5box best comp for Miragul

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Spayce Augur

Thanks. So it sounds pretty much like the 85+ MT game is the same as the pre-85 MT game.
  2. Spayce Augur

If a Bard is good enough to handle the slow/snare duties, then why add a Shaman as the 3rd rather than a Druid? It seems the Druid would offer similar heals as well as travel.

Do healer mercs buff?
  3. Machen New Member

Shaman and Bard both add tremendous amounts of ADPS to melee characters. They stack very, very well. Druids offer far more synergy for casters. So if you are aiming for a melee group, you want bard/shm. If you are aiming for a caster group, you want ench/dru or ench/clr.
    Yinla and Ratakop like this.
  4. Spayce Augur

Seems reasonable. My goal will be have the most useful 3 box on a raid centered around a MT, as well as a powerful 3 box plus 3 merc setup.

Based on what I've gathered from these threads, I'm thinking that means War/Sham/Bard as my raid trio with Healer/Melee/Melee mercs when I'm alone.

I just wish I had travel built in, but hopefully the 85+ expansions are laid out in a hub design like PoP was, making travel a bit less important. Gate potions can also take some of the strain off travel.
  5. Baldur Augur

I don't know why people recommend casters as boxes in this era. It's way easier to box melee IMO. Hit 1 button to assist and turn attack on and you're good, autofollow puts them right behind the mob if you do it right.

I 6 box on phinny and run: Pally, Cleric, Monk, Zerker, Bard, Ranger

Melee heavy, wouldn't change it, works great.

If you're only running 5 and only doing old content I would not do a healer and just run a healer merc. I guess you can't run one in old raid content like PoT, but not sure why you want to do that. It will be super easy at 85, just time consuming.

If you do zerker/rogue/ranger you will be able to decap/assassinate/headshot old content, so will speed things up. The zerker decap is the best as it works on any mob under a certain level, so could do 3+ zerkers.
    Machen likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

This. I've done this exact trick for many years. People make it sound like it's a ton of work to move melee characters around, but I can go hours and hours without ever needing to move my rogue, monk, or zerker a step by hand.
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

If only the proc rate were worth a damn. :(
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

If your focus is for raiding, I'd swap the Shaman for a Cleric. The Shaman would be more useful in your group situation but during raids, if you're a MT, you'll be grouped with a Cleric over a Shaman. Unless you're incredible at boxing during raid events, it'll also save you the hassle of having your characters split up into different groups.