DBG Issue Tracker down or gone ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Horyuken Augur

Transferring that much data would be negligence. Who is going to review the data being exported? Who is going to remove all the private messages. Who is going to ensure email addresses and PW are not part of the dump. I doubt people at Daybreak have time and that would raise a serious problem if any info did come out after a review on a system they don't even support. Oh I guess some one from the community can defiantly be trusted to do the work right? yeah sure. Oh and if you do it for EQ why not for the other games?

I don't believe anyone in this day and age can advocate for a blind data dump of a database that covers several games and users private details.

Hopefully the database was scrubbed.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sorry, you are incorrect:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217802328-How-do-I-report-a-bug-

There it is, black and white, clear as crystal. Daybreak saying the best way to report bugs is to use the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Actually that would be Dreamweaver who is incorrect. All I did was bold what the 'official' forum mod said.

It certainly wouldn't be first time they made contradictory statements. But I'd treat their most current statement as the stance they're going to take for the foreseeable future.

For whatever reason they want to say it was unofficial, not me.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It was not an official Daybreak platform. But they did say for us to use it. Not only for us to use it, but that it was the "best" way to report bugs.

Yes, they have now said not to use it. And yes, the current stance is not to use it (because we can't).

Sorry, I grabbed your quote instead of someone else's to point out that Daybreak told us to use it.

I believe since Daybreak told us it was the best way to report bugs, that Daybreak has a responsibility to do their best to get the information that was there. Basically, to ask the person with the access to the data to get the data for us.

It is unlikely the data is gone forever, yet. Hosting companies do not usually destroy it immediately. They need to act now before it is.

Heck, if anyone here has the contact information for the people running the DCIT, please contact them. Unless it was just one person and they died with the only password information secret, I don't see why this would be impossible.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I get that many of you are hurt over the enormous amount of effort you put in, only to see it thrown out the window.

I get it from personal experience, of my own treatment by Daybreak.

I spent time and effort on a number of items for the marketplace. In particular I have 5 robes that made it all the way into the game files, they are on your computer right now. But they have never been put on the marketplace.

They said they were going to revitalize the Player Studio, but they were just going to close the third party site for registering, and re-open that too, even better.

5 days after closing new registrations, they completely closed Player Studio for EQ and EQ2. Not only no notice, but they had claimed they were going to revitalize it.

A week or so after that they posted an announcement on EQ2 site only. Never even bothered to say a word to EQ people. 'Cus it's only crusty old me who even cares any longer.

I put in work and love on my robes that sit on all of your computers FOR NOTHING.

I know just what it feels like.

You all are going through the stages of loss.

I'm not your enemy, and you have lost something. I get it.
    adetia likes this.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Havanap Elder

Please see the How do I report a bug page

Please see Dreamweaver's post:

Ahem.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Really man? You're trying way too hard

NOT POSSIBLE is not the same as IMPOSSIBLE.

It was NOT POSSIBLE because of one or more REASONS. IMPOSSIBLE is not possible no matter what reasons.

Do you not understand the difference?

I asked you to read everything so you would see the discussion has gone to the issues of privacy and security as a reason why the database shouldn't and won't be released.

But that would require you to actually read, and comprehend.
  9. Tucoh Augur

If we're at the stage of wild speculation, let me throw my speculation in:

Whomever owns it is looking for $$$ to sell it to DBG.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Just one more possibility, or wild speculation, take your pick.

Reminder everybody, I was the first to say this is a done deal, and there will be no going back on it or getting that data. It's my wild speculation anyway.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

More wild speculation but having a fan run issue tracker for EQ doesn't seem strange. But hearing it was an issue tracker for multiples games sounds a little off to me. Did someone set this up get a bunch of games to start using it for free then later start suggesting they needed financial support to run it once the games had come to rely on it? Dunno. Just a bit of wild speculation.

Personally if it was just done out of love for the games I would have assumed data dumps would have been done for each game once they found someone they could turn it over to.
  12. Tucoh Augur

My guess is that it started as a genuine, "Hey I can do something to help" that may have turned into, "I haven't played a DBG game in a couple years and don't even wnat to deal with handing this data off to someone unless I get some $$$" that became quietly taking the site down when DBG told them:

This is our preferred user bug tracking system:
    [IMG]
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think DBG was very appreciate of the issue tracker and they actually stated IT was their preferred method of tracking issues. (though the cartoon was pretty funny).

I have no idea how the conversation went when they were approached about using it and I don't know if it was just DBG games that were using the issue tracker (can anyone confirm which games were using it). But my first question would be how to ensure continuity of service if the person got tired of running it or could no longer afford what it was costing them and whether they would be willing to pass it on to someone else if they wanted to stop running it. And also what if any financial support would come from DBG. If that wasn't all locked down in advance then it was a silly decision to me to have used it in the first place.

It all sounds like maybe this started as a passion project which became just a work project and someone wanted a work type pay out for doing it. Can't blame the person running it for that. Can't blame DBG for saying it's not in our budget. Just happened.
  14. Horyuken Augur

Hey guys ? IS /TGB down OR is it out of game?! Will it be back ?? I use it
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

/TGB hasn't been a thing since like, September 2018. If you target someone with a group buff and it CAN be cast on their group it WILL be cast. There's a few fringe cases where stuff that was previously /TGB buffable is no longer able to be applied to other groups but these are mostly related to AAs.

Edit: I'm old and my timeline isn't what it used to be.
  16. Horyuken Augur

SO, I guess it's not coming back?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

patch
    September 19, 2018

*** Highlights ***
    - The commands /targetgroupbuff and /tgb have been removed and the behavior is now enabled by default.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Um, guys...while we appreciate the being helpful nature. This is a thread about the bug tracker being gone, Horyuken was not actually asking about /TGB.

Read his reply in the context of the thread.

/TGB isn't coming back and neither is the bug tracker, is the implication.
  19. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Too much outcry for Calico Vah Shir skin prolly
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. Horyuken Augur

:) Thankyou sir !
    MasterMagnus likes this.