DBG Issue Tracker down or gone ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Zanarnar Augur

so was it supposed to be a joke? if so it wasn't funny. I read it as, at best, an offtopic, easily researched honest question; or at worst, a condescending bit of sarcasm. I guess it was the latter ...

Actually on-topic, as the population of EQ players ages, there is another possibility too. (S)He passed away, and the site shut down due to unpaid bills, and DBG has noone to reach out to about it. In any case it's a shame it happened this way, and hopefully they bring that in-house in a similar manner to avoid that happening again. (a forum is OK, but not ideal for something like this. Its better then not having anything though :) )
  2. Horyuken Augur

I don't think you get it. For a person who claims to understand the game let me offer this, once Daybreak commits to a change they will not go back on it. But keep fighting the good fight, best of luck.
  3. Havanap Elder

You’re mistaken, they are synonymous. But the important takeaway from my post was that I’m angry that Daybreak didn’t get their hands on that database, and I think they need to try harder to do so.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Didn't they go back on a scaling change a few years ago? Big complaints. Gribbles and TBM scaling forever got reversed. Just saying.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It had a couple of retunes but never returned to being as good as it was initially.
  6. DarkTexasQA Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

I can promise you that nobody of us died ;-), neither had the population in Everquest anything todo with that decision. The IssueTracker was used for other Games such as H1, PS2 as well.

Thanks for your help on the IssueTracker during the past years!
    -Chris
  7. Tucoh Augur

I'm sticking with this opinion for now:
    Good luck. If you give up on trying to get some $$$ let me know and I can get hosting for it at firesofheaven.org or can otherwise extract the tickets into a format useful for DBG's new bug tracking. This will be helpful to the community and personally helpful to prevent Fanra from pooping on your lawn when he gets around to it.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Love ya man, love y'all over on FoH too.

But giving over data that potentially has personal information to DBG sounds bad, and giving it to the boards known for laughing about doxxing people sounds like an um..really bad idea?

Just sayin' :eek: