Torment of Velious Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dovhesi, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Thee only guild I could see beasting it up.. an climbing big time would be CT.. if they have fully rebuilt after that whole ergon mess..
  2. Jalelorf Augur

Quit releasing expansions during the holidays. Get raids, hell even content, done right the first time.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I like having new EQ content while I am on holiday.
    Zippie, Mintalie and Svann2 like this.
  4. Endaar Augur

The problem is that this is only true if the raids (at least T3) are difficult.

I'm not aware if anyone tracked GMM progress, but it seems safe to say that quite a few top 10 guilds beat all three GMM raids within a day or so of them going live. RoV beat both GMM1 and GMM2 on our first attempt, and would have beaten GMM3 our first try as well were it not for the script bugging out with the chopper in the sky. Three times. We downed GMM3 the next night.

The benefit of keying from a race perspective is it rewards consistency. The guilds that not only can beat an event occasionally, but can beat it repeatedly and efficiently build up an advantage over those who can beat an event on a "good" night but not every time.

Any solid top 10 guild is going to beat a fairly simple event without too much difficulty, so easy T3 raids will likely just mean that most of us beat them within a couple days (or hours) of each other, depending largely on who decides to raid on the night of release rather than stick to their normal schedule.
    Mintalie likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

Thats the thing. The raids are not going to get easier moving forward in ToV, they will absolutely be getting harder.

Those same guilds who struggle with bad tanks .. weak dps .. lack of CC abilities .. not enough #'s .. poor performance by their raid forces ..

Those are all intrinsic to those raid forces, an have zero anything to do with keying..

Sure they might be a great night of performance for those guilds on T1 raids. My money's on it wont help..

I for 1 am very much looking forward to seeing whos right. My theory .. or everyone else's theory that ZERO keying .. per tier .. will change the top 10 massively..
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't think the top 10 will change a lot, if at all, but I do expect the 11+ to beat content sooner, simply because they have removed the keying.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

There IS something to be said for releasing expansions in Mid-January.
    -R
  8. blood & gufts Augur

This feels so wrong for me. Why is that, because this is not a race anymore, a proper race.

How do I define a race: A race where people start from beginning and run through the end, in 1 stretch. A start and a finish.

Now we going to have a relay race, and at each relay we start over.

If I were in a raid guild and wanted to be sure we won final raid. Then I would concentrate on final 3 raids during beta, and ignore the other raids. These are the only that are important. And if final raid is in instance of its own, just concentrate on it

The other raids, well there is live, there plenty of time, so I can win those there, but they really means a lot less, and there no need to win, because no flags.

So for the next 6 weeks, 1 day to win tbl raids, 4-6 days beta raids. I would ofc repeat the wins, because there likely to come changes during that time,
    Do last 3 raids til they on my backbone.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I keep seeing some false equivalence between a race of raiding lockouts vs a race of beating tough content.

Race with trivial content where the victor wins by raiding lockouts and the top 5-10 guilds beat the final boss within hours of unlocking it:
    [IMG]

A race with difficult content where the top 5 guilds are separated by weeks, not days or hours.
    [IMG]
    Axxius, Whulfgar and sojero like this.
  10. Kaponen Lorekeeper

Blood&Gutts you have a valid point. If all you care about is winning the expansion race, the last T3 race is all you really need to run over and over on beta, and just pray to God your raidforce can stumble through the T1 and T2 raid content in the 2 months afforded before T3 raid content unlocks on live. That would be a really stupid way of preparing, but you could technically do it yes. (it'd make more sense to focus on that raid, yet still prepare/look at the other t1/2 raids til' the point of being comfortable with them)

Kontra
  11. Mintalie Augur

Exactly this.
  12. Dangdangx New Member

What guild are the devs taking to T3 in beta? Pretty simple to see what's coming down the pipe.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Kaponen Lorekeeper

In the past they always mixed it up iirc...multiple guilds from all different rankings were allowed to test endgame content, not just exclusively the top few guilds. Unless I'm way off base, they usually don't even tell you what you are testing until the night of, or maybe I just wasn't privy to the info, who knows. (not to mention the fact that all the raids are open to all guilds anyways once they are all in the beta, just minus a dev being with you)
  14. Warpeace Augur

Can we just remove all artificial blocks for raids? Waiting for X keys was bad enough and did nothing besides drag things out. Only allowing so much content to be accessed per month on launch is even worse. Same thing different mechanism, players didn't like it before so why should we like that now?

If you want some form of flagging make all participants do the requires Merc and Part quest lines to participate. Really all it should take. Want to make it difficult include the heroic tasks?
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Given the choice of Flags or time locked, I'll go for time locked everytime, especially 4 weeks V 7 weeks.
    Xanathol likes this.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Good to see new ideas being created and acted on by daybreak.
    Xanathol likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

ToFS = T3.

Yall already ran the first 2, and lost the 3rd. So yall already ahead of the curve.
  18. Sancus Augur

No. Velks and Kael are T3. ToFS is T2.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

This is what I was hinting at..

There are some on this very thread .. who think that just because the progression to get the raids is gone, an all are able to get all raids .. after 3 months of it being released ..

Equal's .. they actually have the same chance as RoI to beat any / all content in ToV.. JUST .. because no key's are required to farm..

Go back an read the thread MANY MANY MANY .. people actually think this..

A lot of people's raid forces are in for a YHUGE .. awakening.. when that 2nd tier an 3rd tier raids are unlocked via time unlocks ..

Just because guilds 12-35.. rank wise .. are able to "Get" .. T2 an T3 raids ..an get your raid force into the instance..

Does not mean the raids going to simply roll over for you.

If your force had a hard time with EoK , RoS, TBL .. they will have just as EQUALLY hard / difficult road for the very same reasons .. in ToV .. as they had in those prior expansions..

Being able to request T2 /. T3 raids .. does not mean you WILL beat them.. especially with the ease an quickness a lot of folks on here .. are thinking they will..

But as I said before I can not WAIT .. I've saved this very thread .. because when it is released .. an some hit that T2 bottle neck ..

I'll be feeding them THIS VERY THREAD .. to prove what I said .. versus what THEY .. said ..
  20. Maedhros High King

What is your point?
    Of course many guilds will still not be able to beat a lot or possibly any of the raids. I don't believe anyone has said eliminating the flagging is somehow tantamount to beating all the raids.
    Not having to deal with the flagging does not make other guilds equal to ROI and nobody is claiming that.
    Yinla likes this.