Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Polekn Augur

Disable truebox on all servers once they reach GoD, no new servers are necessary.
  2. Machen New Member

A great solution that they will probably never even consider.
    Aneuren likes this.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Clearly what we need is a third TLP non-truebox in TSS. LJ and Ragefire and just so damn popular we need a 3rd one.
  4. Machen New Member

For what it's worth, both last night and checking again just now, Ragefire and Lockjaw have a combined general pop greater than any other progression server except Mangler. Ragefire alone is ranked 3rd among all TLP general chat, just barely behind Selo. So the notion that no one plays there is bunk.
    elumxe and Eangel like this.
  5. Eangel Elder

At it again with Fake News. Keep digging that hole.
    elumxe likes this.
  6. Eangel Elder

What a waste of electricity to boot!
  7. code-zero Augur

One thing this thread has established is that there seem to be a fair number of people who'd like some sort of non true box server and a few who are offended at people not having fun the right way
    Bobbybick, AcemoneyFV, Gana and 6 others like this.
  8. Leifer Augur

If Miragul is truebox, I will not play. Otherwise I will subscribe to 3 accounts.
  9. Dahaman Augur

Background: I 3-box on Coirnav. I didn't switch to Selos or Mangler, I won't be switching to the new Miragul server and I wouldn't switch to a non true-box server.

That said...

I fully support a non true-box server. There is obviously plenty of support for it. This thread is nothing compared to the clamoring for it since the start of Phinny. The desire is just plain obvious.

The server should get AOCs. The non true-box people deserve an option for it on a TLP. They do.

Minimize the impact to other TLPs. Make a list of all the TLPs and all the eras they are in. Determine what has the least options. Example: The level 70 to 75 options are crazy full at the moment (Coirnav, Selos, Ragefire, Lockjaw). My opinion is that the non true-box TLP should start at classic thru Luclin era as they haven't had that opportunity and it egregiously affects only one TLP (Mangler). Pick one based on the best financial consideration for DBG.

There will be massive botters AND massive boxers. It will be a cluster for RMT at the beginning. It will be toxic in the typical places, arguably more than normal. Well... it's like that on every TLP server for the first year. People just need to expect it. It will naturally resolve itself over time (months to a year time frame) The bright side: this will fix (or greatly lessen) toxicity on Mangler. The toxicity on the non true-box server won't go away until... drum roll... the next newest TLP. That's the circle of TLP life.

The XP rate is an important decision. Don't make it a Phinny schedule XP rate. Let the last of that experiment expire with Coirnav. Trust me, it isn't because that is something I'd like to keep in a golden lockbox to treasure on Coirnav. Hah!

Free Trade Loot. Albeit this too is something grossly clamored about, this needs to stay away from the first non true-box server to give a clearer apples-to-apples comparison about non true-box popularity. This is something great for the second non true-box server that should eventually come.

Expansion release schedule. The 3 month / 2 month schedule seems to be neutral and thus probably good to keep.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

As others stated, I’d prefer a removal of Truebox on existing servers starting at a certain expansion. Or even an easing of limitations by allowing 2 or 3 connections per computer starting in a certain expansion.

But by the time SoD is unlocked there should be no more boxing limitations remaining. It makes no sense for any server with mercenaries to have boxing limitations.
    Froger, Bobbybick and code-zero like this.
  11. Numiko Augur

I have to agree, by the time SoD is open and mercs appear Truebox is nothing more then a waste of electricity.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I wouldn't play on a non-Truebox server but I wouldn't vote against folks who want one.

I think one of my "fears" is that if automation were explicitly allowed, that I would fall into that trap and never get out. Is that bad? I'm not sure. It's an individual decision.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So stating the fact RF and LJ are in TSS is fake news?

Yikes dude.
  14. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

Lot of hostility towards DBGs on my TLP server, due to the obvious rampant bypassing of the true-box code. Hello 72 boxers running around and not even attempting to hide the fact. It's frustrating because many people want to box a few toons, but will not break the spirit and intent of the server. However, when it is in your face everyday, people get jaded.

Here we have yet another true-box server coming out and "Everybody Knows" - Sigrid, the same thing will happen. If this thread is real and not just lip service to quell the rebellion over yet another true-box server then you are heading in the right direction. Having options for people with different play styles is not a bad thing. If people are against the ruleset, they have other options available to them. However, going against a playstyle simply because it does not fall in line with the way you believe the game should be played is <would have just been blocked>.

Start at level one, but open at an expansion with fully instanced raid content - no open world raids (something like OoW / DoN / TSS). People can race to the level and expansion they desire to experience. After that, expansions open at the 2-3 month release that seems to be the most favorable choice so far. Make items free trade. No-trade is simply an artificial time sink and control point in the game. Free trade will allow people multi-boxing to more easily equip their alts and keep pace with the expansion releases. Of course, the boxers with the intent of boxing raids and selling LRs will not like this, but Free Trade makes previous raid loot drops easily attainable at low cost in the bazaar (FV has proved this). A Free Trade TLP does not exist and this would be the perfect server to add it to. If the expansion is opening past PoP, just turn the MotM flag off - if that is possible.

My 2c.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

A FV style server with fast unlocks absolutely favours those using 3rd party cheats to botmassive armies. On FV, the numbers get low due to a full year of expansions items coming into the system, not 2 or 3 months worth. The bot armies are able to get items just so much faster.
  16. Morthakia Augur

As someone who plays on live, I would love FV rulesets for the non-truebox TLP because it would be something new and fresh. I do recognize that many people are hesitant for such a ruleset because it is different. I’m happy either way.
  17. yober Elder

The best possible solution IMO. Except I would make it LDoN, being able to box there instead of dragging along people who don't want to do them would be great.
  18. That0neguy Augur

Why not PoP? Would be better then dragging people to farm items with me for aid griml.
    Why not SoL? No one wants to come with me to camp FG shards after the initial rush.
    Why not SoV? Getting people to do EToV mini's and faction grinds is hard
    Why not RoK? No one will help me camp my epic drops.
  19. enclee Augur

Open with TSS and non-truebox
  20. Stewgottz Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/2017-progression-server.237574/#post-3493874

We've wanted this awhile guys... do the right thing. Make the server you should have made to begin with.

I haven't posted my own super awesome Goat TLP settings in quite a while, so lets get it.

Selo opening with Mangler exp.

Open it up with everything through luclin for 6 months.
    Mangler everything else except stupid truebox thing starting when PoP opens 6 months after server launch. I think that's a fair compromise for people who have done 1-50 a zillion times and gives enough room for people to spread out picks and DZ's. Why is that important? see below.

As other have stated... If you ever made a TLP with no truebox and AoCs/Picks it would crush every server. It would pull from Live and the current TLPs and it would be FAKKING AWESOME.