Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Selo's pretty low population now. Being double or triple that is still small.

Better comparison would be one month in who had the greatest general population on a TLP.
    1. Ragefire
    2. Phinny
    3. Mangler
    4. Agnarr , Lockjaw, Selo (although selo hit low pop quickly)
    5. Coirnav (no idea i quit few days in terrible exp)
    6. Fippy (no comment)
    Even Ragefire was a dumpster fire server due to unregulated mass automation that gave way to 12+ boxing on a level no wants to encounter even with AOCs. We all still have to deal with them in open world and /picks.

Truebox is now useless if it's not enforced I won't play on another truebox server unless it was FV loot rules, then I'd just cheat and use a VM or a network tool that bypasses it completely to play from one PC.

Non-truebox has issues, if they don't enforce rules against automation or 3rd party tools then it's just another set of issues.

I'm sure some of these issues are less prevalent after (x) expansion. I can't speak on that as I'm not interested in investing the time to get to later expansions as every TLP has proven they become a ghost town no matter the rule-set. I'd rather not end up a low pop dead server 10 expansions in.

If I had to make a suggestion on my personal wish list:
    1. Non-truebox
    2. You are limited to 2 - 6 boxing, go above and get a ban
    3. Enforcement from DBG on automation or 3rd party tools that results quick bans.
    4. Start anywhere from kunark - luclin
    5. Experience like agnaar / RF then start with exp increases after every 2 expansions
    6. FV loot
    7. 3/2 month per expansion
    8. Some type of catchup mechanism once the levels and AAs start to stack up.
    9. AOCs, better pick management or lessor #'s to open picks
    10. Remove Motm faster
  2. Stewgottz Augur

Not to take one portion of a post out of context, but I would like to hear more about this thought. What do you mean by "Deal" with them?

Between instanced raids and more changes to pickzone, I would like to learn what we have to "deal" with.
  3. jordune Augur

Personally I would like the following
    Start in lucien or pop
    51/50 enabled
    Free trade
    Aoc
    4 month start 3 month after
    Boxing allowed
    No motm
  4. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Screw it I'll bite.

Start in TBM
    Lvl 100 start.
    20K marks of valor
    5 month unlocks
    No FV.
    Non Truebox
    Yes AOCs
  5. Gootak New Member

To follow the ruleset pattern for data/consistancy

Non-Truebox
    Start in OoW with 51/50 (I believe the same as Quarm had)
    2/3 month unlocks.
    AoC's
    FV rules or not is fine - FV would help though.
    exp rate - Selo's

With 51/50 at OOW at least they can still group with new players straight away until SoF raises the cap to 80. Also this provides a large number of group instance content and leveling zones to choose from.
  6. code-zero Augur

I'd say no starting currency of any kind and also have some of the past progression included in the level 100 super heroic characters like the MPG trials and DoN things are in the current heroics
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I've always felt a good gauge of population are active guilds, and people that are on after patch. I've found that Phinigel has always had a superior number of both, even now compared to Ragefire/Lockjaw, Coirnav/Agnarr combined. The former is suggestive of how reliant those servers are on boxes. Mangler appears fairly healthy, although it does appear to have less overall guilds in era compared to Phinigel.

I don't think Daybreak will renege on Truebox, although I feel if they relax it to say, two characters per computer would in itself be helpful. This happening at a later era in a server's life would be beneficial.

Heroic characters should be unlocked in House of Thule, two expansions prior to when they were originally introduced, COTF. This would help provide infusion to the guilds in those eras. On Phinigel, this would of saved at least one if not more guilds from folding/quitting the server. This would be one of the easiest revenue streams for DBG as well.

These two simple tricks would easily increase overall retention in the mid-late tier TLPs.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

The idea behind the currency in this hypothetical concept would be to relieve the devs of the man-hours required to design new/upgraded heroic characters. However I admit that given my lack of knowledge of how it all works, it could be more complicated than that. Again, hypothetically, they could just take existing heroics, bump them up 15 levels, and give them the marks of valor to buy cotf group gear and a few older augs.
  9. Machen New Member

I have always pointed to # of active guilds as an accurate reflection of population. And I did not think that Ragefire would ever surpass Phinigel in that regard. But, based on what I've seen since Miragul was announced, it appears to me that Ragefire has more active guilds raiding current content than Phinigel does. Or, will, next week, assuming nothing changes. That puts Ragefire as second currrently in terms of server longevity behind Fippy, in my book.

