This is how I see Miragul...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ntellect, Oct 31, 2019.

1. ntellect Augur

Instead of starting off as a baby and learning my spells slowly, which dont get me wrong is great, here I start off as a fleshed out character with a ton of skills. Skills that I can just press in any order I think is cool. Only to make me learn the correct order if I want to progress.

I can travel easily. Know where to get all my spells. And dont have to wait five minutes between fights. I can have a merc to make soloing a bit easier when I dont have a group. I have a story to play through and lore to learn.

All of this with other players running around doing whatever they want. Not knowing who you are going to group with but you know it's going to be fun

Now that's an adventure.
    Rorce, Montag, code-zero and 3 others like this.
  2. Delphwind Augur

Well said, I think its going to be a blast!
    Montag and Yinla like this.
  3. Sumyungguy New Member

The problem with Miragul is going to be people not knowing what to do. A lot of people who play the TLP's never made it to that point in the game, not all players, but a large portion. Having a heroic character with 25+ AA hotkeys, disciplines, and etc, can be rough. And unless your goal is to raid, once you get level 90, only 5 levels after starting, what else do you have to do? I honestly don't see this server doing very well after this first couple of months.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is plenty to do, my todo list gets longer every day the more I think about what I can do to improve my char. From doing tradeskills to collecting clickies to doing epics to preparing for later expansions.

There are plenty of guides around to help players get settled in playing at level 85 and beyond. There is a lot of players who have been there and done that who are more than willing to help out those who don't have a clue how to play at that level.

House of Thule was the first expansion to bring in bags that were bigger than 10 slots, so if you don't want to purchase bags from the bazar you can get some bigger ones from playing the game, admittedly not as big as the ones in the marketplace but significantly bigger than 10 slots.

Anyone who cannot find anything to do after a month isn't progressing their char as much as they can.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not knowing what all those skills and abilities do isn't going to be something insurmountable.

Took about a day to get up & running on live after being gone for 7 years with a newly laid out UI with all the AA & Abilities in useful places on 3 different characters that I started 3 boxing with & gaining xp/levels that same week. I think people are imagining it will be a lot harder that it actually is.

Of course I did have an enormous advantage; I actually read things, reading things is hard for many people.
    VandilIzer, Yinla and Meridian like this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

The biggest problem with miragul is that it's not phinny.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Stagentti Augur

You started at lvl 1.

Not lvl 85.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You made an assumption there, when I came back after that long break I did actually start with 3 heroic characters on a live server, I didn't start over from level 1.

Later I did try the TLP thing first on Ragefire then again on Phinigel.
    Yinla and Meridian like this.
  9. Stagentti Augur

My bad. Which expansion did you quit during?
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I quit playing live the first time just prior to Seeds of Destruction launch in October of 2008 (beta tested it some).

I did log into live briefly in March 2014 to claim the free Heroic characters I could (friend had told me about them) but properly returned in February 2015 I then moved onto Ragefire at the start of Kunark in September, quit Ragefire & went back to live at the end of Velious & moved to Phinigel when GoD unlocked there July 2017.
  11. Stagentti Augur

So you at least had the benefit of playing the game up to lvl 80, even if there were changes obviously since then.

Big advantage over the people he's talking about.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I had genuinely forgotten just about everything by the time I came back, I could recall memories of the game of course, landmarks, raid bosses a few class abilities they didn't really equip me for what an 85 Heroic was all about, it was quite overwhelming to begin with.

But learning it all from scratch again wasn't all that hard, just took a lot of reading initially, the sad thing was that a huge amount of the community websites had vanished, no more GoBerserker.com etc. so understanding what disciplines to stack took a while to figure out.
  13. AcemoneyFV Augur

I played from 2001-2008 with no breaks. I quit until a month after VoA was released. I literally had no clue what to do after a huge break, but I still had knowledge of the game. Sure, things changed but the game was still EverQuest. If you have been playing EQ all these years, even on a TLP, it's not hard to figure out what to do. Within my first month I was already caught up. There is so much information out there.

These forums, Allakhazam, other fan made websites, etc... SO MUCH INFORMATION. You say there isn't much to do but also said most of the TLP players never made it this far, meaning they have TONS to do. Literally endless amounts of content!

All of HoT, UF, SoD, so many achievements, items to farm, etc. What do you think MAX Lvl, MAX AA Live players (like myself) do? I go back and try to unlock all achievements I haven't finished. It still takes a long time and getting people to actually want to do them with you. I made my new Character in October last year, I have only finished 5 expansions (100% besides raid achs.), 80% of my Hero's Journey, all of Slayer and some misc. achievements. You'll have plenty to do while also doing current content.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No, your bigest problem with Miragul is it isn't phinny. It is fine for those of us who have decided to play there.
  15. Polekn Augur

The same 3 or 4 people keep posting how fun it is going to be. Good thing mercs are out, you can form a full group.
  16. VandilIzer Augur

The same 3 to 4 people keep posting about how terrible its going to be as well.

Welcome to the EQ forums.
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If there is only 4 of us, just think of how many server first we will have!

A server all to ourselves! Oh what fun! No idiots to deal with who don't know what they are talking about. :)
  18. Kimidri New Member

Hey there hows it going my birthday twin :)
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hello you, miss my fave mage. :)

Which server you on these days?
    Kimidri likes this.
  20. TLP Addict Augur

Will the server have more than one guild? So far not looking great.