Multi Character Inventory Manager - New EQResource Software!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Rorce Augur

I wanted to let you guys know that today we release a project we've been working on for about a year (it's taken the back burner many times!). It's called Multi Character Inventory Manager, or MCIM for short. What this program does is gives EQ players a way to track their inventory across an unlimited number of characters and accounts.

The program monitors your EverQuest directories so that when you perform an "/outputfile inventory" or an "/outputfile realestate" MCIM will detect the files and automatically parse them. It has the ability to monitor multiple directories at the same time, including multiple versions of EQ (Live, Test, Beta). It allows you to search through all your characters inventories using a search phrase and a few basic filters (Tradeskill, Collectible), or to search just particular characters.

We've put together a video showing how to set up the software, and a quick overview of how to get started with it. There's also some screen shots below. The documentation is still a work in progress, but you can find this software and more at https://software.eqresource.com

We hope you guys find this useful, and look forward to your feedback!

Also, I want to give a huge shout out to Greymantle. He put a lot of time and effort into Beta testing and providing feedback / bugs for MCIM. Thanks a lot man!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Maedhros, Sheex, Zaray and 4 others like this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

thats funny you guys post this just when Fanra posted her's ?? EQIR software
  3. Rorce Augur

I think hers was posted a really long time ago, I'm wanting to say a couple years ago? I know she pushed an update to hers today. I've been working hard the past few days to get this project wrapped up so I can put all my focus into the ToV beta. I had no prior knowledge she would be pushing an update today, nor did I even consider it.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The EQ Resource MCIM is clearly far more polished and full of features than my EQIR. You guys seem to have done a great deal of work on it.

I did find if funny that the computer in the video apparently did not get a Premium EQ Resource account as we could see the ads :cool:.

Nice job guys. I'll have to check it out before deciding whether to continue mine or not.

Oh, and mine goes back to 2014. I was just posting about the latest version release.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla and Rorce like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

Where does this MCIM look for the output files ?
    I have hotkeys for /outputfile that place the files in their own subfolder but it appears MCIM just looks in the top level eq folder (or possibly the logs folder?)

If we could specify where these files are it would be great, we could do something like have them on a onedrive share so if we use multiple PCs we could keep the data synchronized.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

thanks I watched the video and if that search can sort Trade-skills and collectibles worth using for one char.
    Rorce likes this.
  7. Rorce Augur

It looks at the base directory, which is where the files go by default. To be honest I wasn't even aware you could specify a different place for them to go. Is that done by command?

I have no problem setting it up so it will look at a custom place.
  8. Angahran Augur

Yes, you can specify a path using the /outputfile command
    e.g.
    Page10Button12Line1=/pause 5,/outputfile inventory ".\logs\outputfile\Angahran's Inventory.txt"
    Rorce likes this.
  9. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Ah, THAT's how the path is used in that command. Thanks for the info :) .

I think these two programs (neither heard of Fanra's EQIR nor of the EQIM since today) will have an impact on Magelo - their (pretty good, though) Inventory feature has now competition.
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

This is a fantastic tool (especially if you are on FV). Any chance the application window could be made expandable?
    Rorce likes this.
  11. Greymantle Augur

Nice to see it go public. Been recomending this to my guildies. Great tool especially for tradeskillers. Been working my artizan's prize up. And have 4 accounts with 10 toons each. So i can search 40 toons to see if any have the parts i need stashed away in a dusty bag in the corner of the bank.
    Schadenfreude and Rorce like this.
  12. Rorce Augur

I've played around with this a bit, it's kind of difficult to set everything up to stretch and shrink in a nice pretty way. I'll see what I can do.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

I've managed to get it to go non-responsive for about 90 seconds by throwing tons of mules and alts at it so you can imagine how many items we're talking about here. I have so many of one particular bracer (it's a common drop on the loot table of an event I farm fairly often) I'm almost to the point of mailing them to random characters of the correct classes and levels to stop them rotting away.
  14. Metanis Bad Company

I also use a custom folder that was shared on my network to save the Output files. Then I would use Notepad++ to open all the text files at once and I could search across all of them. I will be trying this out as my method seems to give my wife trouble.