Not much time left to plan.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topplelv, Oct 23, 2019.

1. topplelv New Member

We are only a week and a half out from a new tlp and we still don’t know what the expansion release schedule will be or if it will have truebox. Unlikely but fv rules or not would also be nice to know. I find it amazing that DBG can’t just put the information out there. As with all the other tlp servers, some people would like to take a day off or two to jump into it if it has the elements they want. Why not just tell us so we can decide?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

You cannot give what you don't have.
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Worst. TLP Release. Ever?
  4. Ceffener Augur

Original announcement said unlocks will be 2-3 months, so assume the same unlock schedule of every other TLP that uses the 2-3 month ruleset.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Coirnav takes the cake there.

What you had a few weeks notice for an exact duplicate server but just made exp slow?

C'mon...

Miragroll is already better than that!
    Delphwind likes this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

#$&# it, we are doing it live. We are doing it live people.
    andross77, jeskola and VandilIzer like this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

I don't know what that means.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Zalamyr Augur

It is a little odd we haven't had any more details yet. Hopefully we get a post before the end of the week.
  9. Machen New Member

It's a minor side attraction to their expansion release. It's a surprise they are even doing a TLP this time of year.
  10. Ootax Augur

True, but you'd think they would be smart enough to know by now that any new TLP server announcement people are going to be wanting info on it right away. And from a marketing standpoint this is a horrible thing to do, they have hundreds of thousands of customer emails that they could be marketing this server to for weeks which is how you drum up interest. Just from a business side of things this is a horrible way to launch a new product. They would be better off pushing the launch of it back a couple weeks and email market the things some, even if it is a side project. Money is money regardless.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

How much planning do you need?

Wash your poopsocks, stock up on chicken tendies and Mountain Dew and you're pretty much good to go.
    andross77 likes this.
  12. Ootax Augur

While I don't, some people do like or are required to give their employer a certain amount of notice time to take off which isn't uncommon on a new server launch. But even the planning part aside it's not a very effective way to launch a server. Email marketing and Social media marketing cost very little to do and they aren't doing any of it up to the launch because they haven't release any info on it yet.
  13. Riggles Journeyman

After 20 years, this is the kind of lackadaisical attention we have grown accustomed to with EQ devs. Don't expect them to accomplish a 4 hour workday. They have their nights to plan.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Spoken like someone who has never paid for FB advertising.
  15. Ootax Augur

Actually I have your comment sounds like you've never done social media marketing at all. Being as I'm self employed with both an internet and retail b&m businesses I have a pretty good idea as to what the basics take to do simple social media marketing. You don't have to pay for advertising on FB(or social media in general). They have 60k+ followers on their FB page. It's not hard to add a few posts every week promoting an upcoming server. They do very little paid advertising for EQ in general so why would you expect them to start that now. They rely on past/current players via email and social media. And they've used very little of both to promote this new server.
  16. jeskola pheerie

No one is burning PTO on this heroic tlp. There isn't even a level cap race that some enjoy - no one cares about first from 85 to 90.
    andross77 likes this.
  17. Ootax Augur

Really? You must be able to see the future and know what every player is doing. Not a single person is going to take a day off work for this? Amazing that you know this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

You're right, I should not type in absolutes. Only a total idiot would burn PTO for this DOA server, especially after the ruleset release today.
    andross77 likes this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

You're saying no PTO for DOA TLP?

Might as well make it F2P.

GG.
    jeskola likes this.
  20. Kywen Augur

My only plan is to cancel the time off I had put in for.
    jeskola likes this.