Miragul. Boom town?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Jontrann Augur

You guys are absolutely if you think this server will have any long term potential. I told you guys last year when coirnav was announced to skip it because it won't last and look what happened...... People got suckered into buying bags / xp pots on that server and then as soon as mangler/selos dropped it completely died and the same thing is going to happen with miragul. Who is this server even for? It's not your nolstagic classic players nor is it for the racing crowd because they are on selos. The ONLY people interested in this server is the "FRESH" crowd that goes to EVERY new server. Enjoy it while it lasts because as soon as feb/march rolls around and a new tlp is announced your server will be dead and you can quote me on that.

Worst Case Miragul Scenario: People just use it to test classes before rolling on live, server dies out within a month.

Best Case Miragul Scenario: Server lasts till march of 2020 till coirnav 4.0 is released and then the server dies.

TLDR: If you want to play on Miragul more power to you but don't go into it expecting the server to last.
  2. ntellect Augur

So you have no idea who this server is for but you already predict its lifespan based on your own view? Ok if that works for you.

This server is for people who dont want to play classic (again) or start at 1 and would rather start in a later era with an already max level character. So we dont want to play on classic TLP 4.0. More quality of life and diversity in how to level other than grinding mobs.

If you cant see life in that, then you cant speak for the entire playerbase
    Dagenfehl and Delphwind like this.
  3. Trex Journeyman

The I told you line lost me..I mean that just shows an I'm superior, your not complex. Buying bags and XP pots werent a waste for those who used them for a few expansions. Just because the server doesnt make it to live IMO doesn't make it a failure. This new server is starting in HoT and will only have 9 (10 with new one) expansions to conquer. If I play on it and only make it through 2 or 3 expansions ...then I already win IMO. I've never seen them so its a win for me either way. If the server never makes it to live...who cares? People pay 50$ all the time to play a single player game they beat and never touch again. Sometimes that game only last a few days till it's complete. Spending 6 months on a server having fun...not sure where money is being wasted. Pretty sure that is the opposite of waste. Bags/XP pots and subscription (which gives you xp pots for free as a pop up when you spend points)...to use for 6months is a good use of cash IMO. I blow more then that going to a movie with a family of four.

P.S. I am playing the server because I want to see the expansions I missed, not because I play every TLP.
    Dagenfehl, Skuz, code-zero and 2 others like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This server hasn't been done before.
    This server is for a new kind of TLP player, which you obviously are not.
    This server is for those who don't want to restart at level 1 and reset every year to rince and repeat.
    This server I'm sure will do just fine for its target audience.

There are players all the time coming back to EQ who don't want to start at level 1 but cannot catch up on live servers. This server is for them. There has been a few posts on the boards just this week from returning players.

Personally I don't fancy a Velious expansion again so I'm jumping from live to Miragul. On this server I get to start out with a fleshed out level 85 char instead of having to grind from level 1, yeah ok it won't take too long to get to level 85 but it is the other things that an heroic char comes with that saves a lot of time. Things like MPG trials being complete, 4/5 DON achievments complete (just need to kill Vish, faction is set at ally).

I love the House of Thule expansion and I think it is the best revamp of old zones they have ever done. Really looking forward to playing on this server with a new guild and a new bunch of players. And having some fun, cause at the end of the day that is what makes people play, fun :)
    Delphwind likes this.
  5. Montag Augur

Agnarr is actually doing pretty darn well for it's age. Still four big guilds raiding Time and LDoNs weekly. At least one guild doing all the lesser content plus time and LDONS and backflagging.

A healthy euro schedule guild. Lower level groups aren't booming but you can usually find someone to group with at any level if you're patient and lots of established players and guilds willing to help people catch up.

So yeah it's pretty decent tbh.
  6. taliefer Augur

Miragul is pretty obviously targeted at people who enjoy the modern EQ gameplay, want a new server but dont want to start in archaic eq classic.

wether or not theres a large number of people who want that, guess we'll find out. but i dont think its hard to see who its aimed at.
    Dagenfehl and Yinla like this.
  7. Drayman Elder

And this is why I am excited about it. Live has been a ghost town for several years and the content makes the current end game an uphill slog that is just not fun for a casual player.

