Mangler Server - Blatant cheaters running rampant

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Relentless, Nov 5, 2019.

1. taliefer Augur

i dont care if the person/people doing it are doing it as their only source of income, or because they are wealthy and bored. that doesnt really matter. hell for all i know they are legit good people but just like seeing what they can get away with.

its just blatantly cheating and quite sad DBG does nothing.
  2. Scruff Elder

your """innocent pwayers""" will continue to be ""wrongly suspended"" for as long as you refuse to keep any sort of leash or moderation over your overflowing bucket of useful idiots. from recent interactions, many of your ""pull team"" goons seem to believe training or dumping mobs on people is the real way to 'dictate the winner'. :confused:

ps. laxxiter for president 2020
    SparkyMcDuck likes this.
  3. Wrathgar New Member

#freejinny
  4. Scruff Elder

5. Shakara Augur

You live in the world you create. If you want to just complain that's fine feel free to rant but if you really want things to be different then you have to act accordingly. Revenge is a 2 edged blade.
  6. Scruff Elder

you traded a monk officer for 'contested dkp' after wiping someone out of a kill you could have otherwise contested normally, i think things went pretty accordingly
    SparkyMcDuck likes this.
  7. Dresden Journeyman

^^

It was super funny when you guys got people banned for wrongly submitting videos right?? Your officers took to general chat and mocked them. All you did was teach other guilds how the game has to be played. You being mad and coming to the forums to whine about losing at your own game now is pathetic. Best of luck to you, see ya in ssra ;)

Or not.. depends on how long that ban is for..
  8. Burzian New Member

Mangler is my first TLP, and I'm really unimpressed with the level of DB attention on this problem. The TLPs are some of the best community stuff in years, please give it the oversight it deserves.
  9. Shakara Augur

That's irrelevant to this thread, We are talking about cheating here. people breaking the game to their gain while people are being banned for things they didn't take part in. Obvious blatant cheating at that. cheating so easy to detect that its painfully aware.
  10. Scruff Elder

suspending an officer for refusing to keep any kind of quality control over their members is an interesting misfire, one way or another. this never would have been brought up if it wasn't awkwardly included in the OP for the sake of acquiring good boy points by attempting to seem like a victim in any of this
    SparkyMcDuck likes this.
  11. Riggles Journeyman

Sounds like a lot of work. What do you have against hard work?
  12. Riggles Journeyman

Just trash true boxing and call it a day.
  13. Tutu New Member

Scruff I can understand why you are upset, training in a dps race is a lame. But are you really condoning cheating? seems like selective outrage to me. It makes your argument lose some credibility.
    Also, your record isn't too clean Scruff. I have a video of you disturbing other guilds raid encounters. I didn't bother submitting it because the effect you caused was minimal. But I find it odd that you complain then get caught doing the very same thing.
    I guess integrity is just not your strong suite.
  14. Tutu New Member

This post is about people using programs to exploit the game.

I don't follow here Dresden, can you please show videos, logs, examples of cheating? anything will do.
  15. Scruff Elder

?
  16. That0neguy Augur

Scruff - Member Since: Mar 5, 2019
    Tutu - Member Since: Jul 21, 2019

Not sure you have room to call someone out on when they joined or how much they post.
  17. Scruff Elder

my fault for not investigating a generic no-name account making baseless anonymous claims with big honkin fonts
    SparkyMcDuck likes this.
  18. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

The reality is that DBG doesn't have the manpower or tech capabilities to detect this cheating automatically so they have fallen back on video evidence provided by players. I would bet that most people posting in this topic have either gotten someone suspended based on a video or been suspended. At this point, everyone on the server knows the "rules of the game" and thats why almost every interaction with another player ends with "im recording, dont train me bro" or something similar.

The real problem is that it doesn't seem like people actually watch the videos or review any evidence and DBG will probably never provide us with insight into their review process (for good reason). This has to change.

Imagine if other game developers took this approach. The entire MOBA community (league, dota2, etc) would be banned from their respective games within hours. Hell, imagine if Fortnite just required a video for a suspension with very little review or appeal. I would wager that more than half of the players on that game would receive an unwarranted suspension at some point.

Bottom line - DBG's policy regarding player submitted evidence needs work. DBG needs to either staff a support team that is qualified to make a final decision on video evidence (with log data or secondary information to back up the video) or get rid of this ridiculous policy. I suspect that DBG doesnt have that secondary information. (If they did these botters probably would already be banned)

And for those of you saying that DBG wont ban these 60 boxers because of the revenue. They have done much bigger banwaves in the past on their other games, this tweet from Jon Smedley is very applicable: "I'm saying we don't want their [the cheaters] damn money. We don't want them back"
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/600690093163094016
    (brackets added for context)

I also find it funny that nearly everyone knows how to identify the "software that shall not be named" but DBG is seemingly unaware? Are you really that daft DBG? Go login on a GM account and watch one of these box crews and tell me its not blatantly obvious they are using the "software that shall not be named".
  19. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

The fact that DBG cant detect this activity on-face is the funniest part about this. Its obvious to everyone who witnesses the event that its a hack and DBG somehow "doesnt have enough evidence" to issue a ban? What data are you collecting about players and how are you detecting cheats if you cant identify when someone's position changes outside the bounds of normal gameplay. Even the emulated EQEMU server has this capability.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  20. That0neguy Augur

And then he was fired 2 months later. :confused: