Worth playing?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vargann, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Vargann New Member

Would it be worth my trying to play EQ since I will only be able to solo?
    Ratakop likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, there is no reason you have to solo. None.

So its up to you. I solo and have a blast. But it sounds like you are predicting failure with the thought asking if it would "be worth your time" and that you will "only be able"

Edit: sorry if this seems harsh - was in my shadow knight persona and they can be rude
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Classes like Necromancer, Magician and Beastlord often solo.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

You can Molo any char at low levels you and a Merc.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Solo'ing is very possible with almost any class but you have to be realistic in your definition of success. There is a ton of content to do even with a slower moving XP bar and fewer group missions. When people talk about EQ being a group game they are talking about current content, fast XP rates and group missions. There is a ton of other things to explore than that.

Also lets call it molo'ing, which is solo with a mercenary. Anyone can get a lot done with a cleric merc.

Also, if you go the route of boxing, then you are solo'ing in the idea of one real human being but a single box makes you into a group of 4.

Say you play a shadow knight using a cleric merc and box a shaman using a rogue merc. The shaman can be played with minimal effort if you don't enjoy boxing. Just leave the shaman in the camp and use a hotkey that says /assist <your name>, /pet attack, /cast <slow>, /cast <dot>. This single key press make you substantially more powerful soloing with almost no more effort and gives you a second merc.

Have a bard follow you around and you get more buffs and a 3rd merc even if you never play the bard in any way other than leaving him standing in your camp.

So, yes, there is a ton of stuff you can do in EverQuest, for free, or with just one subscription, by yourself.
  6. Vargann New Member

Thank you all for all for all your input I really do appreciate it. Catspaws, I am not setting myself up for failure. I asked a question which I wanted an answer to. Most people wouldn't have the patients to group with me because I have a disability which makes it difficult to group therefore I know that soloing is my only option. Your answer didn't seem harsh to me you just need to learn to ask more questions is all.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Don't put yourself down. I mountain bike with a guy who is legally blind. I have a doctor in a wheelchair. There are plenty of people with various disabilities playing Everquest. Watch The EverQuest show on youtube, I think maybe episode 2? Hopefully you'll be able to find a group of people who don't make you feel like your disability is your definition. Good luck.
    KarmaKitty, Claan and Vargann like this.
  8. Vargann New Member

I don't feel my disability defines me. I just know my limitations. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though!:D
  9. Igorath-Bertox Elder

IMO unless you have friends that will play with you no it isn't. You need to be high level 110+ to get groups and even then its hard. Lower than that its impossible. EQ is for hardcore players with established guilds now.
  10. bigpapa Augur

you can have fun , best way is to try and see if you like it.
    i would suggest a solo capable class at 1st :
    shaman , druid , rangers can solo as well .,,( with real tank you will get hit a lot , and not being able to wear prestige items * if not all access * ) will be a challenge at higher levels ..

yep it is pretty easy at ** low ** level , mercs are very powerfull at low level ....

problem is when you hit level 80 + , and your tank merc is weaker and need heals to stay alive , ect..

with a * solo * class you still can do decently without tank merc. or no merc at all .
    Claan likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Shadowknight, Magician, Beastlord, Necromancer, Druid & Shaman are all good options for someone who will be playing mostly solo or with a Merc, these classes can solo lower levels (below 60) fairly easily with defiant gear which can be earned from armor quests & hotzone quests as you level up.

A Merc tank will make levelling very easy until around 60-65 after which you'll likely need to swap the tank merc to a healer merc unless you play as a Healer. Once you are 75 you can get the Journeyman 5 Merc quest though you will need some help from a friendly high level player to carry you through it, which doesn't take more than an hour or so, this will enable you to have a much stronger mercenary that is a lot less prone to running away from mobs.
    KarmaKitty likes this.