Edit -- this is all based on me playing very low level characters on both servers for the last month, watching systemwides and general chat.
  10. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

It'll certainly be interesting to watch how that evolves over time in comparison and general clear speed -- not only for those servers, but all of the upcoming servers as well. I have a feeling Ragefire/Lockjaw will follow suit in the same manner Fippy/Vulak did, the question is up until what era. I think we had 4-5 guilds in TSS on Fippy, and that condensed down to Citizen and Darkblood in late SoF, with EoE then shortly transferring prior to SoD releasing. I'm not sure exactly how many guilds are on Ragefire right now in TSS, probably just behind/equal to what Fippy had in era.

What's really neat is the early instance availability on Phinigel eventually nurtured an astounding 13 guilds to clear content in TSS. It certainly goes to show how much instances helped the long term population.
    Aneuren likes this.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Ever server in EQs history has lost players between TSS and VoA. I think the fair comparison to make his how the servers were at the same expansions. Phinny had 13 guilds beat TSS, RF and LJ have a combined 5. Maybe 6 if the guy botting 40 toons is still doing current content, but i haven't seen him on twitch since RF was in DoN
  12. Eangel Elder

LJ has two raiding guilds and two other guilds that transferred to RF that are still raiding. Pretty sure RF has more than 5 total raiding.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Surely you can name them then
  14. Machen New Member

I haven't kept that close tabs but it seems to me that Ragefire has been fairly steady population wise for a long time, even increasing a bit with players coming over from Lockjaw.

Yes, every TLP has lost pop from TSS to VoA (all two of them that have gone through that stretch.)

But also, every TLP has lost pop from PoP to TSS, except, I think, for Ragefire. In both Phinny and Fippy's case they lost around half their raiding guilds in that stretch, more for Fippy. And Fippy had that steady attrition even without new competing TLP's being opened up until after VoA. Has Ragefire lost any guilds since PoP?

If I'm right, Ragefire's trajectory may be different as well from TSS to VoA. We'll see. It also depends if they open a new non-truebox TLP I'm sure.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Ragefire only stayed about the same size because lots of players left LJ for it and well Ragefire doesn't have much room to shrink. There is really no reason to believe it's not gonna shrink between now and VoA. Especially when the people that want a non-truebox server refuse to play on it.
  16. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

I also like the idea of limiting boxes to 6 total per IP. Warn/Ban those that violate it. Per my previous post, I support non-truebox, with FV loot, AOCs, 3/2 month per expansion and starting in Luclin.
  17. Machen New Member

Fippy had the same thing with players coming over for Vulak.

And not much room to shrink doesn't negate attrition, I can testify to that--after seeing Fippy dip below the current levels of pop on Ragefire, that 4-5 guild threshold, amazingly enough the population didn't ssuddenly stop declining because there wasn't room left to shrink. Nor do I expect that Phinny's pop will suddenly stop shrinking now that it is down to four guilds.
  18. Eangel Elder

LJ
    Damage
    Kings of Agnarr

RF
    Cor Tempus
    False Prophecy
    Darkwind
    Summation
    Mercy

I believe there are two others as well.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The current /pick system works for some zones decent, for others it's crap.
    Make a better /pick system or even some form of a private /pick and I'm sure no one would care what any large scale heavy boxer does in open world.

It's why I mention a limit on boxing even on a non-truebox server I feel most people under 6 boxes aren't going to ruin the open world or current /pick system like the 12+ folks I see roaming around.

There are some good one's the guy in velks on mangler he runs 24 to 40, does PL's, now he's semi nice, but when he was leveling his teams in kunark far from it.

I'll define boxer:

6 and under, most are using some form of alt-tab, some use some simple broadcast keys to hit a macro on each guy. Most are based on 1 melee, multi-casters easy to manage.

12 and over, most are using programs, have a better class setup that is automated to attack, buff, run and position towards target and do so with minimal effort using what we all know currently.

I've never seen a 7 to 11 boxed team to think of it.

Doesn't matter on truebox or non-truebox both apply because mass boxing exists on both. Only thing that would increase on a non-truebox server would be the amount of folks that box 6 or under. The folks that box 12+ already have the means and method to visit any server.

I'm not against boxing as I do it myself but those 12 to 60 man groups are just setup to farm and monopolize content at a far greater rate than a heavily populated server can sustain with the current /pick system in place.
  20. Gesiah Elder

Fixed it for you ;)
    Eangel likes this.