Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gladiatoreq Elder

Having Truebox enabled makes this server a No for me.

There is nothing more infuriating even when legitimate boxing on multiple PCs and still getting DC’d for hitting keystrokes too quickly. It makes properly lining aDPS and burns essentially impossible for DPS players.

Either fix the terribly written code or remove it entirely. There’s no reason it needs to be implemented on a server this far progressed. Advice to Daybreak: please be logical and use your brains.
  2. BeenThereDoneThat New Member

I know that people are concerned releasing a second server would split the population too much, but I actually don’t think that is the case.Normally I would think so, but there is a very distinct difference.

For the folks that want to box, it is very often a binary outcome (I recognize this is not true 100% of the time). With Truebox enabled, they won’t play on the server at all. So this portion of the player base will NOT be stolen from Miragul as they have no desire to play on Miragul at all.

The only portion of the player base that will be splintered is the portion that doesn’t box but is comfortable playing on a boxing server, as they might decide they want the flexibility to box in the future or are happy to be in a boxing permitted community.

So while I agree that launching multiple competing servers is never the best outcome, I don’t think it is as bad under these circumstances.
  3. Aegir Augur

Lots of hostility towards this TLP in this thread. I'm usually not the type to jump on the wagon of rage, but this time I can't really blame those who are angry.

Both from a Phinigel Player perspective - or from a player looking for something different in an already oversaturated TLP market.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I will admit, it's an interesting take on a twink server. But I can't see who this server is aimed at either. Are you targeting live players? They can box on their servers, going to a truebox server would be stupid for them. TLP players? Most are invested now in Selos or Mangler, and the crowd that finds itself repeating Classic for every TLP launch is probably somewhat different than those that are interested in this era. Who knows, I could be wrong...but it seems like a splatter of ideas picked out of a bag without a coherent goal.

The 3/2 progression is nice though, that feature would be more than welcome on other servers.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This server is ideal for those who don't like the direction EQ is curretly heading in and don't want to restart at level 1.

House of Thule is one of the best if not the best expansion and is ideal for those who want to come back and play on a busy server without starting at level 1.

Personally I wouldn't be happy joining Phinny at this stage as I would be behind. While I would still be the same level (ish) and able to group, I wouldn't have plat and gear that other players have. Starting afresh at this level on a new server means everyone starts off with the same level of skills, AAs and gear. No one has any advantages other than knowledge, which we can all research at any time if we so desire.
    That0neguy likes this.
  6. MarttinPH Augur

My guess it might be the next TLP release for next year.
  7. That0neguy Augur

..... That has been standard (except selo) for every server now.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is hero's forge enabled?
    What /claim will be available from other expansions & beta?
  9. Aegir Augur

House of Thule for sure is a nice respite between two very rough expansions. I only got some bells ringing about having three months in House of Thule starting out as a Heroic Geared/AA'ed character before Veil of Alaris drops; after 3months in HoT, You will plunge directly into the hardest Group/Raid progression expac so far on TLP.

So my only concern is the rough awakening after the very forgiving expansion HoT is. And even though you have a huge loot farm in Convortium to base gear up your whole guild - in order to get there, you have to beat Brell Trials pretty fast after been put into the game with Heroic Gear and very few AA's.

So while HoT is a nice "Casual" Expac, it's sandwiched between two very hard ones.

Miragul is lucky that LoTA is moving there though. You'll have a Raid Core totally on top on how to raid HoT and VoA.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  10. Numiko Augur

From the FAQ

but AAs following that point will not be auto-granted until five more expansions have unlocked (as they are on all other servers)

just want to point out its auto grant of AA's after 4 expansions have passed on other servers, not 5.....
  11. Dahaman Augur

I don't either.

They could have simply added Heroic Characters to TLP servers that reached HOT as a tremendous shot in the arm to boost them to the live server finish line. Instead, they are (unintentionally?) sabotaging their best TLP potentials (Phinny, Selos) from reaching live servers while successfully beating all content.

Phinny and Selos will get there regardless of course. They have zero "need" to get to live while beating all content en route. Splitting the community (drawing people away from Phinny and Selos) is simply a little counterproductive in the long run. Releasing too many TLPs when other options exist does that..

Example: It might be interesting in the future to open up these boosts on TLPs to help people be relevant faster on those TLPs in era.

- Boosted Character (level 51, 50 AAs) available with the release of Gates expansion.
    - Advanced Characer (level 70 with trimmings) available with the release of TBS
    - Heroic Character (level 85 with the trimmings) available with the release of House of Thule expansion.
    - Epic Character (level 100 with trimmings) available with the release of the last level 105 expansions

Make them cost DBG Cash and/or Real Dollars or make them free. Either way, characters are more quickly relevant in era.

EDIT: After getting thru the rest of the posts, and seeing multiple people state the same idea independently, it really smacks of common sense to do just that (instead of the new server).
  12. Rayvorn Elder

Really liked to know this because I would buy a heroic character just to use it on Phinny and skip this new server.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

TrueBox makes this server a non-starter for me.

It's too bad, I was really looking forward to something new and exciting for everybody that hates boxing without multiple computers like cavemen. Such a waste.
  14. Machen New Member

It's getting pretty funny now. I don't think they have ever actually put the correct # of expansions for autogrant into any TLP faq, ever.
  15. Machen New Member

Phinny and Selos will make it to live either way, because the content does not need to be defeated for the servers to progress. As long as the rules for the respective servers don't change, there is no possibility the new server will beat either Phinny or Selos to live.
  16. Hateseeker Augur

Truebox is a disappointing decision, it's yet another in a long line of truebox servers with no non-truebox mixed in for years. Plus truebox has failed to achieve what the true anti-box players wanted anyway, so every time a new truebox server comes out, it disappoints those that want to box from a single pc, and it disappoints anti-boxers too.

I realize there is now a discussion about a non-truebox server, however, what about the people that wanted this heroic server to be non-truebox, and not only that, this server, as close as it is to Live, make extreme sense to be non-truebox for that reason as well, especially with mercs available. It seems very likely that the next TLP release to which non-truebox might be applied, will be a standard cookie cutter, non-FV rules, Classic-start TLP.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What is being done to ensure that this server is Truebox unlike other Truebox servers?
    Machen likes this.
  18. Ootax Augur

You don't have to be ocd about it, everyone knows based on the way I worded my post I was referring to having a population to raid/experience the content. Your posts really are a little overboard sometimes in the way you try to correct everyone on every little thing. So yes phinny and selos will make it to live faster but it's not likely they will have a raiding population to experience it, are you happy now?
  19. tofu stir fry Augur

truebox doesnt work well, that much is known. i have boxed in the past mostly on test server for a very long time. but on TLP (lockjaw and now mangler) ive been on both sides of the coin and see no real difference between whether its truebox or not ... the botters still find work arounds to ruin the economies. now given this new heroic server i dont see the point in even putting truebox in play ... and this is coming from someone who doesnt even play alts on one account (shammy main thats it). on mangler we have people legit boxing and theyre for the most part easy going well mannered players. on the new server i would consider playing more than one account if truebox wasnt involved. id still like to see truebox go away on mangler after a certain point (perhaps after POP). just my two cents.
  20. Potawatomi Augur

Terrible rules yet again. Why are we getting yet another true box server? Instead of editing your post about a non-true box server, actually have something for us. Next we will get your classic responses of Soon, we’ve heard the player base, etc only to be let down again. DBG is the absent Father who pokes around every so often, instilling hope that they will be apart of our lives, only to disappear again. We know we shouldn’t have gotten our hopes up but this time we thought it would be different.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.