Monks Strats, 2.0

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Thrillho, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Thrillho Augur

My current mash key, in order:
    • Flying Kick (should be on auto-activate anyway)
    • Drunken Monkey Style
    • Zan Fi Whistle
    • Firewalker's Synergy
    • Tiger Claw (should be on auto-activate as well)
    • Hoshkar's Fang
    • Firestorm of Fists
    • Curse of the Fourteen Fists
    • Firewalker's Precision
    • Vigorous Shuriken
    • Intimidation
    • Two Finger Wasp
    It doesn't need to be in that order, or have all of those items. If you use a different order, there may be a conflict with some of the abilities and they may not fire. Other orders may work, I haven't done extensive (read: any) research on it beyond "oh this works!"
    55monky likes this.
  2. Jaedo Journeyman

I find mine glitches when i put drunken monkey first, so i put it last (also gives me a chance to use it as I wish with Crane Stance booms). I do try to click it before i start mashing but its not a big deal if i miss it the first time.

Also you can maximize dps on burns by paying attention to Shm epic, Bsts Ruabriis ect. They work well with Ironfist and Terrorpalm because they increase the speed of attacks, which do not stack with Speed Focus and Heel. Glyph of Destruction and Intensity of the Resolute do not stack with them either.
  3. Snack Augur

I use it in Thrillho's exact order without issue.
  4. Funnonry Lorekeeper

I came here to clear up your Magna Carta of information into something better cause that's how Pandemonium does it big:

pre-click -Infusion of Thunder - bp, epic, blood drinker's coating, burning salad

/burn
    /alt act 1360
    /alt act 7001
    /disc dissident form
    /disc heel of zagali
    /alt act 377

now turn on auto attack
    hit smash key

when zerker synergy audio trigger fires hit

/afterparty
    /disc drunken monkey style
    /alt act 1109
    /alt act 1235
    /disc crane stance
    /alt act 1012

when heel drops use terrorpalm

"413 million has been deposited into your accounts." -team scion

Your coach,

-Hotbutt
  5. Boyboi Elder

Just a couple additions, I don't have Two-Finger Wasp on my spam key. It's a 1 minute duration on a 3 minute timer, so I don't like using it when a mob is about to die in group content. I also have a Gina trigger and countdown timer for it on raids since we have multiple monks in my guild, that way I can hit it when somebody else's is about to wear off and bring us all slightly closer to that Zerker DPS.

Also I don't have Drunken Monkey Style on my spam key because only one component of it stacks with Zan Fi (the Tiger Claw Boost). So, I manually click it, click off Flying Kick boost (when Zan Fi is up...let DMS run in its entirety for one cycle when Zan Fi is down), let the Tiger Claw boost run for the duration, then click off the subsequent boosts after that so it's ready to go again when it refreshes. This also makes me feel like I'm doing a lot to increase my DPS and being proactive when in fact it's doing next to nothing.
  6. Durnkenfists New Member

7. Lisard Silly

last time this was used was in CoTF it helped the berserker in the group, think that was the last time it did anything useful.
    Durnkenfists likes this.
  8. Kaponen Lorekeeper

Fists of Wu has been stale dated for almost 5 years, yes
    There's also no need to have DMS in a mash key, although I guess it really doesn't hurt anything either.
    also, fwiw: 1st spire outparses 2nd when running Heel burn on a quick fight especially w/ high hdex (2k+), just due to more procs and stacking procs etc
    @Thrillho: You mentioned stacking issues with Vehement/TonPo's/FDF or something...try juggling the sequence, there is a way to have them all running in unison, but there's only one particular way, and I cant remember the exact order of keypresses atm

Kontra
    Durnkenfists likes this.
  9. Astral64 Augur

[IMG]
    Duder, Thrillho, Fintank and 3 others like this.
  10. Kaponen Lorekeeper

I didn't even read whatever all those alt codes were, other than to see a rank 1 crane stance and just moved on
  11. Sprezzatura New Member

Monks,

Do you use Eight Leaves Heel Technique from the TBM and Velazul BP in conjunction with the Seven Chakras Heel from ROS Scaleborn etc? do you re-purchase your Velazul's BP for the click and use both in your burn cycle?
  12. Szilent Augur

just like all class BPs, they share timer
    feeltheburn likes this.
  13. Soygen New Member

Can someone please explain this "mash key" setup to me? I haven't played in over 8 years. How do you have this all on a single key and how do you set the order of the skills?
  14. Symbius Augur

Make a new hotbar. Go into Options > Keys > Select your new hotbar > Under Keypress, assign a single key to all of the Hot buttons.

Put your abilites on this new hotbar and then smash that key over and over until your fingers bleed.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  15. Szilent Augur

Pay no attention to the uncouth "nuking spells". Pretend they're refined, high quality kicks and strikes like you're used to:

[IMG]

Any empty Hotbar will do. Any Keypress you like will do. Simply assign the same Keypress to every Hot button on your chosen Hotbar, and then line up skills in order of priority. The multibind can include a social if you like, in any position, and an item in the last position.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you include a social in a multibind key you have to wait long enough for the social to complete otherwise it will stop and restart the social each time you reach it.
  17. Szilent Augur

Pause commands are da debil, I'm absolutely definitely not advocating any social with a /pause in any setting ever

A multiline social with no /pauses, however, can have great utility in a multibind.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, they all work like that. Also, I have never gotten any social without pauses in them to work worth crap. If you are using socials it works infinitely more efficiently to have pause in it and to not spam anything but set a minimum timer that starts after the last command of the social is carried out with it ending when the reuse timer of the first item in the social has reset. Especially, if you're wanting to control the order in which abilities are activated.
  19. Sarcogian Augur

anyone else cycle in innerflame with 2.0 bandoiler still...... or just me?
  20. feeltheburn Augur

he lives