Miragul. Boom town?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Montag Augur

We see a lot of negativity on these forums but I'm calling it now. Miragul will be the most successful TLP ever. A huge launch of course, but long term starting at 85 where new chars will always be able to group with max level chars for help catching up will give the best long-term viability.
    Dahaman and Yinla like this.
  2. weebly Journeyman

I think you could be right.

The launch looks like it's going to be relatively small compared to a classic TLP but I bet it has staying power. Joining a classic start TLP after AAs show up is a huge pain. Even selos with the insane XP is still tough for non-boxers.
    Montag likes this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

You can't transfer off Miragul, so it will be DOA as far as fans of Live servers go. It starts in an era that 90% of the TLP fanbase doesn't know or have any interest in exploring, so it will be DOA as far as fans of TLP go.

This ruleset speaks volumes about DBG's lack of ability to accurately read the desires of the customer base that could translate into profit.

This server is destined to be a mutated test server that people roll an 85 on for a class they have never played to check it out, then decide what class they like, and roll on the server they want that has actual guilds and people playing.
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. weebly Journeyman

Maybe -- or maybe it's going to split the live casual population with FV. I could see the advice to newbies becoming "FV if you want to pay to win, Miragul if you want to skip the initial grind".
    Montag likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ever thought that the current TLP players are not the target audience?

There are many players explayers around who have no deisre to start again from scratch, players who quit between House of Thule and The Burning Lands this server will be ideal for them.Many players are sick of going through Classic, Kunark and Velious and would like to see new things.

House of Thule is one of the best expansions EQ has ever created.

Daybreak really need to get themselves on Social media and promote this server the same as they have done for all other TLPs. Att eh moment all we have is the FQA's which doesn't really do much for advertising especially as it has no picutres.
    Montag, Ratakop, Vindar and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ootax Augur

I think it will do pretty good. Not like a Classic TLP server but better than most. It's already taking people away from Phinny and I'm sure selo's will lose some also. Those who stopped playing on live with in the last couple years will probably look into this also. I would think it can be a medium populated server for some time.

No server is going to make everyone happy so you are going to have people complain no matter what. The odd thing is some of the same people complaining about it being truebox are also complaining about no AoC and yet they are still on the forums helping people decide about what character to select, 2 box setup, etc. They wont admit it and may even flat out deny it but a lot of the complainers will be on this server too.

But I do agree with the above about doing some social media posting and email blasts about it. Which for some reason they don't want to do yet.
  7. Machen New Member

Exactly what you all said about Agnarr. There will always be people playing at low levels! With level 65 cap it will always be easy to catch up!

The reality is that once the server reaches level 95 or 100 cap, no one will want 85's in their group, and the 85's won't be able to do the quests/progression in the zones people are playing in anyway. Six months from now you will not be able to roll a new character, put up a LFG message in general chat and get an invite.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. taliefer Augur

I actually give DBG credit for trying something different.

its obvious the standard TLP player isnt their target with this server. they are hoping people that play live will want to relive some older expansions within the more modern game. its not completely unreasonable, its just a different type of nostalgia they are hoping to cash in on. i hope it works, for EQs sake.

Has no interest for me, even thought HoT was a really fun expansion on Fippy. i am hoping (probably foolishly) that mangler makes it there
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The difference with this server compared to any other server is after 6 months everyone will be able to molo to help catch them up if they cannot get groups.
    Montag likes this.
  10. Machen New Member

Amazingly enough, the same is true right now on Phinigel...
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Except you have to grind from level 1.
  12. Machen New Member

I just did this within the past month on Phinigel. The grind level 1-85 took me less time than the grind 85-90. The aa's are a far bigger deal, but in six months Phinigel will have the same autogrant as Miragul, so it won't matter.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

You must work for DBG, because this kind of ill-informed logic is what I would expect from them.

Fans of Live are not interested in being locked behind progression windows starting at HOT. Fans of Live will not tolerate true-box limitations. Fans of Live will not tolerate being bound to this server forever (a big part of Live is the option to pay to move servers, since server merges for population health are a thing of the past).

On the other hand, fans of TLP generally have little interest in EQ beyond OOW/ Epic 2.0. They may venture into new expansions they have never played before in the course of a regular TLP, where they can learn all the stuff they missed, but have zero interest in learning new "Live" content in a restricted environment vs. unrestricted Live.
    Icaen, Oakenblade and Machen like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Miragul will be an interesting experiment. Starting at level 85 people will stay within grouping level range for a long time.
    Drayman likes this.
  15. Xanathol Augur

Actually thought this was a serious post at first - you sly dog you!
  16. code-zero Augur

this^ since the level spread for grouping is capped at 30 levels an 85 can be 5th man in a group of 115's if they're going someplace that's accessible for an 85 and it's guaranteed that he won't be 85 for long.
    No one starting on Miragul will have any issue finding someone that they can group with for a very long time
    If I were coming back it'd be my choice of server. I've played since '99 and have done ever race/class combo in every starting city at one time or another and I really would have no interest in ever playing from lvl 1 again
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Spayce Augur

I look forward to you coming back around when someone calls you out on this prediction in 6 months.

My guess? You'll ghost by then.
  18. Polekn Augur

How will it help anyone? Will you invite a lvl 85 stranger to group doing current 115 content where any AE would one shot them and zone will more likely than not behind a progression wall? Or are you talking about leveling an alt in which case it would take very little effort to PL it to leveling range.
    Xanathol likes this.
  19. Spayce Augur

I doubt 100+ folks will be grouping with lvl 85 strangers, but friends can group with friends. Mercs also allow folks to go from 85-100 much easier than they can go from 1-70 on past TLPs solo.

Personally, since TLPs tend to die in the lvl 70 expansions, I am looking forward to a server that will let me pick up close to where other TLPs more or less left off. I imagine I'm not alone.
  20. Trex Journeyman

115 is a long way away. Corwyhn was stating that people will be at 90 for awhile and you can get someone in the group instantly without having to get them to 46 just to earn xp. If you arent willing to let someone new into your group at 90 or even 95 just because of AE damage just to help server population then why even try? You can 6 box on any server and ignore people but it's not hard at all on any level to 5 box and let someone into your group. I can clear anything with my 5 man crew while carrying someone (at 85..they won't be a full carry) and if they died a lot..rez is fast and free.