Fippy Darkpaw progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lecarre, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurySoul Augur

obviously the mergers cant be ruled out, but I still feel that it is unlikely. I can only see them doing this if there is an opportunity for an increase in player base, because I doubt it costs them extra having low to no population servers due to the virtualization of the servers. I personally welcome any future mergers though as Its a free transfer to get more people to play with.
    Numiko likes this.
  2. Numiko Augur

I think part of the problem is you cant get two people to agree on which expansion to stop at, while you may like PoP there is a large group who hated it and blame that expansion for the fall of EQ's popularity.
    Everyone has a different favorite expansion they would like it to stop at, some will point to OOW and Epic 2.0's as the peak of EQ for example.

Technically they did have a sever like with the Mac server Al'kabor .. it was locked at PoP and they ended up having to close it because not enough people would play on it to sustain it.
    FurySoul likes this.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

The only thing clear here is a server that fails to unlock the next expansion 3 times in a row will lose a large portion of the population...
  4. Machen New Member

They have already broken the pattern of what they did with Combine/Sleeper, since Fippy/Vulak never were merged together. No idea if they will merge Fippy with another live server, but I wouldn't count on it just because they did so with Combine. It's been, what, six or seven years now since the last time they merged a server. I know the code changes are supposed to enable server merges again but whether it actually happens or not, we'll have to wait and see.
  5. Numiko Augur

While they were never combined, didn't Vulak people have the opportunity for freely transfer to Fippy at one point? .. I may be wrong as I was not playing EQ at the time and just remember reading about it on a thread somewhere
  6. Machen New Member

You can transfer from Vulak to Fippy, but never for free. And we can already transfer to live on Fippy. So, no need for them to merge if that's the criteria.
    Numiko likes this.
  7. MabbuPhinny Augur

Fippy is dead, and the only people arguing that point are the people still playing on it. Machen I love you but you're missing out man. Phinny is the bomb, you have blinders on. FurySoul/Medeas...at least he has an excuse for being ignorant, but you man..come on now.

Those comparing the success of Phinny versus Fippy... you are in serious denial.
  8. FurySoul Augur

It's dead but you say "people still playing on it." You contradict yourself right off the bat. Enjoy your Phinny, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Fippy at this point and for quite a long time now, is closer to Live style of play. Phinny is more classic style of play. It's understandable that a lot of Phinny players would not enjoy Live style and vice versa. No reason to to fling dirt at anyone for their preferences.
  9. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Fippy is on the tail end of TLP, and we're proud that we've come this far, and we've got a few more expansions until live. We're currently about halfway through COTF.

It's a pleasure leading, and playing with an incredible team, especially many that have been around since way back when the server initially launched.

We're proud to be the last ones standing, and are home or have been home to many people from many walks of prior TLPs and other guilds :)
    Ckador and Ethereal like this.
  10. Tharrg Augur

it wasnt because the population issue as much as it was the fact that it was on a MAC and no one really uses those to game. In order to do patches they had to special make the patches just for that server and it was money consumer to have a server just for it and team to fix issues. But the population was a vibrant community. They tend to make multiple progression servers, then the solution. Make 3 one that is pure classic with just kunark and velious unlocking. Then a CLassic + that goes to Luclin. And then the third a POP progression that gets POP.
  11. Numiko Augur

Yogi? is that you??

[IMG]
  12. Tallor Lorekeeper

I always lobbied for the long term solution of "locked era server progression." instead of gimmicky short term progression servers. BTW fascinating Holly Longdale quote. I couldn't disagree more with her position; which is a PVP mindset of some players denying content from other players.
  13. Vladd Wunderslash New Member

I left Fippy right before PoP or around then. Wow it is funny to hear that Citizen ended up being the only guild that stayed around to do raid targets. They were around #3 or 4 guild when i played. They were lucky to even get an uncontested mob back then. Basically just picking up the older leftover stuff better guilds didn't want or have time for. And i don't mean bigger i mean better guilds lol. We (Twisted Legion) were always probably much smaller then they were (citizen always did have a large population) but i don't think we ever lost a single encounter to them or any other guild. Except for a few in Classic early on due to SK harmtouch armies that Citizen employed... i know this because i was with Citizen at that point until around Velious exp. Left them due to their tactics mostly and the fact they just were horribly organized. If we (Cit) had a guild contesting a target they would train, petition, and usually tell GM that we got trained by other guild rofl. Then after hours of waiting lose the mob to TL. They even on a few occasions would let us take first crack at whichever target it was unless it was a server first or something members needed to keys... And on a few occasions that happened Cit would still lose and we'd get to watch them clean house while we did a CR. Not surprised Fippy lost its population so quickly with them being the only big guild left. I'm not sure when TL decided to leave i think they started up again on a different TLP but i lost touch with most of them. I didnt quit by choice i had to buy a new PC and by the time i got it back up (months later) i had a new job and never came back on unfortunately...Still have a raid geared Necro and Pally who were top of class when i quit with best Luclin Era gear. Fippy's community was just turned so damn toxic by Citizen i hope to not see them on any future servers i join. The new P99 Green is launching TODAY and i am looking forward to a new start on there.
  14. Vladd Wunderslash New Member

Not really true there were plenty of guilds doing TV, AOW, and other high end Vel/Luclin era stuff. Twisted Legion got just about 99% of the first kills and pretty much controlled everything from then on. Around time i joined TL we were farming Vulak and rest of ToV pretty much without concern of other guilds, they were there and tried but usually didnt worry us. I know once Luclin hit we tried setting up a rotation with other guilds after FFA for the server firsts and getting keys and such. We were usually outnumbered by some of the other guilds but had a very dedicated core of great players. Citizen back then did nothing but try to cause drama etc. They had a bloated ego and thought they were more deserving then the other guilds they were lumped with, hence the rotations never worked out for long. Just train wars and back to races for kills. They literally would "poopsock" raid targets for 12/18+ hours plus to try to get kills and force their players to be there entire time or not get DKP. One of reasons i left Cit for TL. I can't remember sitting and waiting on a raid target for more then an hour or so after i left Citizen (which was ALL we did lol). After Citizen would be sitting on spawn all day (no joke like minimum of 8-12hrs) we would come in when mob would spawned since we actually payed attention to kill times or just wait for it to spawn and manage to mobilize to kill before Citizen could manage to get their act together and either still manage to kill it before them or after they wiped if we had a long way to travel or weren't camped out there. It was a pretty entertaining time i goto say that. Don't miss the sockfests tho... man i never want to be involved in something like that ever again. All you need is either a batfone system, camp mains out buffed and rdy, or just learn to mobilize fast like we usually did. Not sure why TL left fippy whether they found greener pastures or what. But they were a great group of players on a level never saw before or since.

P.S. Any of you still out there that are planning on doing P99 green give me a shout and can look each other up. Its launching later today i think 1-2pm EST.. Going to be a classic launch and release patches/expansions in real time to what it was IRL back in 1999. Kunark and Vel will be released when the time is right. No votes or mob unlocks for expansions. Far as i know its only going to Vel and by 2022/23 will merge with Blue server. Legacy items etc until Temple of Sol patch and Planes being added with patches.

Vladd 60 Necro
    Aurora 60 Pally
    [Twisted Legion]
  15. That0neguy Augur

Holy necro batman.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.