Miragul. Boom town?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then you don't know live players!

Personally I am not interested in a third run of Velious, so I made the decission when I heard about this server that I was going to be playing on it! I'm not the only one from live feeling this way.

Going back and starting at level 1 is of little interest I've tried a couple of TLPs but not got much beyond level 20. But going back to level 85 in a good expansion is a different matter, especially with friends. :)

Time will tell what will happen with this server.
    Vindar and Delphwind like this.
  2. Delphwind Augur

I hope you are right. I plan on playing on Miragul for quite a while. This is the one section of the game I have never seen and can't wait to go through HoT and the following expansions.

Most people that post in this TLP forum are more attune to Classic EQ (classic through PoP) and did not like the direction the game ended up going in. However I know there are some that do enjoy the more advanced play style, scripted raid encounters, tiers of gear, and a plethora of buttons to press. Also I believe there is a small(ish) community that play on Live that will enjoy going through HoT and beyond, either again, or for the first time if they missed it.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

open trade loot isnt pay 2 win. it's pay to skip the gear grind inasmuch as heroics is pay to skip the exp grind (or was, except heroics are free on this server). In fact, buying loot by definition cannot win as you are still going to be behind whoever sold it to you.
  4. Delphwind Augur

I would be a fan of live IF it were Truebox. This is the primary reason I refuse to play on live, because EVERYONE boxes, its out of control. Any guild you join will be made up of 10-20 people all playing 2-4 characters.

I do agree with you that *most* TLP players are not interested in content beyond PoP-OoW, because the game does change pretty drastically after that point. However I feel there is a community within the TLP community that WANTS to play beyond, but can't because those servers dwindle and die when the next series of TLPS launch. Even if Miragul only lasts for one year (until the next TLP launches) it will be one hell of a fun ride for those of us that really want to see this content (without box armies).
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Hinastorm86 Augur

Everyone seems to have a different definition of P2w, but in an mmo where getting better and better gear is generally the goal, it fits my personal definition of p2w.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

I am defining p2w as actually winning: getting better gear than others. By that definition you probably are not getting better than what the people selling to you have already gotten. Of course you are getting better gear than others who aren't even trying or buying, but that's still not winning because there are still those ahead of you.

If we are defining p2w as any improvement to your character at all that is facilitated or accelerated through paying, then p2w already exists at huge level, especially with exp pots and heroics (although on miragul heroics are built in not paid).

Even if we define p2w that way, why allow it for exp gain but not for gear gain?

Krono are Daybreak approved anyway, and the majority of TLPs are classic starts with lots of tradeable loot, so historically they've all been heavy p2w on gear too. If you define that as P2W, at least.
  7. ntellect Augur

I'm on a live server and I'm leaving FV to join Miragul as my main server. I think you are just saying how you feel versus having evidence that backs up what you say.

You cant speak for an entire player base
    Yinla likes this.
  8. ntellect Augur

Is that seriously the only scenario that you can think of for this situation? I'd say that's limited at best. Giving people the ability to group longer will increase grouping more so than someone who has to catch up from level 1.
  9. ntellect Augur

It provides an opportunity that's not there now. You are also assuming the community on the server is predisposed to people who want to rush to max level and be selfish. There are generous players out there who will play with fresh 85s. Just like there will be people who box. And people who will just try out an 85. EQ has a varied playerbase in views and age.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  10. ntellect Augur

Funny. I am a live player on FV leaving for Miragul. I dont agree with any of this. So how does your logic work?
  11. ntellect Augur

One. Agnarr is a classic server. The Era matters because Mitagul passes alot of the stuff in classic and that's a plus. Two a 65 cant actually group with a level even if that wanted to. So the situation is different.

How do you know who wants want in a group? You have no idea how this is going to play out and it has just an equal chance of being the exact opposite.
  12. ntellect Augur

I want to play EQ. I dont want to grind from 1 to 85. Starting at 85 is a bigger difference than you think.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

[IMG]
  14. Machen New Member

You are right, we are all just guessing.

But I've several times played through content where level 95 was the max level, both on live, and again on Fippy. In both those situations, I never saw level 85's invited to level 95 groups. I've also been a level 85 recently on Phinny at max level 95, and also didn't get invited to any groups other than pity guild groups (where I was basically worthless and didn't contribute nearly as much as a merc.)

We are all just guessing, but my highly informed guess is that there will be no mystical nirvana of endless groups for level 85's after the server is six months old.
  15. VandilIzer Augur

That's probably true, there wont be a grouping nirvana in 6 months, but I personally will be far more willing to PL / group with someone new / returning to the game since they are 85 immediately and I don't have to invest time and effort to get them to the level where I gain EXP while helping them.

I have spent many hours PLing new people from level 1, most recently a month ago with someone I talked into trying EQ again, or those who quit during the 70's run and we slapped them in group with us and just did normal EXP. I much prefer the slap in group method.

Yes there won't be people taking in random general chat 85's when they are 95 who arent in their guild or that they know, but if someone joined my guild I would take them along and help them level / flag. At the same time I know people who wouldn't, we all play this game for different reasons, to your point it would be the rarity for someone to take low level people into their groups, but that doesn't mean it wont happen or that being 85 won't make that way easier to accommodate even as we hit 95, 100, 105 etc.
    Montag likes this.
  16. enclee Augur

The more I think about this server the more I like the concept of how close new characters are to the rest of the population. I think that’ll be overall good for the server longevity. The problem I think though is that post-85 content doesn’t have the depth of earlier content. I think the 65-70 era is probably EQs best.
    Montag likes this.
  17. VandilIzer Augur

Have you played the 85+ content? Because I feel like the opposite is true, at least in HoThule. It is obviously a personal choice but GoD doesn't have much group content or depth, Omens has MPG trials and some gear/aug farming as well as signets for grouping and AA/levels but not a ton of it. The 70's run of DoN, no AA's content done in days, DoDH, has group missions and some fun stuff as well as a few hundred AA's but mostly its DSK flag then Demi and PoR is just... awful. It has no AA's no levels, the only group stuff is getting a few spells from the skins / missions that take minimal time.

On the contrary SoD has merc quests, 5 levels, couple hundred AA's, missions in every zone for group content as well as a bunch of stuff to farm. UF wasn't amazing but it had group missions again and lots of AA's. Finally Thule has 1000+ AA's for every class, 5 levels, tons of solo missions with partisan and merc quests as well as 10 progression missions to get flagged and a bunch of other side missions.

The post 80 xpacks were all 1 year long and content was put in them to accommodate that.

Having played from classic through VoA on Phinny I can definitely say I have enjoyed SoF and on far more than I enjoyed much of the previous xpacks and I would day even Classic - POP is way better than the 65/70's run of xpacks.
    Ratakop likes this.
  18. enclee Augur

We’ll disagree on those points, I’ve played through all of them except TDS. I felt the 6 month expansions had more content than the annual release expansions.

If you want to argue class development is better at 85+, then I’ll concede that point.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Miragul will have a weaker start. After all, there is literally just AA to grind... or is there a level grind too?

Either way, there is not much OW, nothing "racey" but all of this speaks to the start. Long term, being able to skip the newbie grind on mature (i.e. absent newbie scene) servers is a huge plus.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

level 90 also comes with House of Thule, so we all can gain 5 levels.

There will be older things player will want to do as well.