Heroic Characters - Unlocking Earlier than COTF

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Historically, Heroic characters have unlocked in Call of the Forsaken. In a recent post by Ngreth, the upcoming live expansion has a purchasable option that boosts a character to heroic status, indicated it's locked to Underfoot.

Can we have the COTF unlock for heroics requirement be moved to a prior expansion? I think matching it to either House of Thule (Similarly to Miragul's) or Veil of Alaris is appropriate, enough that it does not diminish the value of existing characters on any TLP servers that move through the content.

This would be a win-win for the playerbase to help bolster populations more readily, along with Daybreak having more paying customers for this service.
    Banne, Froger, Zipe and 1 other person like this.
  2. Protocol Dragon Defender

I think they should be kept as-is with the exception of Miragul for which the earlier availability is a unique selling point.
  3. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Thanks for the free bump, however starting at 85 across the board (Miraguls) is different than paying money to Daybreak for a service to be 85.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not sure how they could introduce them in Underfoot, when the zone where everyone spawns doesn't exist yet.

Personally I'd rather keep things in the expansion where they were introduced, possibly the expansion before, but not sooner than that.
  5. Zipe The Healer

Been years since I boosted a character... You can upgrade an existing character to heroic. I can't remember if when doing so your char was moved to the Feerrott. I think nope? You can make a lvl 1 bard in Gfay and it'll still be in Gfay after the boost.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Correct. I just used 3 of my heroic options I had on some accounts. 2 were newly created characters at level 1 in pok and when they were upgraded to heroic level 85 they were in POK and stayed there. The other was a level 25 and when upgraded he was still in the lobby.

They all came with the upgrade merc quest already in quest list that required you to go to Feerrott but does not start you IN Feerrott.

What people are overlooking is that the new server is not a boost to heroic but it is already a heroic and the starting zone as such will begin in the House of Thule version of the Feerrott (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/miragul-heroic-progression-server-faq.260187/)

I could not find the quoted Ngreth post - a link to it would be nice. I think he may have meant that when HOT first came out it was linked to Underfoot in the manner that the Tier 1 difficulty was equivalent to Underfoot's Tier 8 and tier 2 was Underfoot's Tier 9. (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:House_of_Thule_Overview)
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ah the heroics I have created have all started in HoT, but I created fresh chars not upgrades and proberbly stil had it set to starting in the tutorial, which she wouldn' have been to big for.
  8. Banne Lorekeeper

No one said underfoot FYI
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think they were talking about the first post where it references Underfoot- ;)

Historically, Heroic characters have unlocked in Call of the Forsaken. In a recent post by Ngreth, the upcoming live expansion has a purchasable option that boosts a character to heroic status, indicated it's locked to Underfoot.
    Ngreth Thergn said:
    Level 85 Heroic Character Boost - Locked to Underfoot
    Can we have the COTF unlock for heroics requirement be moved to a prior expansion? I think matching it to either House of Thule (Similarly to Miragul's) or Veil of Alaris is appropriate, enough that it does not diminish the value of existing characters on any TLP servers that move through the content.
  10. That0neguy Augur

How many of these would they sell? 50? How much work would it take for a dev to move the unlock and make sure that everything works properly? Doubt the cost justification is there.
  11. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I'd guess most of the legwork is already done with Miraguls launching with this enabled, I'd imagine it wouldn't be more work otherwise in comparison to the extended target change they did that was automatically enabled for everyone above level 20 (Underfoot feature originally).

As for fiscal gain, I'd imagine every server that hits COTF with active guilds will have people roll heroic characters. Making this feature available earlier would extend the general subscriptions of remaining players on the server by encouraging a healthier population, and making it easier to catch up. I think making tradeable tokens that enable players to gift the boost to others would be good too! (Not just linked to the edition with a one time boost)
    SunDrake likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like OP idea a lot .

And for next TLP I think they should do it too.

TLP v3.0

3/2 unlock schedule
    start at either classic or up to luclin open
    AoC
    51/50 with Planes of Power Unlock
    70 defiant geared autogrant to DoDH available with unlock of TSS
    85 Heroic available with HoT unlock
    100 Hero available with EoK unlock

truebox & non-truebox iterations of the above - consider Free Trade option on one

My ideal New TLP would also include every race & class combination available to live servers in at the very start of the new TLP server though I realise that would take some additional work the devs may not be able to schedule.
  13. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Lets hope this is the case and the devs consider unlocking the heroics early.