Requirements for level 6 of the evolving items ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Axxius Augur

Obtaining raid quality T5 items without any raiding is excessive.

Requiring all raid challenges to obtain items better than any raid loot makes perfect sense.
    Mintalie, Thunderkiks, Duder and 2 others like this.
  2. Mazame Augur

Think of it like the Forgotten Gemstone. if you did all of the raid Cheese you got to upgrade to the Nathsar Diamond.

The reward for doing the raids is chest you get at the end of the raid. The Cheese is added tasks that your not required to do to get the raid loot. As a reward for the extra effort put into the events for the cheese your given a bonus reward.
    In TBM it was the 10% mod aug.
    In Eok it was the Diamond that was a 35 to all heroic aug.
    In RoS it was weapon ordainment.
    in TBL it Level 6. Here is the "bst ring" for an example comparison.
    AC HP Mana End HStr HSta HInt HWis HAgi HDex HCha
    T6 390 9930 9930 9930 33 33 33 33 35 34 33
    T5 363 9539 9539 9539 31 31 31 31 33 32 31

27 Ac
    391 HME
    2 to Heroics

over all it not game breaking. And compared to TBM and EoK the gain is in line with what was given in the past. Rather then 35 to all heroic we get 8 to all heroic and some AC / HME.

The fact that everyone wants to be given X with out putting effort is sad. to get the cheese it takes extra time and a lot of effort for the raid to work together to earn those check marks. Your saying that it not fair to require the cheese. I am saying it very fair to reward those for going above and beyond the normal.

If they don't reward people for doing the cheese then no one would ever do it. and the time the Dev spend making the cheese would be wasted.
  3. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

The 10% damage mod in TBM will be something that everyone would/should want, but very few will get going forward. Raiding guilds who probably did it when it was current have them, and slower guilds don't raid that stuff anymore because there's no/few mid-tier raiders.

Is anyone aware of a comparable mod/damage bump available to group players?
  4. Horyuken Augur

they will be totally obsolete in a year anyway. The TBM and EOK chase items had some staying power these are good for one expansion.
  5. Horyuken Augur

IIRC the Eyes will start to loose effectiveness over level 110. So no reason to go back.

Edit, yeah at 111 no reason to even have teh item.
    Eyes of Life and Decay

Target: Self
    Range: 100.0
    Resist: Unresistable
    Casting: Instant
    Duration: 3h15m (1950 ticks)
    Dispellable: No
    Restriction: Out of Combat

Improves the power of your damaging and healing abilities by 10%.

Slot 1: Increase Spell Effectiveness by 10%
    Slot 2: Limit Class: unknown classe(65535)
    Slot 3: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    Slot 4: Limit Effect: Hitpoints
    Slot 5: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 6: Limit Effect: Hitpoints v2
    Slot 7: Limit Effect: Skill Attack
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

lol, that's one hell of a item effectiveness depreciation.

I'll re-ask the real question, though, which is .... is there another item or ability or quest arc with a comparable mod to damage? Isn't DoN tier 4 a 2% crit modifier or something? What else is there?
  7. Horyuken Augur

Nothing, really. I guess the new chase item will be a replacment.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That makes sense, just seems daft that the group max item needs nothing in TBL. But hey ho onwards and upwards. Have to see what the replacement items look like in December 2020. :)
  9. Mazame Augur

The Eye will be no good for 115+ ( but it lasted from TBM, EOK, ROS, TBL)
    The EoK Diamond is 80 Heroic with TBL were at 55 ( so it last EoK, RoS, TBL, ToV+ ) we a bit more of a shelf life.
    Ros was a look so it will last until your sick of the look. for some that was RoS. ( I never even used them myself)
    TBL the T5 is compare to this year raid gear so for those getting it to level 5 it will last (TBL, TOV) for those that get T6 is only a little better then T5 so it will again last (TBL, ToV) after ToV your going to be replacing it. If your a Group player and don't get raid gear in a guild that doesn't beat all of the events and full gear change then it could last you past ToV another 1-2 years before group gear will pass it.

My point is that both T5 and T6 will last the same amount of time.
    The avg life of these Raid cheese items is about 4 exp.
    The fact that non raiders can get T5 and have it last for 4+ years is like Hortuken said more than fair. and the add stats you get for T6 is not going to give you any extra life out of the item over t5. infact if your in a guild that can do the cheese then your more then likely going to be replacing that slot sooner then later.
  10. Mazame Augur

I agree.

I wish it would have been more a long the lines of.
    T1 = getting the item
    T2 = doing Pop cheese
    T3 = doing Eok cheese
    T4 = doing Ros cheese
    T5 = doing TBL cheese
    T6 = TBL raid cheese.

It sucks that many of my toons are stuck on T1 because the mass effort is just no worth it for my alts. Where if each level was open by part of the cheese it would mean that I could do some cheese then work on the time then work on more cheese then work on the item. breaking of the time between the two.

After all doing cheese only gets old when your doing it from start to finish.
    Grind the gear from T2-T5 get very old quickly on the 2 and 3rd time doing it.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

Let's start with clarifying that I was talking strictly about vanquisher. I think requiring vanquisher is excessive to reach T6. That still means that a player has to do 100% of progression including all raid wins and flagging, 100% of collections, 100% of missions, 100% of conquerer. and 100% of hunter.

I disagree.

These evolving items are not gimmies. They take a lot of work to get. They are only 4 of the 21 slots. A player has to obtain them, get all of the back ACH done (which is very poor XP to get these done, planeslayer for example) and then XP with them through 4 tiers. To give group level players an opportunity to obtain a T5 evolver at raid level by working hard at the group level to get is very good game design.

But to roadblock T6 behind vanquisher is ridiculous. The TBM augs did require vanquisher but they required nothing else. You didn't need to go back in expansions to get ACH. You didn't need to farm items. You didn't need to wear an item weaker than your raid armor to level up that item through an extensive amount of XP time. It's just completely different. After all the work to get them to T5, to require vanquisher on top of everything else is just a roadblock, road not being the word I'd prefer to use.

To hold ACH based evolving items to the TBM standard is rediculous because it's all a completely different concept. To complain that a group player can earn 20% of their armor to raid level standards by doing a ton of group level work is just as ridiculous.
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Everytime someone says eyes of decay is not good at 115, a necro adds you to their list of people to sacrifice whenever you are grouped with them and you need a rez.
    sauron3030 and Marton like this.
  13. smash Augur

No it is not.

Shawl 2 required RAID item, Shawl 3 required Raid, Ring #10 in Velious required head, Eyes require raid.
    And to evolve to final tier, require raids.

It is not any different, it also just require TBL everything.
  14. Tanols Augur

Vumad lost his cape anyone seen it ?
  15. Fian Augur

Please enlighten us on how eyes of decay will be useful at 115.
  16. Monkman Augur

Necros, due to the fact that they haven’t had their dots revamped yet still use spell sets that have 95-110 spells. They will still be focusable at 115 with eyes.
    Tucoh and Oakenblade like this.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

None of those examples required vanquisher. I think people misunderstood by what I meant by requiring all raid items. I guess it's my fault for not saying vanquisher the first time.
  18. smash Augur

Might wanna reword your thing, because eyes does require it.
    Jondalar likes this.
  19. Mazame Augur

Both the Eye from TBM and The Diamond from Eok required VANQUISHER.
    Jondalar likes this.
  20. Angahran Augur

There is a huge difference between requiring an item from a single raid and requiring every achievement from every raid.