Ragefire/Lockjaw: Is it possible to have a vote to remove the current vote system?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MarttinPH, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

Lol @ pretty easy. The devs have wrestled with the voting system ever since it was first implemented, and it has worked correctly barely more than half the time in the entire span that it's been in place. They have made quite a few changes over the years, and it is working much better than it used to. This current blip notwithstanding.
  2. Machen New Member

This. They've responded with major changes to overwhelming feedback in the past, EG the case of bundling GoD on Phinny.

It is significant that in the several threads that have been started on this topic recently, there is not a single player saying "Please keep the voting system, it is what we signed up for and why I am playing on Ragefire/Lockjaw." Not one. Jettison it, start with Fippy.
    jeskola and MarttinPH like this.
  3. Heartland Augur

The forums aren't the only way for players to communicate.
    They'd probably need to initiate a vote on the server to get an idea of who actually wants to remove the vote, but as we all know this is open to manipulation.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

The only time an expansion may not have passed a vote was before Agnarr, when there were a decent amount of people begging for a PoP locked server every year, and were upset not to get one, so then voted against GoD being released. IMO the voting system is just an artifact of earlier iterations of TLPs when there wasn't a place to send the PoP people, the "one month unlock" people, and the 3 / 6 month unlock people. Before there were so many TLPs I can see how it makes sense to just let popular vote decide. There's a veritable deck of cards to choose from now as far as TLPs go.

I also think each iteration of TLPs has improved in execution, I remember GM enforced rotations, officer line suspensions, no pickzones, no AoCs, when OoW? was supposed to launch on Fippy (at midnight) and didn't, and the DoN rock debacle, which I think happened again on a TLP years later.

It would be neat to see other voting questions answered (i.e. turn on/off truebox).
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I don't think I know this story. Please tell me a story!
  6. Machen New Member

It's a good story. When DoN launched on Fippy, for the first twelve hours or so the rock blocking the broodlands was still in place. A surprisingly few number of individuals found a way to squeeze past it, but most everyone was stuck killing the camp guards for faction until the devs made their way into the office and finished having their morning coffee.

Iirc the same thing happened with the rock in CoB when Rain of Fear launched.
  7. Ashian Augur

Correct. The rock in City of Bronze was broken on Rain of Fear launch. However, the guild hall portal worked, so we were still able to get in that way (and buy port spells)!