New Necro Pet Illusions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Deviouswolf, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Deviouswolf New Member

It would be awesome to have a Ghoul as a new necro pet. What y'all think?
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

It's 2019. If I had an ask, I'd want the original skeleton model, with a strong preference to it being a monk, complete with the awesome OG jumpkick animation.
    xmPradah and menown like this.
  3. Volgare Journeyman

i miss monk pet, would love some variation in pets from just the war/rog template.
    menown likes this.
  4. menown Augur

At least the monk pet would not require a weapon to do it's full damage from the front like the rogue pet.
  5. Dabrixmgp Augur

original rust brown skele and black specter is what we have only ever wanted for pet models. no idea why we still have the garbage models literally no one likes.
  6. Szilent Augur

I don't like spectres, can't see if they're armed. Their cackles on lifetapping are only cute for like one day, and that day was 17/18 years ago, depending on one's friends/wealth during Kunark! I like the armored skeles (RoF(?)-TBM) way better than naked skeles, they were my favorite. Zombies & mummies & ghouls & shades & ... any of that - oozes & cubes & whatever? would all be aces with me, as long as their weapons show.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I want the one that takes the least amount of dev time to implement.

That being said... Ice Shader Skele?
    menown and Szilent like this.
  8. Forcallen Augur

I am an illusion junky myself but it eats up time they don't have so have given up asking for new or expansion themed pet models years ago. Just leave it as a skelly model so we can see the weapons.
    Ravanta Suffer and MasterMagnus like this.
  9. seber Augur

any thing but Spec Pet i hate that form Keep Buy ones from DB SC all time
    menown likes this.
  10. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Personally I use paza's remains and sometimes white werewolf wand, but that's primarily because they are both clicks (convenient) and show equipped weapons.

The "form of" spells are nice but I doubt anyone uses them anymore because it's tedious switching them out.

So what it seems people really want, is a pet skeleton illusion clickable item, or for the tov model to just simply default to skeletons. Either would make me happy.

Paza's remains gets a lot of hate, but it really is a nicely done illusion. It even has good swimming animations.
  11. Coas Lorekeeper

I've been saying this for years, I would absolutely love an original Dracoliche skeleton pet illusion. The ones you see in Plane of Hate/Dragon Necropolis. Anyone else with me on that?
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

It would be popular I'm sure, but lots of people understandably want pet illusions that show weapons, and they would also likely be too big.

A dracoliche mount though...is a wish that I could ride on!
    menown and Volgare like this.
  13. Evurkvest Augur

The illusion that was on EM24 and lesser raid focus was ok imo. Never understood why they removed it on EM 25+. Not a big fan of the look but weapons were visible. And yea, good old skeleton model would be awesome.
  14. Ibudin Augur

I want my pet to look like me, big headed Erudite, dual wielding fire swords. The code is already there, give it to us!
  15. seber Augur

Do any neco out there Still like spec lol
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

From what I've seen, only dirty rotten twinks who cast spells randomly.
  17. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

In House of Thule era pet one of the focuses gave it the Ghostly Froglok graphic. The ability to change them would be cool. The Spectre (current version anyway) is the worst graphic for necro pets. Its Loud, it has terrible animations and its unwanted by most necros.
    Szilent likes this.
  18. Szilent Augur

Spec was hella cool in its day. Its day was 19 years ago.
  19. Evurkvest Augur

AA versions of the Form of XYZ spells would be nice. Permanent that could be enabled/disabled. Perhaps its a buissness model to have a pet illusion that most dislike :) Makes ppl buy stuff in the marketplace.