Vote Broken on Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grebyr, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Grebyr Lorekeeper

Please look into the issue. Voting is up but we cannot actually vote...
    Gesiah likes this.
  2. Tishanian Journeyman

[Mon Jul 29 21:38:29 2019] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The barrier to new lands is weakening. New adventures await you when the barrier to The Buried Sea finally falls.

90 days from Jul 29, 2019 = October 27, 2019.

[Mon Oct 28 01:01:51 2019] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The barrier to The Buried Sea begins to shimmer. The Priests of Discord have news for you.

[Mon Oct 28 22:09:42 2019] Priest of Discord says, 'You are experienced enough to vote. Choose wisely.'

However, as Grebyr states, we do not get the window to place our vote yet.
  3. Kloven Elder

Still not working as of the morning of 10/29 eastern. Priest responds but it's as if the UI window to vote is broken. I can see the vote is open going to Polls under the EQ button, but I cannot open the vote from that window.
  4. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

You should be able to successfully cast votes no later than the 4th, maybe earlier. We had this many times on Fippy.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Okay. I found the problem.

I was proactive! I set up scripts to be ready for the next expansion. They already have in them the constants for the next expansion (since level based things check a constant that says "I'm *this* expansion")

And well, that constant isn't live yet, so the scripts that use that constant are like "What are you talking about. You are speaking a foreign language, I'm just not going to run!"

And you say "You didn't test it" Well, wrong. We did. On a server where that constant DOES exist. We couldn't actually test it on Ragefire, without activating the event out of time on Ragefire...

I'll get a change in, AND get a hot-fix in.

The side effect is that everyone will have to go to the Priest of Discord in Plane of Knowledge once this is complete. We don't want to hotfix every zone with a Priest of Discord.

This will definitely be a many hours at the minimum, if not another day.
    Gesiah likes this.
  6. That0neguy Augur

You didn't test it good enough? /duck :p
  7. chinchey Journeyman

The Priest of Discord at the top of PoK will let you vote.

Thanks for fixing him, Ngreth!
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah. I was doing a Raid test when the band-aide fix went in, so didn't get to come in here and let y'all know.