Torment of Velious Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dovhesi, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Endaar Augur

I can't say definitively if ToFS 3 is beatable in its current state, but it is clearly not finished or tuned. As of last night dialog wasn't even in place.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. Kaponen Lorekeeper

It kinda feels like you are having an argument with yourself Whulf!...The removal of keys for tiered progression in no way equals easier endgame kills or fights, so I hope no one is assuming that. Many guilds will still beat their heads against T2 and T3 raids for weeks if not months I'm sure. Prathun hinted this year that ToV's final raid wouldn't be QUITE as hard as Mearatas, but it'd still be very challenging..and even the #1 guild took a considerable # of attempts to beat it. I'm sure AoW won't be a walk in the park for anyone on T3 release day
  3. Bahdah Augur

Kontra, please
    Kaponen likes this.
  4. Astral64 Augur

5. Zippie Journeyman

Personally, I think this is the best move I have seen DBG make for Everquest when it comes to new content.

This is precisely what FFXIV does with their content, and it works out great because there is no back flagging, and you have time to work on other things like crafting, alts, etc while waiting on the next content push.
  6. Triconix Augur

Releasing expansions during the holidays was always an ill-fated decision. Requiring guilds and players to raid during this time for any chance to compete is nonsense. The people that prioritize a game over family, friends, work, etc will obviously win that. This can obviously be said for people who raid exact lockouts. Honestly, how many people are going to wake up in the middle of the night to raid in order to keep their edge over everyone else? The answer is simple: very few. If people actually need that in the game to feel good about themselves, they have other larger issues to work out.
  7. TheStugots Augur

So anyone who has different priorities than you has large issues they need to work out?? I’m not even a raider, but that’s asinine to say.
    -----Cinexa----- and Jondalar like this.
  8. Triconix Augur

If a person requires a ranking shown in computer pixels to have a sense of accomplishment or self-worth, then that's an issue. That's not just because they differ from mine. What happens when the game ends? Their sense of self is completely gone. It's like those lunatics on the documentary Behind The Curve breaking all family and friend ties because they believe the Earth is flat.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Look man, some of us just want any excuse possible to minimize our engagement with our extended families!
  10. Zippie Journeyman

LOL I hear that. I can relate to what he Pika is saying though because I have been there before where I had to choose between spending the holidays with my family or playing the game. In the end, I chose my family, and the guild leader told me to get lost because I was holding them back.

Just like as a dev already said here, you aren't "forced" to play the game, but the fact that it can be done in that time period, most will force themselves to do so. And, anybody that doesn't force themselves to do it is cast out. I'm really glad that DBG is saving us from ourselves for once.
    Redemption likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

if a guild leader ever told me to get lost cause I couldnt raid (which I don't ) because id rather spend it with my family then that is a guild i would not want to be in , in the first place..

that is 1 of the reasons I don't raid is cause most Raiding guilds demand 90% attendance . I play at odd hours and I have R/L as well .. and the raiding days are mostly during the days I work ..
    Zippie likes this.
  12. Raptour_MT Elder

I am for anything that pisses off the so called "elite" guilds who consider themselves in the top 5. So delay away :)
    Redemption likes this.
  13. Sancus Augur

What a poor attitude to have towards other human beings.
    Endaar, Thoxsel, Axxius and 4 others like this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What guild is that? Never been in one, and I've been in RoI for 6 years, was in Triality for 5 years, and was in a few other raid guilds before that. I'm sure there have been guilds like that, but that is not typical.

I think most guilds ask for 70-75% range to be eligible for loot.
    Jondalar likes this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And think, a year ago he posted about how the community had become toxic...irony.
    Jondalar likes this.
  16. Qwestwic Augur

This change LOL

[IMG]
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Can't fault you for that!

Fortunately, I'm hanging out with the fun side of my family (aka my wife's side) for the holidays this year!
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I like the change, personally. *shrug*
    Redemption and Yinla like this.
  19. Axxius Augur

Releasing an expansion in November-December is good for marketing/sales/revenue. As well as casual players. That definitely takes priority over the raiding guilds' scheduling problems. And delaying the start of the raiding season actually solves a whole lot of problems. Less pressure on the raiders and the devs. I'm totally fine with the delayed T1 unlock.

What I'm not fine with is the rest of it. I fail to see a reason for T2 and T3 raids to unlock in the same manner as T1. Flagging gives raiding guilds an incentive to do all content, and it rewards consistency. IMO the removal of flagging is a mistake.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  20. Derd Augur

Removing flagging means guilds can try any raid, see if they can beat it and that in no way harms anyone in anyway. I know many of you wish all the lesser guilds would just die off, and who knows we all may. But let it be because we fail not because of how arbitrarily hard t1 vs t2 vs t3 is. Even those that steamroll every raid has to acknowledge dbg and earlier soe have been terrible in making raid difficulty linear.
    Redemption likes this.