzle) but your merc will fizzle a lot and be useless.

A magestic cockatrice has the same debuff as grotesque above.

Bloodstalker gives you a 70% chance to fizzle spells (again use lower level spells so they dont fizzle)

Needle has a nasty debuff as well which pretty much removes all dodge and parry chances

A Kar'Zok lacerator you need EotD1.

You probably wont be able to molo the first two as your merc will be useless. The Kar'Zok is easy if you have EotD1. The other you should be able to do with some good strats
  12. Slayerwolf Elder

I know most of those are nearly impossible, so I was actually trying something I figured was relatively "easy.

Mymidon Tundak

I ran out of gas when he was 40% hp and he just obliterated me. So, it's not like I can necessarily blame it being the "hard" ones. haha
  13. Celephane Augur

You mention in a group being able to kill names before Deflection drops, but you don't really say anything about using other defensives. I tend to save Deflection for when I really need it. Perhaps your usage of other things is killing you?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

I can't help you as a SK. I can help you on the rest.

DBG has not clearly stated what is and is not allowed as far as "box programs". Choose how you proceed carefully.

Fancy keyboards like the Logitech G910 have extra programable keys, but again, see the above line.

A bard would make a major difference. Slow on the mob in itself could make a huge difference for you. The buffs would help too.

The bard is an easy box.
    /assist <name>
    /melody #,#,#,#; Slow, haste, etc.

You can can also add /autoattack on the bard and pull to it. Say the bard is in one spot with his back to the pull. Just pull past him and stop when he's in melee distance. You only have to alt tab once to hit the hot key.

On the topic of alt+tab, remember you can use <windows key>+# in place of alt tab. So if you alt tab it will take you to the next window. But if you Win+1 it will always take you to window #1, even if you have a 6 box going, win+1 will take you to screen 1.

And that's how you would box the mage. Gaming keyboards let you assign G1 as Win+1 so you can tab between X number of characters easier. Again, it's technically a 3rd party program but I'm sure its fine if you are using it like that.

Mage is easy too.
    /assist <name>
    /pet attack
    /pause #, /cast #
    /pause #, /cast #
    /cast #

Then a second hotkey that is just pause and cast 5 times for longer fights.

I think you would be happy with the bard. The slow itself would probably be enough, plus the song buffs, but if you position correctly you can get melee too, and all with just the one hotkey.
  15. Slayerwolf Elder

I apologize for the misstatement. I actually don't use deflection very often, only when I'm 10% and another hit is inevitable before the heal lands. I was just trying to make the point that it seems that we can grind through a named in 20 seconds or less with a GOOD group of 5 players (4 dps, 1 heal and me tanking) if we blow all our CDs at once. Technically I think deflection lasts at least that long. But, I digress, I use defensives in this order:

Carapace>Mantle>Cursed Guard (sometimes I might cancel just for the tap procs and go spite of ronak here) - >Leechcurse

I will throw on Reaver's Bargain if I feel the need and use the mind drain AA to keep it running longer, again depending on fight.

I use leech touch, the strike that heals (forget name), veil of darkness, etc. as needed.
  16. Evurkvest Augur

Do you have an magelo? Interested how you reached those numbers, i thought i had the best possible grp gear but are less hp self buffed. Im in full TBL trade skill visibles, best GMM/TBL grp gear, 4 x TBL evolving, RoS raid BP and shield, HP/hSTA augs, Cliff Stone + Extra Planar Potential Shard and max AA.
  17. Tucoh Augur

Lots of people solo/molo in EQ and there is nothing wrong with that. But my personal opinion is that it's no way to play this game. I'd recommend tryign to find a way to coordinate with others to play, or add a mage/bard box to your group and go from there.

But to directly help you, I'm guessing you're not using your shadowknight abilities correctly. I recommend looking for guides and regularly refreshing yourself on all the abilities available to you.
  18. Angahran Augur

In the past, DBG (or at least devs) have said that i.s.b.o.x.x.e.r. is allowed since it simply broadcasts keystrokes.
    The programmable keyboards/mice are allowed.

Basically, so long as you are at the keyboard, pressing buttons and the 3rd party software does not allow you to do anything 'extra', it should be allowed.

Some 'afk' actions have been noted as allowed, e.g. the autorun trick of swimming into a corner. Bards afk singing to skillup.

'Extras' include things like see every mob in the zone on a map, see what loot mobs have, warp to any location in a zone, etc.

The rule of thumb seems to be, 1) You must be at the keyboard. 2) If the game client couldn't do 'x' with no 3rd party software then it shouldn't be able to do 'x' with it.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  19. Ashian Augur

Your hp/ac stats are more than fine for doing RoS. This should not be a barrier whatsoever. Do you have a full set of type 5 augs from RoS or TBL (heroic Dex)? If you don’t, this is a significant loss in capability. The abilities you’re using should also be fine.

As mentioned above, the problem is that you’re fighting named with unique and very challenging abilities. You aren’t supposed to be able to solo these named. RoS is a level 110 expansion that is just 1 expac back.

Don’t let this discourage you. You can solo EoK named with ease.
  20. Axxius Augur

RoS has a weird tuning. T1 is actually harder than T2. Named mobs in The Overthere are far nastier than anything else below Veeshan's Peak. I would go ahead and start with T2. Namely, Howling Stones. You'll like them undead things. ;)
    Thunderkiks, Vumad and Tucoh like this.