Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garmr Augur

Right epics....hadnt thought about that. I dont think the heroics will come with them so there probably will be some log jamming going on for some pieces. I generally wait to do the things that get nuts at a server drop, I guess J5 Mercs and Epic quests in this case, until the volume has died way down. Not wirth the frustration imo.
  2. Leifer Augur

If the server is truebox I won't play. Otherwise I'd pay subscription for three accounts.
  3. enclee Augur

Interesting idea but it’s truebox, so I’ll pass. Good luck to those that join.
  4. That0neguy Augur

DBG cannot force people to play together. Truebox, non-truebox, even a No Box server would not force people to like you and play with you.
  5. Drayman Elder

It's a numbers game. A server that discourages boxing could draw players like me who don't want to box. With 20 or 30 people LFG vs the normal 0 to 3 on a live server, the odds of finding people to play with goes up.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The odds of finding a group don't go up if the players that want to box just don't play on the server at all.

You (and DBG) are banking on there being more players that would refuse to play on the server without TrueBox than there are players that refuse to play on the server because of TrueBox.

I am in the anti-Truebox crowd and will also be skipping this server. Just like I skipped 4 out of the last 5 servers. And the one TrueBox server I did try to play on, I quit after a few months specifically because it was just as hard to find a group there as it was on any other server, and because boxing on multiple computers got to be ridiculous.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I just wanted to add that the epic situation on this new server, and on any future server that starts at a higher-than classic levels, really should address the epic bottlenecks. Epics are absolutely required for several classes at all levels, and forcing players to fight/contest each other for very slow-spawning, grey-con content is a huge turnoff.

EDIT: I would suggest either including the epics in the Heroic Character, or reducing the spawn times to 1 minute for all epic NPCs/mobs (if you want to make people jump through the hoops). There is no joy to be had in making people wait in line for days for a grey con mob to spawn.
  8. That0neguy Augur

Which epic 1.0 outside of Cleric is still used? Plenty of classes use 2.0's forever, but there's no real bottleneck in any of those.
  9. Drayman Elder

I guess it's probably time I just stop playing.

I am tired of boxing. I just want to log in and get some progression done but that never happens because everyone else is boxing.

Ah well. It was a good run.
  10. Trex Journeyman

Naw, I would give it a go. For every post where someone says something nice there are 20 someone saying they hate something (same with yelp, amazon reviews ect). This server will be fine and will be 100 times easier to catch up on when someone gets that itch to play EQ. Honestly I feel like many people who quit other servers in the last year...and have been wanting to come back but the leveling/aa grind/gear/aug/ect grind has been making them think twice will be jumping to this server. Starting off with spells/gear/aa/bags/ect just makes life easier. I think this will be the default I am coming back to the game and want to play server (except for those who only like classic EQ..they will go to Green or mangler).

I say give it a shot..who cares what others say.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

How quickly we forget Telgrith ;)

But as to epics, yeah, I think a lot of you are forgetting that epic 1.5 Prequests exist and allow you to bypass the 1.0. Most of them are pretty quick with a few exceptions having rareish spawns in dumb places like Torgiran mines. Even the cleric 1.0 is pretty much wasted bag space by this era since they have the AA rez .

I will say that this isn't a reason to not include AoCs. There's plenty of things people enjoy going back to farm like Abashi, VT clicks, and just the general enjoyment of stomping a kunark dragon at level 90. Without them it'll be just like any live server where for some reason there's a level 110 Ranger permacamping Severilious and Kelorek'Dar for whatever reason.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think for some classes, the 1.0's are faster to get than the 1.5-prequests, now that they've added Harbinger mobs to speed up slow spawns.

But there are definitely still bottlenecks for 1.5/2.0. Off the top of my head, I imagine the Murkglider Breeder will be a hotly contested bottleneck for SKs (one of the most important 2.0s).

EDIT: And before somebody says something about wanting things for free or having everything handed to you without playing, consider that the point of this server is to play toons at level 85, with other people. It is not to force people to go and solo mindless content by themselves. That's the opposite of what everybody seems to want.
  13. VandilIzer Augur

Cleric 1.0 isnt even used anymore, you get a AA that is way better.

There are a few 2.0 bottlenecks but even they won't be awful, and as stated only a few classes need / want their 2.0's, most can just skip it if they don't want to do the quests.
  14. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Seems a lot of folks are also forgetting all the open world stuff that needs to be done for the Artisan aug. But what are the odds this will still be a popular server by that point? And how many folks will work to get this done ahead of time? And how many weirdos will be hanging out and killing PoP gods just for the sake of it? Time will tell I suppose.
  15. Aegir Augur

Haha I remember that. He wasn't that bad for us filthy casuals to get to, once you WT and OGC were done.

Most pullers know that Kerolek`Dar's Bioluminescent Orb provides some fun tools for pulling. But it's best utility is hidden within the Citadel of Anguish!
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A week today until the server launches can we get some feedback on our questions/concerns please?

Unlike other servers there has been no promotion for this server, is any planned?
  17. Frottage Journeyman

are you starting with no money ?
    how many char can be 85 on one account ?

is it true hero char starts with 15k ?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/miragul-heroic-progression-server-faq.260187/

First question, we start with no PP.
  19. Silver-Crow Augur

20. Iyacc Augur

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the people who judge EQ a success or not are the accountants and are looking at it as one entity. So long as the franchise is working and making money, very few of them probably care about anyone given server. If total subs is above the number they know they need to stay ahead of the game, then it's a win.

We assume they care or even consider individual server viability/population/economy/whatever but beyond target X for the points in time where they release bags/mounts/etc on the store, I'm assuming it's all irrelevant.

The players have emotions and feelings invested in these characters/guilds and servers while the company on the other side does not. Not to say that developers and programmers/staff don't care about their project from the standpoint of any successful person wanting something they built to keep growing or being successful, but that's not the same as the company viewpoint towards any given title/franchise as far as profitability and longevity.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.