Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Crossed out guilds are dead or not doing current content. I know FP is dead and DW is WoW Classic. Don't know who Kings of Agnarr is but according to magelo they got 0 level 75s so i'm just assuming.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

DHS doing current content nowdays?
  3. Levy Journeyman

Plenty of people don't care about Magelo so I don't think that's a good judge of active guilds. I doubt there are even that many Damage people with magelo's that are accurate and up to date. KoA is currently clearly TSS content regularly both Beltron and Lethar 2.0. We are just one big happy family on LJ.
    Kevron and Eangel like this.
  4. Lacka Journeyman

FP has definitely beat TSS.

there are also some smaller guilds still killing things, even though they have not yet beat TSS. WMEQ needs to take a break and eat a healthy snack.
    Eangel likes this.
  5. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

Starting in an expansion where the raid content is all instanced would be favorable, more so if the raid content is only instanced.

I'm currently playing in OoW and the pick number for RSS is 20. Really don't don't see open world being a big problem, especially with the /pick putting you at the zone in (just need to fix /pick as a group to do the same thing - which I'm sure they will).

My personal preference is Free Trade. If they add it, I will play on the new server.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Okay so that's 2 guilds on LJ.
  7. Gesiah Elder

We sure are!
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Solid observations, and I fully agree that having Heroic Characters a little earlier could have really benefited the Phinigel TLP server & any future servers where this was implemented, it makes a lot of sense.
  9. Hdizzle Augur

@devs

Ok so its been a solid work week.. I think the thread is cooling... what did you learn? Do you need more feedback?

Are you going to gut all your TLPS and make a nontruebox / free trade / AoC super server?

I will activate 51 accounts if you make the above server.
  10. Raytheon Augur

As Phinny approaches live, the only thing that could possibly tear me away is:

Mandatory:
    1) Non-truebox
    2) AOCs
    3) Free trade

Nice-to-haves:
    - No MoTM and the like nonsense
    - Post-classic start (Kunark or velious ideally)
    ForumBoss likes this.
  11. jordune Augur

Really like the idea of no motm. That way smaller guilds
    Can do things .
    The idea of having to join. A guild with 200 people is bleh
    The 51/50 idea I really dig
    I like the 4/3 start/unlock idea best
    Boxers aren't gearing 1 ton but many so it takes time
    Aoc and free trade excites me!!
    Ragefire or better xp rate
    I've already designed my 12 box group haha
    Soooooo excited for this
  12. Machen New Member

You don't need 200 people in a guild to do content with motm.

The vast majority of it can be done with ~2-4 groups in era.
  13. Sumyungguy New Member

MotM is mostly a bottle neck for people trying to do content with small numbers. For instance, epic pieces. Taking down Sev for a green scale with 2-3 groups can be a bit rough, so I can see the gripe. Also, going to Hate and killing mini's, or even Maestro, if you do not have a couple groups it is also very rough to do. My personal opinion, I think with MotM, it should be removed after each expansion unlock. So when Kunark releases, remove it from Classic, when Velious releases, remove it from Kunark, and so forth. This helps with guilds catching up, people who want to complete their epic's after Kunark is over, and so forth.

In regard to Miragul, I just made a post in another thread, I personally feel like the server is destined to fail. First of all, there are several people who want something not Truebox, the point of this thread. Then you are going to have a large portion of the TLP player base who have never been that far into the game. So they start out at level 85 with all of these new abilities, a combination of 25+ AA hotkeys, disciplines, and etc. People aren't going to understand what to do, some will learn, and some will give up. Then unless you want to raid, there won't be much to do. You get level 90, which is 5 levels, and then you're at a wall until the next expac. I just have a feeling this server won't do to well overall.

My thoughts on a server would be something like this; Open the server with all expansions up to SoD, this will allow mercenaries. Rather then allowing Heroic characters, allow people to start at the 51/50 setup, and keep this expansion set at for the first 3-4 months, then setup the unlock schedule, every 8-12 weeks. Make this a non-true box server, truebox is just terrible. Have AoC's, pickzones, etc. This will allow people to learn the content, and give them enough time.
  14. Vlahkmaak Augur

Yhea; I might be interested in this with the caveat that the BST class is available from the get go. I want to box a pet group with the option to start at lvl 1.
  15. discordkitty Augur

I'd definitely play on a non-truebox TLP. I don't mind starting back in classic again for a server I will likely stay on going forward, but if it were going to start with some expansions in I would say Velious or Luclin max to start with at launch and 3 months before the next expansion. Hopefully avoid all the krono farmers hoarding stuff people want like GEBs etc and have more players with their boxes rather than farmers and botters running around with their 3rd party programs like every other TLP.

XP rate like Agnarr/Mangler is great, Selo is just too fast in terms of unlocks etc and the interest dies fast. I played on both servers with different sets of friends and now even my Selo group rerolled on Mangler because there just isn't people around much on Selo.

FV loot rules would be nice but not required. AOCs for sure. Would be nice to limit the non-truebox to a max of 6 but that might not be feasible. Get rid of MotM as well.

I'd pay for 4-6 accounts per month if this type of server was available.

16. hearty New Member

I am all for a no box server with FV loot rules. The box teams on Mangler make no sense on a true box server. The lack of needing your fellow man has been sad to watch, there's so many antisocial 1 man armies.
  17. TxAma New Member

I will never play on a true-box server. I don't want to relive the glory days of sitting LFG for hours or soloing for crap xp. I enjoy being able to jump on and fire up my group quickly and get done something done without all the LFG fuss.
    Kevron likes this.
  18. Bardy McFly Augur

The problem with Selo is too little time in era to accomplish expansion goals. The problem with some other TLP is too much grind and lack of ability to catch up or gear up. Krono can’t (easily) gear you up with lots of no-drop as the expansions get further in.

FV ruleset. 10 week unlock. Selo XP rate and one of: drop rate or instance unlock time.

I’m stumbling only on the best start expansion. Classic is a drag for many now, but players tend to drop off post-PoP.

Idc either way with truebox. Boxers will box either way. Maybe start truebox but drop the truebox post-PoP.
  19. jordune Augur

going to say this and it will be a first for me but this is just an idea based on things people have asked for..
    ready ? here it is.,.

make krono nodrop on the new boxable server

why ? just as a road block for the rmt guys.. they will not be able to farm something like the GEB in classic and sell them for 5 kronos on the server.
    will they be able to sell them off line ? yes.
    but Most people ive seen wont go to the 3rd party sites .. its to slow. they are more into the instant gratification feel.

thoughts ??
  20. Laronk Augur

Krono are just a safe way for people to trade in a way that happens anyways. If you made them nodrop on X server then people will just also log a character on server Y and still trade the krono but now there's more risk with the trade. And People do these risky trades already, they trade krono for loot rights and other stuff so trading the krono on a different server for loot rights on this server really isn't much different.
    code-zero likes this.