TLP - Finding a home.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silver-Crow, Oct 31, 2019.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Only 2 servers are always high pop.

Mangler - newest TLP without a stupid ruleset like selo (low pop always now)
    FV - Duh the only live server that is high pop.

Low pop = under 500, maybe 600
    Medium pop is like 500 - 1500
    high pop is above 1250, 1500 +
  2. That0neguy Augur

I love when people post numbers that feel right to them.
    Machen likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I do think the large number of relatively low population servers should concern Daybreak but they have created the situation so any remedy is their's too, unless players take it upon themselves to organise & pick a server to move en-masse to.

Who knows maybe Miragul will reduce some of the fracturing if enough people choose to congregate there. The main thing is most servers will have players who have invested so much time into their characters there that moving will feel like a massive step backwards.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

ya understand trends and ranges right?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/server-populations-june-2014-edition.211891/

I'll say estimate as my best guess having traders on 24/7 that monitor every available chat channel and unique names and just trying to get to every zone to count quickly.

I'm 90% sure 501 and below is low
    600 and under to be 99% safe

Medium is hard to estimate with trends and numbers best guess 1250 -1500 is where it crosses to high pop.

I'd wager 5krono those guesses above are within 20% of the real numbers.
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

Of course these figures are always subject to change in the background.
    I always take these with a pinch of salt, as I'm pretty sure I've seen a low population jump to medium over the years, with no discernible change to the numbers in the chat channels.

The only real test is to actually log in to a server and see who's around.
  6. Machen New Member

I can confirm the numbers have changed some. Not sure why but five or six years ago it was normal to see a server at medium pop with 250 in general chat, high pop with 350+. Now 350 in gen chat is still low pop. Possibly there has been a change in % of people to opt out of general channels, but I doubt it.
  7. Drelk Dedrath Mechanix

8. Hdizzle Augur

Come on man, you know what i'm talking about when I say if Ragefire had AoCs.
  9. Hdizzle Augur

OK : )
  10. Silver-Crow Augur

Miragul has been out for a while now, and i suspect a few are having second thoughts about playing there.

If you are, there are several great guilds on Phinny waiting to welcome you :)
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well Phinny still kicking it.

RoF Beaten by three guilds with the 4th not far behind.

I think it will be very interesting to see if Miragul beats VoA.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Happy Birthday Phinigel.
    Starr and Machen like this.
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

Phinigel is in a great spot, the server just needs more incentive for people to return and play.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Once CoTF unlocks & thus the option for Heroic Characters I think it will have the last incentive DBG will give it, all that remains is for the current Phinigel population to be actively recruiting for their guilds & promoting the server wherever they can (e.g. Social Media, forums etc.).

Anyone still here who has friends / guildies that used to play should encourage them to return, the remaining players are as a whole very helpful to returners & players moving here from elsewhere.

The guild I'm in offers a DKP incentive to new players who wish to be raiders once they pass a short trial & are welcome join as friends & family members while they level up.
  15. Machen New Member

Personally I'm done with truebox. Tired of needing three computers on my desk to accomplish anything by myself. I can live with it in the early expansions where your characters don't each have much to do, but post TSS, no thanks. And last time I tried to return to Phinigel, about six months ago, while people were nice about getting me into groups once I was in grouping range, and would let me come loot rotting gear, no one was going out of their way to run progression missions for me, or help me farm augs and gear. And this isn't criticism, it's just the facts--it's a TON of work to get someone fully up to speed.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Best time to come back to any TLP is right after a new Expansions unlocks - especially if you are within 5-10 levels of the content already, groups are a lot more likely then.

The above said, post 85 I do agree that it gets a bit tougher, and help will be needed if you aren't a boxer, so I won't try to gloss that over & running older progression tasks is unlikely to happen as those at max level already ran them ad nauseum probably, but getting augments is usually done best from whatever the current expansion is, not quite as easy for tanks but then gearing them on augs was always a lot more work.

I have myself ran through older progression for friends & former guildies who returned to the game after a break, outfitted them with solid group gear to make them feel less crappy & even farmed augs with them, I can't speak for other guilds of course but my own is really good about stuff like that & we always have a ton of tradeable group gear (and, since RoF unlocked, collectables - which aid in catching up on AA) in our guild bank to help out new or returning players get back into the swing of things & often help those who are coming back or coming here from elsewhere with XP - it isn't just me doing that either.

For example in the current expansion on Phinigel, RoF, it is actually possible to get Tier 1 RoF progression tasks at 85 so you could easily skip HoT & VoA and get straight into RoF which also has several augments from partisan, mercenary & heroic group mission completions & some of the other augs are relatively simple farming exercises.

I do understand where players who don't like Truebox are coming from if they are much more used to boxing from a single PC, or prefer that, personally I prefer to Truebox even this late in the game & I have done it from one pc too, but then I was able to modify my living room to suit myself & my family were completely fine with it as they are used to my hobby after 20 years of it.

I will assume you are a US timezone player, but had you been EU timezone I would be only too happy to give you a leg up on getting back into raiding shape, I do however also play late into the night fairly often so if you ever do think about coming back & see me around drop me a tell & I'll see what I can do to help you.
  17. Machen New Member

For what it's worth, the experience I described was with your guild, playing a needed class.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Then let me say sorry if you were not helped as much as I/we could have.
    Out of interest what was your character's name?
  19. Machen New Member

It wasn't an issue because I boxed, so I could get my progression etc done myself. But there's no way I could have made it to raid ready without boxing, and as I said, boxing on truebox that late into the expansions is no fun for me.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would say that perhaps you trying to go it alone in catching up was a little too ambitious, I have always had a "do it for myself" mentality so I totally get that, but you definitely could be raid ready in a reasonable time-frame with some help from the rest of the guild, we really don't expect people to make it completely under their own steam & there definitely is help available.

Once you have a Main at the max level & in raid gear it becomes exponentially easier to get your boxes caught up & then have them in solid group gear for each expansion, which does makes boxing more fun & less of a chore.
    I find at this stage of the game though that I keep boxing to the Partisan & Mercenary tasks, completing the group missions is not trivial even for 6 real players due to the mechanics so I simply do those as a conventional group as boxing them requires a hard check on micromanaging a lot of different aspects.