DBG Issue Tracker down or gone ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Angahran Augur

2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would bet its just down. All of them are for any DBG. Not like its the first timeo_O

There were a lot of updates throughout the internet in the last few days and it may have affected it.

Like they said they were having issues with Steam also.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Still not working. Wonder if its related to the new bug report/vote up forum here we are supposed to be using instead?
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If so, then I hope that Daybreak brings over all the bug reports and feature requests from the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker.

Some of us spent a lot of time and effort creating them. Basically, it's pretty much impossible for me to reproduce the ones I made. When I put something down in writing, I pretty much forget it after that. That's the whole point in writing things down. I also expect someone who tells me to do that (Daybreak has in the past told us to use that) to make backup copies or otherwise be prepared for any issues that might happen.

Also, we need a Feature Request forum in addition to the Bug Reports one. And while a forum is much better than no forum, the forum format is not optimal for this kind of thing. The Issue Tracker is designed for it and works very well. It lets you create "tickets", set status, easily search them, vote on them, etc.

Any possibility that Daybreak can host the Issue Tracker instead of using the forum (or in addition to)?
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's gone.
  6. DebonAir Lorekeeper

Why? How? :(
  7. Drayman Elder

There are no bugs. Everything is always working as intended!
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Seems to have coincided with a new bug report section on these forums appearing so perhaps it was taken down for that reason.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I don't know why, but it isn't a coincidence that they added a bug report section shortly after it disappeared. Clearly DBG knows it won't be coming back so they've created something to replace it.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you have your foil hats prepared, don them now.

Thinking the other system cost them money, so they shut it down. Best hope is they got a good dump of all the data. Or at least had transferred most of the issues to their own internal lists.

**edit** EQ2 got a bug report sub-forum too. hmmmmm.
    PS2 issue tracker link down. The 2 devs haven't had time to fix?

You may remove your hats now.
  11. Forcallen Augur

Good it was silly anyway. Taking voting for problems offsite was clunky and bad anyway. Most people did not want to or could not be bothered to take extra steps for something that should be handled in house. You could have 10 threads and 60 people sharing concerns and making requests for a problem and it could be ignored because the external tracker tool might have showed only 1 or 2 people concerned making it not a trackable problem so to speak.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. Angahran Augur

So you are happy that all the time and effort that people put in to reporting issues has just, apparently, been flushed ?

You think that using a message board will be a better option than using a system that is used by countless businesses, specifically for tracking these type of issues ?
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They've already made their decision.

A discussion on the merits of the old system vs. the current system is pointless, it's a done deal.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

It would have been nice to have some warning so we could have at least archived off some or all of the info.
    Yinla and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hi All,

I wanted to hop in and clarify a few things. DGC issue tracker was a fan run project, not an official Daybreak communication platform and the person behind it was unfortunately not able to continue it. The cost to maintain it for both the player that started it and Daybreak proved prohibitive, so the bug forums were the solution chosen to retain some of that functionality, unfortunately it was not possible to move the data over.
  16. MarttinPH Augur

Thanks for the update!
  17. bbanz Elder

Thanks for the update. Shame they couldn't have transferred ownership.
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Shame they couldnt have let the people who you know, donated many many hours to it either. Shame we couldnt have exported any of it - i have hundreds of tickets documented in my own spreadsheets but I could have scraped every single ticket off of it had I been given any notice by anyone involved in the decision to shut it down.

If I sound annoyed, well... my tone is properly conveyed.
  19. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Who was the player who owned the hosting account for the issue tracker? I can probably put this on a AWS account and take monthly donations to pay for the hosting if it spills over the free tier in the first year.
  20. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

So you wasted a ton of time performing tedious tasks on a flimsy medium that you didn't own, on your own accord, without any guarantees of its permanence? Do you not realize how weird that sounds? And that's putting aside the whole "documenting hundreds of tickets to your own spreadsheets" thing... To me its similar to going into a store that you don't own, spending a bunch of time dusting, cleaning, and re-arranging things, then getting angry and ranting because you found out the store is liquidated.

It's just weird man.
    Koshk likes this.