Top 3 DPS during House of Thule Era?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aaron jabs, Oct 17, 2019.

1. aaron jabs New Member

Title says it all. What did the raid scene look like during house of thule? Wat did the top 3 parsing classes look like?
  2. Catashe Augur

Mage, Wizard, Monk if i remember correctly
  3. Dorris New Member

Given the deep retrospective changes to many classes since HoT was released I would expect that regardless of what was top DPS at the time it will likely be different now.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

On phinny, Mages were a tier above any other class, breaking 80-100k+ dps when the other dps would need a perfect showing to get within 80% of that. Monks usually second because they're forever broken on TLP, rogues usually third because they get shafted on TLP. We didn't have a wizard for most of HoT, but when we did they would compete with monks and rogues.
  5. Mithra Augur

Mages can be double a Rogues damage on burst and triple on long fights.
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

Rip me
    Koniku likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mostly Monks & Mages topping parses in HoT on TLP & still doing so into VoA Rogues & Zerkers trailing just behind, every now & then my Zerker would have the RNG gods smile on him & get in the top 3.

Depends what you parse though, if just the final burn phase or the whole event including trash.
    We usually post parses of both, casters tend to do better on flat-out burns with melee showing better on full events.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

What about druids?
  9. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Druids aren't ripe yet in HoT
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm still fairly certain that the AA consolidation ended up giving mages things they shouldn't have starting around SoD. Which I'm fine with because I love mages.
    Delphwind likes this.
  11. Zipe The Healer

It was Shock of Many. The SoF and SoD spell for that era was kinda... hmmm strangely overpowered. I didn't compare now (VoA era) but the SoF and SoD version did hit the target once per pet. Resulting on 7 max hits, each could crit, etc.
    Now (VoA and HoT) it only hits once for the max value and also the max target's bonus been increased to 15 pets for VoA and 20 pets for HoT.

This is probably due to a recent patch fix regarding this type of spells. I can't find the source atm :( but I do remember something on the notes about this "merge".

So now, apparently, all the "multiple" hits are merged into a single hit. Let's say it was a machinegun and now it's just a gunshot.

I logged my mage (VoA Era Atm) and casted Jolt of many (SoD era) to a dummy, It's only hitting the target once (Target have host of elements running).

Now, see this log from 8 months ago (Phinny was on SoD era)

[Sat Feb 09 16:26:39 2019] You begin casting Jolt of Many Rk. III.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Your Keikolin`s Forcephase Gloves feels alive with power.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Xacta hit Aprosis the Fourth Confidant for 1012 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Your Keikolin`s Forcephase Gloves feels alive with power.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Xacta hit Aprosis the Fourth Confidant for 2312 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Xacta hit Aprosis the Fourth Confidant for 3152 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Xacta hit Aprosis the Fourth Confidant for 3975 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Xacta hit Aprosis the Fourth Confidant for 16296 points of non-melee damage. (Critical)
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Xacta hit Aprosis the Fourth Confidant for 7346 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Xacta hit Aprosis the Fourth Confidant for 8051 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat Feb 09 16:26:41 2019] Aprosis the Fourth Confidant has been struck by a jolt of many.

As you can see, every single shot of the "machinegun" was focused and also could crit.

TL;DR Shock of many was really op during SoF/SoD but looks kinda nerfed after this.
  12. Briano Journeyman

I'm not gonna correct you because I don't want to be nerfed on Phinny. Not yet anyway.
    Boze likes this.
  13. Vladd Wunderslash New Member

If they know how to play the class should always be Necro, Necro, and Necro lol. Long as they aren'tresisted on everything. But hey im from the oldschool, i know nothing. But if a Mage, Wizard, or a Monk (awesome melee DPSer btw) ever out parsed me on a raid anytime in Classic thru PoP i would of needed to rethink my strategy, or cut down on the drinking and casting. Can't afford another CWI, guild only giving me 1 more strike outta 3.
  14. Machen New Member

You should cut down on the drinking and posting. The thread specifically asks about House of Thule, not classic through pop. And it's also asking about current TLP's, not what the servers were like in 1999-2004 or what they are like on p99 today.
  15. Baldur Augur

Even after the change mages still topped parses in HoT and now in VoA they are still topping parses.

It's mage/wizard/monk with mostly mages and wizards topping parses in HoT. Zerkers/rogues are close behind and rangers keep getting better.
  16. Zalamyr Augur

On phinny it seemed like it was mostly mage/wizard/monk like everybody was saying. Necro is probably also up there, but high level necro play is a rarity these days. Most of the necros I ran across didn't even have their 2.5.
  17. Mithra Augur

While not typically top 3 it is worth noting that Shadowknight and Ranger also have huge burns that will beat Rogues.
  18. Ravanta Suffer Augur

It's weird...one of my guildmates doesn't have his. And I'm in Xegony. In Machin Shin. The dude logs in on Saturdays on occasion...I offer to help him with it. I only did mine a year ago since I was away from the game for so long.

Crazy, right?
  19. Marton Augur

I always inspect necros if I see any around and about 1/3 of them doesn't even carry their epic - they have current 1H equipped :oops:.