I don't want to have to 6 box to succeed. A server with lots of players in the same level range, doing the same content and who most likely wont be running box armies, sounds like a good time.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  8. Bankheadz New Member

COTF makes catching up orders of magnitude easier.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. code-zero Augur

This whole, "100's aren't going to want 85's in a group" makes me realize that there's an entirely different culture in TLP and it's nowhere nearly as laid back and as fun as the live servers where "everyone is boxing".

Of course it's not the only culture on TLP, it couldn't be, but not adding a guildie who's a lower level so they can soak up some XP is ridiculous. It certainly doesn't sound like TLP is very forgiving or friendly from the naysayers here
  10. Machen New Member

I didn't say anything about adding a guildie. There has to be guilds in order for there to be guildies to add.

On Fippy, when we were in the level range in question, we were the only guild on the server. We literally powerleveled every single player that logged in and showed the smallest interest in leveling up and joining us. What we found is that for every 10 players that we spent days and days plvling and getting raid ready, we'd be lucky to have one still playing on the server a month later. It turns out when people just hand you a level 85 character with no work on your part, people tend to not be very invested.

I have no doubt there will be a similar situation on Miragul in six months, with one guild desparate to grab any new player, and willing to group with them. I suspect they will find, as we did, it gets old quick spending all that time and energy helping people to level who will not end up sticking around.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  11. Montag Augur

I dunno man. Coirnav was obviously a fail, but returning players being able to start at 85 is gonna be a big draw long term I think.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its not a hardship to grab a lower level char if there is space in a group and helping them level. You make it sound like a chore. There will only be a 10 - 15 level difference so they can join anything the group is already doing or planning to do.

Last double exp on AB we invited players in general chat to join us, and got a level 87 bard, the rest of us were 108 - 110, no one in the group knew them, but it is always nicer to fill a group without mercs than to leave players LFG regardless of level. They got some extra levels and we gained an extra friend.

In 6 months time we will be just unlocking Rain of Fear which is another intersting expansion which from my memory wasn't too hard, Shards Landing was like candyland with lots of names and trash loot. 3 months after that we get Call of the Forsaken, taking lower level chars through the HAs would be excellent exp for them, but also good AA for anyone else in the group.

I expect Miragul to be easy to catch up on for around a year. Once it hits The Darkened Sea with locked zones things become a little harder for everyone if players haven't done progression. But a year is a long way off many things could change between now and then. I'm hoping the removal of progression to request raids and the removal of keys in raids in Torment of Velious is a success and that they decide to remove the need for progression and keys from previous expansions......we can live in hope.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Laronk Augur

It's way different playing with someone who is only 10 levels behind you and has useable gear than deal with a level 1 that is useless and needs a PL to 85
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  14. Montag Augur

Yup.
  15. Machen New Member

It really isn't. Both the guy plvled into leveling range and the guy who is 85 with heroic gear will do approximately the same % of dps on mobs the level 95 is killing. Both will die to all the ae's.
  16. -HT- New Member

I think his point was more that you save 85 levels of poweleveling and gearing than that they’d be different once the level 1 got there.
  17. Machen New Member

The 85 levels of powerleveling takes a tiny fraction of the time it takes to go 85-95. Yes, it is a times savings, but not nearly as much as people think.
    Dythan likes this.
  18. -HT- New Member

i dunno man... I think more people will let an underlevelled person join them for exp than will powerlevel someone 85 levels.
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  19. Machen New Member

Leveling yourself with mercs 1-85 takes less time than going 85-95 too...
  20. VandilIzer Augur

Yeah but if you use that time, solo even with a merc its still going to take some hours to get to 85, you can likely get close to 90 and with 2k+ Additional AA's it will make your leveling from 85-90 faster as well for most classes.